Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 23rd 2014, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

steveb88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hi guys

Mississauga received my application on the 4th April, for an outland common-law sponsorship via London, if you want to add these details onto your spreadsheet? I will keep you updated on any changes to my application, which I hope is sooner rather than later!

Cheers,
steveb88
Old May 23rd 2014, 2:10 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveb88
Hi guys

Mississauga received my application on the 4th April, for an outland common-law sponsorship via London, if you want to add these details onto your spreadsheet? I will keep you updated on any changes to my application, which I hope is sooner rather than later!

Cheers,
steveb88
Welcome!!

Brill - I've added you in!! Love having more entries in there. Do keep us updated!
Old May 23rd 2014, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

AtlanticMoose is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Since everyone else is on the spreadsheet I figured I might as well add mine too! CPC received our spouse application on April 20th.

Hopefully won't be much longer till they work on ours, website was updated and it says they are working on apps received on April 4th.
Old May 23rd 2014, 2:38 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AtlanticMoose
Since everyone else is on the spreadsheet I figured I might as well add mine too! CPC received our spouse application on April 20th.

Hopefully won't be much longer till they work on ours, website was updated and it says they are working on apps received on April 4th.
YAY!!! I love having more data!!! /nerd

Added!

Married, right?
Old May 23rd 2014, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

AtlanticMoose is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep! Been married since 2013!

And I'm very thankful you guys are here since this entire process has been nerve wracking and distressing and it's only really just started arghh!
Old May 23rd 2014, 2:54 pm
Concierge

And I'm very thankful you guys are here since this entire process has been nerve wracking and distressing and it's only really just started arghh!

Hehe we are happy to help, and I'm always happy to have more data in the spreadsheet! At least you know you aren't alone in it and tons of others are also waiting to hear, so really just a question of keeping fingers crossed!
Old May 23rd 2014, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

madeinbrom is a splendid one to beholdmadeinbrom is a splendid one to beholdmadeinbrom is a splendid one to beholdmadeinbrom is a splendid one to beholdmadeinbrom is a splendid one to beholdmadeinbrom is a splendid one to beholdmadeinbrom is a splendid one to beholdmadeinbrom is a splendid one to beholdmadeinbrom is a splendid one to beholdmadeinbrom is a splendid one to beholdmadeinbrom is a splendid one to behold

Hello everyone

Just checked on the website and our application status has been changed to 'decision made'.

"2. We started processing xxxx xxxxx's application on May 6, 2014.

3. Medical results have been received.

4. A decision has been made on xxxx xxxxx's application. The office will contact xxxx xxxxx concerning this decision".

I am a bit worried about the second sentence on 4. Is this normal to say the office will contact us concerning the decision?

Thanks
Old May 23rd 2014, 3:09 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by madeinbrom
Hello everyone

Just checked on the website and our application status has been changed to 'decision made'.

4. A decision has been made on xxxx xxxxx's application. The office will contact xxxx xxxxx concerning this decision".

I am a bit worried about the second sentence on 4. Is this normal to say the office will contact us concerning the decision?

Thanks
Completely normal. Standard wording. Don't freak out, it's absolutely fine.

CONGRATS!!!

I notice you are not on the spreadsheet - can I add you please?
Old May 23rd 2014, 3:18 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madeinbrom
Hello everyone

Thanks
Welcome to BE!

Old May 23rd 2014, 3:19 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE!

Old May 23rd 2014, 3:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by steveb88
Hi guys

Cheers,
steveb88
Welcome to BE!

Old May 23rd 2014, 3:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by doctore
Quick question: we finally sent off my outland PR application (spousal sponsorship - married) and Canada Post delivered it to CIC on May 7th. However, we have not had any confirmation of it being received. Is that normal for stage 1 or should I start worrying? Thanks!
Welcome to BE!

You won't hear anything until you get 1st stage approval - about 4-5 weeks from when CIC received it.

Old May 23rd 2014, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

derrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud of

The little flurry of activity game me renewed hope that something had happened with my application, and sure enough, when I checked this morning it was updated to Decision Made

Not sure if it made a difference, but earlier this week I sent a case specific inquiry to try and get confirmation that they received the RCMP certificate I posted, I didn't want them to think I hadn't sent it if it never reached them. So maybe that got someone to look at my application again, could be coincidence though...
Old May 23rd 2014, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

derrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud of

On another note, I have a friend (who I knew from Glasgow and now randomly works in the same Edmonton office as me, crazy story) who will be sponsoring his fiance.

They want to submit the application as married after their wedding (at the end of June), what I wanted to find out for them if anyone knows...

Is it OK for her to do medicals and obtain police checks before the wedding and have everything pretty much ready to send as soon after the wedding as possible? They want to give them as much processing time as possible before her second IEC visa expires (they want to give themselves over a year because of the recently increased processing times on the website)
Old May 23rd 2014, 5:51 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by derrykboyd
The little flurry of activity game me renewed hope that something had happened with my application, and sure enough, when I checked this morning it was updated to Decision Made

Not sure if it made a difference, but earlier this week I sent a case specific inquiry to try and get confirmation that they received the RCMP certificate I posted, I didn't want them to think I hadn't sent it if it never reached them. So maybe that got someone to look at my application again, could be coincidence though...
Congrats!! Yes, I often suggest sending a case specific enquiry asking if there is any other documentation or information they require in order to finalise the file - and it 'usually' means getting a response of 'decision made' within a week or two. Only works if they are near to finalising though, lol.

Originally Posted by derrykboyd
On another note, I have a friend (who I knew from Glasgow and now randomly works in the same Edmonton office as me, crazy story) who will be sponsoring his fiance.

They want to submit the application as married after their wedding (at the end of June), what I wanted to find out for them if anyone knows...

Is it OK for her to do medicals and obtain police checks before the wedding and have everything pretty much ready to send as soon after the wedding as possible? They want to give them as much processing time as possible before her second IEC visa expires (they want to give themselves over a year because of the recently increased processing times on the website)
They can get everything ready to send off including having the medical / police checks (though don't forget they will need to include details of the wedding itself, photos etc too). They 'should' include a copy of the registered marriage certificate but many people have sent it in with just the document issued at the time of marriage and put a note to say they are waiting for the certificate (in Ontario it takes about 6-8 weeks - not sure of other places) and will forward a copy on receipt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.