Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 2nd 2014, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

ghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud of
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hello,

This forum seems a bit more active than Canadavisa, so I will give this a shot.

My partner and I are scheduled for a "final determination interview" on January 8th - which is just a landing interview because we have already been approved - but we do not have a COPR in hand to "land" with.

We got our first COPR in the post on November 1, but long story short there was a serious issue with it and they had to re-issue a new one (twice), the most recent one (which they promise is going to be the final one) has not yet arrived...

So, I guess I am asking if anyone has done the landing at their local office instead of "flag-polling", and if so what did they need to bring?

On my letter it doesn't mention a COPR, but it seems logical.

Thanks!
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

JohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant future

Haven't received any updates or anything but I have just randomly checked ECAS and we are showing as 'In Process' from December 30th!

Fingers crossed!
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 11:33 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ghunter
Hello,

This forum seems a bit more active than Canadavisa, so I will give this a shot.

My partner and I are scheduled for a "final determination interview" on January 8th - which is just a landing interview because we have already been approved - but we do not have a COPR in hand to "land" with.

We got our first COPR in the post on November 1, but long story short there was a serious issue with it and they had to re-issue a new one (twice), the most recent one (which they promise is going to be the final one) has not yet arrived...

So, I guess I am asking if anyone has done the landing at their local office instead of "flag-polling", and if so what did they need to bring?

On my letter it doesn't mention a COPR, but it seems logical.

Thanks!
The invitation letter should tell you what you need to bring. If I remember correctly it is a very short list. They may invite you and hand over the COPR at the interview given what has happened in your case.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Badger. is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello. My partner's "Notice of Assessment" states that she is single, but the date falls prior to the point where we became common-law, will CIC make a fuss of this?

I've read that people write approximate dates on IMM5540, for when I, for example, met a particular relative or friend. Is it okay to leave the day blank, and simply put month/year?
Old Jan 4th 2014, 12:12 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure about the Notice of Assessment. We just put months for the dates of meeting. We did fill in the whole date where we could work it out though. (Or at least within a span of a few days, for example my husband met my parents on their first trip to London... don't remember which day but would have been within a few days of them arriving, so I just guessed the third day... May have been off by a day or two but I figured it didn't matter too much.)
Old Jan 4th 2014, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

prairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond repute

I've just posted off forms for my husband. Should I now join a spreadsheet or something!? Excited! And relieved to have finished filling them all in. (And feeling significantly poorer for having paid the fees...)
Old Jan 5th 2014, 1:46 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prairiechicken
I've just posted off forms for my husband. Should I now join a spreadsheet or something!? Excited! And relieved to have finished filling them all in. (And feeling significantly poorer for having paid the fees...)
Added you to the spreadsheet!! You are the first 2014 entry!!! I've put the date as the date you posted the app, let me know the date it actually arrives there... and best of luck!!
Old Jan 5th 2014, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

ash0918 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I've posted a couple of times on here and it's been very helpful. We are sending my partners visa stuff off in the next couple of weeks. I know the canadian processing time to verify myself as a sponsor is about a month now, but can anyone give me an idea of how long it takes once it's in London? The website currently says 10 months, is that still accurate?
Old Jan 5th 2014, 9:06 pm
Concierge

Check the spreadsheet in my signature
Old Jan 5th 2014, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

Badger. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Not sure about the Notice of Assessment. We just put months for the dates of meeting. We did fill in the whole date where we could work it out though. (Or at least within a span of a few days, for example my husband met my parents on their first trip to London... don't remember which day but would have been within a few days of them arriving, so I just guessed the third day... May have been off by a day or two but I figured it didn't matter too much.)
Thanks for the reply.

We are almost at the point of sending the app. off. Does anybody have advice on organisation? Can we use paper clips, paper dividers, or other similar things, or does it have to be sent without any of those things?

Can we use highlighters to emphasise or point out certain things?
Old Jan 5th 2014, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

UKHR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Been a while since I last posted.....I just checked my application status online and it states that the London Office have started to process my application as of 31st December 2013..... was wondering how long it will take before a decision based on the most recent 'in process' to 'approved' applicants..... Ive checked the spreadsheet but would welcome views also!

Thanks

Ali
Old Jan 5th 2014, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

JohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by UKHR
Hi All

Been a while since I last posted.....I just checked my application status online and it states that the London Office have started to process my application as of 31st December 2013..... was wondering how long it will take before a decision based on the most recent 'in process' to 'approved' applicants..... Ive checked the spreadsheet but would welcome views also!

Thanks

Ali
Congratulations, it seems we are all getting somewhere!

I'd be interested in that too, although I've noticed that those that went 'In Process' at the beginning of December are still waiting - granted the holiday period may have slowed things down somewhat.

I'm hoping for a decision this month...hopefully.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 2:23 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badger.
Thanks for the reply.

We are almost at the point of sending the app. off. Does anybody have advice on organisation? Can we use paper clips, paper dividers, or other similar things, or does it have to be sent without any of those things?

Can we use highlighters to emphasise or point out certain things?
Send the application and documents in the same order as they appear in the Guide. Simple is best so at most use paper clips to divide sections as per the guide.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 6:05 am
Concierge

The instructions say not to use staples, send binders, etc, so be wary of what you use. We just sent it all loose, but used binder dividers to separate sections and included a table of contents. if you search my previous posts you'll find where I've posted it in the past.

(Use Google and you're "site:Britishexpats.com" and some keywords, you may find it easier than the forum search!)
Old Jan 6th 2014, 6:06 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by UKHR
Hi All

Thanks

Ali
Spreadsheet is probably the best source as anyone who would have posted is reflected in the spreadsheet, and not everyone who is captured on the spreadsheet is still active so go with what's on there. Keep in mind not everyone sent to in prices as ecas is unreliable at best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.