Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jun 18th 2014, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly

Noooooooooooo. No no no NO.
Are you sure its a "no"?
Old Jun 18th 2014, 6:48 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Becki567
Are you sure its a "no"?
Thought I'd really make it clear, just in case. :P
Old Jun 18th 2014, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Becki567
Both of my updates -- "In Process" and "Decision Made" happened on a Sunday. I am not sure if that is a coincidence or not?

There has been a definite slow down. Fingers crossed it picks up again soon.
I think it says on ECAS they usually do updates on a Tuesday? .. That is when mine went to DM when it did.

Originally Posted by derrykboyd
Just some info that may or may not be useful to people...

I received my COPR in just under 2 weeks (13 days), posted to Alberta.

I was expecting a conditional COPR but I got one without conditions. So they don't always seem to be applying the conditional COPR as per their own guidelines, I think there was at lease one other person on here who didn't get conditional PR when they should have.
The other person may be me. I was sure I was to be getting conditional PR. Me and my gf have evidence of a relationship going back for a few years, but only 1 year of actually living together. So maybe they take into account evidence of relationships before the common law status kicks in if it is solid?
Old Jun 18th 2014, 6:52 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burks
I think it says on ECAS they usually do updates on a Tuesday? .. That is when mine went to DM when it did.
At some point there was something going around that said ECAS updates on Tuesdays, but more recently that seems to be completely bollocks, so not much stock is put in the Tuesday theory anymore.

The other person may be me. I was sure I was to be getting conditional PR. Me and my gf have evidence of a relationship going back for a few years, but only 1 year of actually living together. So maybe they take into account evidence of relationships before the common law status kicks in if it is solid?
Not sure about this one. Technically it's supposed to be conditional PR if you have been "spouses" for 2 years or less... which means either married for less than 2, or common-law for less than 2. I suspect that more likely there is some unwritten case agent flexibility with that condition, though. (but I'm just guessing.)
Old Jun 18th 2014, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
At some point there was something going around that said ECAS updates on Tuesdays, but more recently that seems to be completely bollocks, so not much stock is put in the Tuesday theory anymore.

Not sure about this one. Technically it's supposed to be conditional PR if you have been "spouses" for 2 years or less... which means either married for less than 2, or common-law for less than 2. I suspect that more likely there is some unwritten case agent flexibility with that condition, though. (but I'm just guessing.)
It says the Tuesday thing on the ECAS page before the one where you log in, that's where I got it from. I used it as a way to stop me from obsessively looking every day (it may or may not have worked!)

Maybe CIC hasn't passed the memo around to every case agent about the conditional PR then.. some are still oblivious to it's concept.. wouldn't surprise me!
Old Jun 18th 2014, 7:08 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by burks
It says the Tuesday thing on the ECAS page before the one where you log in, that's where I got it from. I used it as a way to stop me from obsessively looking every day (it may or may not have worked!)
Ah I hadn't realised that. In any case, it's still bollocks. I wonder if they just put it there for placebo effect.

Maybe CIC hasn't passed the memo around to every case agent about the conditional PR then.. some are still oblivious to it's concept.. wouldn't surprise me!
Probably.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 11:32 am
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light

MY COPR JUST ARRIVED!!!

Off to the States tomorrow hopefully It was issued on 4th June if that needs to be updated on the spreadsheet.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

megarhandi is an unknown quantity at this point

We're getting ready to apply to extend my husband's stay as a visitor. I was reading over the application and I just have a question. There's a part on there that asks how long you want to stay and you have to provide dates. Does anyone know what we would put there? We obviously don't have dates because we want him to stay forever
Old Jun 18th 2014, 2:51 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jennellapea
MY COPR JUST ARRIVED!!!

Off to the States tomorrow hopefully It was issued on 4th June if that needs to be updated on the spreadsheet.
Woooo hooooo!!!!!!!

Old Jun 18th 2014, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

mrpsv is an unknown quantity at this point

hey everybody have a questions regarding my wife's name change... do we need to send a case specific email letting CIC know she has changed her surname to mine, as currently when checking my application, it has her maiden name?

thanks in advance
Old Jun 19th 2014, 2:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megarhandi
We're getting ready to apply to extend my husband's stay as a visitor. I was reading over the application and I just have a question. There's a part on there that asks how long you want to stay and you have to provide dates. Does anyone know what we would put there? We obviously don't have dates because we want him to stay forever
Are you a Canadian citizen or a PR? If the answer is Yes then provide them with proof and contact them stating you have a spousal sponsorship application pending. Usually asking for 12 months is sufficient.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 2:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrpsv
hey everybody have a questions regarding my wife's name change... do we need to send a case specific email letting CIC know she has changed her surname to mine, as currently when checking my application, it has her maiden name?

thanks in advance
I have changed my surname or family name recently. What name should I use to access CAS?

You can access CAS using the surname or family name on your submitted application.

If your name changed during the application process you must update CIC.

For in-Canada or online applications, use our online form.
If you applied outside of Canada, tell your visa office.
Once your name has been changed in your file, you will be able to access Client Application Status (CAS) using your new surname or family name.
I have changed my surname or family name recently. What name should I use to access CAS?
Old Jun 19th 2014, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

mrpsv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian

You can access CAS using the surname or family name on your submitted application.

If your name changed during the application process you must update CIC.

For in-Canada or online applications, use our online form.
If you applied outside of Canada, tell your visa office.
Once your name has been changed in your file, you will be able to access Client Application Status (CAS) using your new surname or family name.
thanks
Old Jun 19th 2014, 4:50 am
Just Joined

Krisandbecky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys so some extra Info was requested.

I received the email today (19th June).

Updated evidence of co-habitation. Please provide documents covering the period since the submission of your application such as joint tenancy agreement, joint bank accounts, joint utility bills etc

I want to highlight that they are asking for updated information, this is to prove that myself and my canadian fiancé are STILL living together and are remaining COMMONLAW. This isn't that their unhappy with previously submitted documents, just shows there cracking down and wanting people to prove they are keeping the commonlaw status valid. Just a heads up for people who are considering trips/living apart as that's recently been mentioned.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Krisandbecky
Hey guys so some extra Info was requested.

I received the email today (19th June).

Updated evidence of co-habitation. Please provide documents covering the period since the submission of your application such as joint tenancy agreement, joint bank accounts, joint utility bills etc

I want to highlight that they are asking for updated information, this is to prove that myself and my canadian fiancé are STILL living together and are remaining COMMONLAW. This isn't that their unhappy with previously submitted documents, just shows there cracking down and wanting people to prove they are keeping the commonlaw status valid. Just a heads up for people who are considering trips/living apart as that's recently been mentioned.
Great information to share. And hopefully people take notice. I updated the request on the spreadsheet. Please let us know once you've sent the information and we will add that information as well.

Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.