Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 7th 2014, 7:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by UKHR
Thanks Oompa........I think based on that the condition looks like it will apply....

Alarm bells for me
Yep. I've just read your previous posts and as it seems you haven't been living together, then yes it will and you'll need to sort something out so you can cohabit from landing.

Good luck.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

sean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Orlaith
Hi all,
Just a little observation.
All the Juners (like myself) are starting to fall outside the average time for DM from sponsorship approval. Also it seems like the Juners are also outside the average time when it comes to going "in process" to DM. The average I can tell from the spreadsheet is somewhere between a few days to two weeks. I am closing out on my sixth week "in process". I"m finding the daily wait, turning into the weekly wait, to the monthly wait - excruciating. I see from the 2012 spreadsheet that people did get DMs in January. Fingers crossed we start to see some movement soon…..
Yes, fingers crossed!

June, it seems, was a really crumby month to apply
Old Jan 8th 2014, 3:21 am
Just Joined

canuck22 has a brilliant futurecanuck22 has a brilliant futurecanuck22 has a brilliant futurecanuck22 has a brilliant futurecanuck22 has a brilliant futurecanuck22 has a brilliant futurecanuck22 has a brilliant futurecanuck22 has a brilliant future

209 long days after submitting our application back in June, we received COPR in the post this morning! I was pleasantly surprised as our application status still just says "application received" - how unreliable! Still can't believe it Please update spread sheet. Good luck everyone and I hope good news is on your way soon xx
Old Jan 8th 2014, 3:24 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canuck22
209 long days after submitting our application back in June, we received COPR in the post this morning! I was pleasantly surprised as our application status still just says "application received" - how unreliable! Still can't believe it Please update spread sheet. Good luck everyone and I hope good news is on your way soon xx
Congrats!! Updated you!

This situation is why we tend to say ECAS is unreliable... generally if it's changed, then the change is accurate, but if it hasn't changed, it doesn't necessarily mean nothing is happening!!

Anyways, glad yours is sorted - now time to plan the landing!
Old Jan 8th 2014, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

Orlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of light

I'm deliriously happy for you. We are on the exact same dates. It lifted my spirits to hear this. Best of luck.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 5:33 am
Just Joined

Heppster will become famous soon enoughHeppster will become famous soon enough

SchnookoLoly,

I noticed that AK9 on the spreadsheet has a "Stage 2: Sponsor Approval to Dec Made" time of 566 days, and this may be messing with the average times. As this time should me much less! Can you please fix that for everyone?

Thanks!
Old Jan 8th 2014, 5:45 am
Just Joined

Krisandbecky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, kinda new to the forum, I've been browsing the thread for a while and finally just verified my email so I can post.
So myself (UK citizen), and my fiancé (Canadian), so common law parter, will be applying for PR on the 25th of January (as that will be our 'one year continuously living together'). We have been gathering everything we need and putting it together over the past 2-3 months, just to try and be extremely organised with the process. As time nears I'm starting to question a few things, including the one below.... What did everyone include for this?

7 IDENTITY AND CIVIL STATUS DOCUMENTS
Provide national identity cards, birth certificates, baptismal certificates or other official document confirming relationship for you and each of your family members.
If you are married, you must include a marriage certificate. If you are now divorced, you must include final divorce certificates; if separated, a separation certificate. If your marriage was annuled, include a copy of the annulment. If your former spouse or common-law partner is deceased, you must include your spouse’s or partner’s death certificate. Photocopy of Citizenship Certificate or Immigrant or Permanent Resident Visa for any family members who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
If you are in a common-law or conjugal relationship, provide proof of that relationship.

Of course I have all the normal, joint bank, car, housing etc... But is this question asking for a document notirised to say we're common law.. I'm sorry if this has been asked before or I sound stupid.

In advance thank you for any replys and advice.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

ghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Heppster
SchnookoLoly,

I noticed that AK9 on the spreadsheet has a "Stage 2: Sponsor Approval to Dec Made" time of 566 days, and this may be messing with the average times. As this time should me much less! Can you please fix that for everyone?

Thanks!
Spreadsheet has been fixed for any more glitches. It was getting confused with the 2013/2014 days. Thanks for pointing that one out!
Old Jan 8th 2014, 6:35 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ghunter
Spreadsheet has been fixed for any more glitches. It was getting confused with the 2013/2014 days. Thanks for pointing that one out!
Ah the joys of trying to get the dates exactly right.

Heppster, thanks for pointing it out!
Old Jan 8th 2014, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Krisandbecky
Hi, kinda new to the forum, I've been browsing the thread for a while and finally just verified my email so I can post.
So myself (UK citizen), and my fiancé (Canadian), so common law parter, will be applying for PR on the 25th of January (as that will be our 'one year continuously living together'). We have been gathering everything we need and putting it together over the past 2-3 months, just to try and be extremely organised with the process. As time nears I'm starting to question a few things, including the one below.... What did everyone include for this?

7 IDENTITY AND CIVIL STATUS DOCUMENTS
Provide national identity cards, birth certificates, baptismal certificates or other official document confirming relationship for you and each of your family members.
If you are married, you must include a marriage certificate. If you are now divorced, you must include final divorce certificates; if separated, a separation certificate. If your marriage was annuled, include a copy of the annulment. If your former spouse or common-law partner is deceased, you must include your spouse’s or partner’s death certificate. Photocopy of Citizenship Certificate or Immigrant or Permanent Resident Visa for any family members who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
If you are in a common-law or conjugal relationship, provide proof of that relationship.

Of course I have all the normal, joint bank, car, housing etc... But is this question asking for a document notirised to say we're common law.. I'm sorry if this has been asked before or I sound stupid.

In advance thank you for any replys and advice.
Hey there. There is a common law declaration that is only required if your partner is also a co-sponsor, which doesn't apply in your case. Some common law applicants choose to include it anyway in support of their relationship evidence. We didn't, and I'm a PR now.

Also birth certs aren't needed. Just copies of the passport photo pages for you both.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 8:19 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Old Jan 8th 2014, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

tomashenko is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations! great news. It prompted me to check ECAS this morning as we are on a similar timeline. It has changed from in process to Decision Made and that they will soon contact me. Not sure what the decision is exactly but sounds optimistic!!!
Old Jan 8th 2014, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

tomashenko is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tomashenko
Congratulations! great news. It prompted me to check ECAS this morning as we are on a similar timeline. It has changed from in process to Decision Made and that they will soon contact me. Not sure what the decision is exactly but sounds optimistic!!!
Me again. Does anyone know what happens when you have the decision made on ECAS. Do they get in touch? by post? by email? I don't live in the address I was in when I first applied so that could be problematic if so (looking at your email Canuck 22)
Old Jan 8th 2014, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Orlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tomashenko
Great news!
Old Jan 9th 2014, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

Jamesdavid3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is their a In-Land thread? cant find one anywhere...

Category: Family
Visa Office: Vegreville (In-Land)
Application Submitted: December 30, 2013
Application Received: January 2, 2014
Open Work Permit: Submitted together with the Common Law application
Medical: Included with Police Checks.
Fee: Paid upfront

Please add me to the spread sheet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.