Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 23rd 2014, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

derrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud of
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Congrats!! Yes, I often suggest sending a case specific enquiry asking if there is any other documentation or information they require in order to finalise the file - and it 'usually' means getting a response of 'decision made' within a week or two. Only works if they are near to finalising though, lol.

They can get everything ready to send off including having the medical / police checks (though don't forget they will need to include details of the wedding itself, photos etc too). They 'should' include a copy of the registered marriage certificate but many people have sent it in with just the document issued at the time of marriage and put a note to say they are waiting for the certificate (in Ontario it takes about 6-8 weeks - not sure of other places) and will forward a copy on receipt.

That's good news! Thank You!
Old May 23rd 2014, 5:58 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

+1 to what Siouxie wrote, she beat me to it! I've updated you on the spreadsheet. Congrats!
Old May 23rd 2014, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

derrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud of

To anyone who updates the spreadsheet...

I was checking out the averages and spotted a mistake in the 2014 sheet. The phase 1 formulas are pulling data from column I,J & K instead of just I

so AVERAGE I1:K42
should read Average I1:I42

Same for max, min, and median. Just a little thing, but worth pointing out to make sure we get the correct figures
Old May 24th 2014, 3:08 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derrykboyd
To anyone who updates the spreadsheet...

I was checking out the averages and spotted a mistake in the 2014 sheet. The phase 1 formulas are pulling data from column I,J & K instead of just I

so AVERAGE I1:K42
should read Average I1:I42

Same for max, min, and median. Just a little thing, but worth pointing out to make sure we get the correct figures
Awesome! Thanks for pointing that out! I didn't see it as there's only one Phase 2 completed, so the blank cells weren't throwing it off, but I've updated it now so it's all looking good!

Great spot, cheers!!
Old May 24th 2014, 4:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Awesome! Thanks for pointing that out! I didn't see it as there's only one Phase 2 completed, so the blank cells weren't throwing it off, but I've updated it now so it's all looking good!

Great spot, cheers!!
No Problem! I only noticed because I was looking at the slowest application and it didn't match up.

It also needs changed for the number of people passed stage 1, should be 26 not 28
Old May 24th 2014, 12:59 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by derrykboyd
No Problem! I only noticed because I was looking at the slowest application and it didn't match up.

It also needs changed for the number of people passed stage 1, should be 26 not 28
No idea how there were so many errors! I am ashamed! :P Fixed now!
Old May 24th 2014, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

First one was probably my fault. When that guy posted on the other site, I went to enter and there were no formulas already in the cells so I copied and pasted from 2013 worksheet. So sorry for buggering something up
Old May 24th 2014, 1:08 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Becki567
First one was probably my fault. When that guy posted on the other site, I went to enter and there were no formulas already in the cells so I copied and pasted from 2013 worksheet. So sorry for buggering something up
No formulas?? How odd... no idea how that happened. Exceptionally strange!!
Old May 24th 2014, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

OttawaBound is an unknown quantity at this point

My PRR came through today. To say the least, I am delighted. Please update the spreadsheet.

I am getting married to my delightful Canadian girlfriend in Ottawa in August. 2014 is my year!

Many thanks
David
Old May 25th 2014, 2:57 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OttawaBound
My PRR came through today. To say the least, I am delighted. Please update the spreadsheet.

I am getting married to my delightful Canadian girlfriend in Ottawa in August. 2014 is my year!

Many thanks
David
Congratulations both on your PPR and your upcoming nuptuals!

Old May 25th 2014, 12:37 pm
Concierge

Many thanks
David
Congrats! You're all updated!

Good luck for your upcoming wedding - and all the best with your move!
Old May 25th 2014, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

OttawaBound is an unknown quantity at this point

Some quick additions to my receipt of the PRR. The first is that the application website still says 'Application Received', so my close monitoring of it over many months has been a waste of time, albeit that I enjoyed the suspense each time I logged in. The second is that I did disclose health issues in my application. Nothing that bothers me at the moment, but might in time. I am pleased that that never became an issue or even the cause of further questioning or tests. The third thing is that I requested an update on my application less than 2 weeks ago on the basis that my medical would expire in July. Getting my PRR so quickly afterwards might be a coincidence, but then again .....
Old May 26th 2014, 12:22 pm
Concierge

Congrats again! Obviously this is just my opinion, so might not be accurate, but my thoughts on your points:

Some quick additions to my receipt of the PRR. The first is that the application website still says 'Application Received', so my close monitoring of it over many months has been a waste of time, albeit that I enjoyed the suspense each time I logged in.
And this is exactly why we always say that ECAS is unreliable. If it updates to show a particular status then you can assume that status is legitimate/current... buf it it hasn't updated, it doesn't really mean that your application hasn't been processed. It just means someone from CIC hasn't logged in to update it... and as you saw, that was clearly the case! (In my case, ECAS only changed to Decision Made four days *after* COPR arrived in the post!)

The second is that I did disclose health issues in my application. Nothing that bothers me at the moment, but might in time. I am pleased that that never became an issue or even the cause of further questioning or tests.
Family class applicants can't be refused on medical grounds anyway, unless it's something that is going to be a risk to public health (which is why you're screened for things like TB and such). The "excessive demand" clause doesn't apply to the family class. Glad it's nothing too big anyway!

The third thing is that I requested an update on my application less than 2 weeks ago on the basis that my medical would expire in July. Getting my PRR so quickly afterwards might be a coincidence, but then again .....
This has been known to "jump-start" applications, though yours was right around the average processing time anyway so I wouldn't read too much into it, but it's possible it may have!!

All the best!
Old May 27th 2014, 1:26 am
Just Joined

Ginganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone out there know much about what to do when your application gets lost? my application was received in CPCM on feb 20th and I still havent heard a thing. many many phone calls and emails later they are still saying they cannot find it. It was delivered successfully as it was tracked and signed for. Now its looking like i'll have to start over with a whole new application. My medical was electronically sent in feb so im hoping i dont have to re-send that especially since my medical centre say they cant print me off a second hard copy and all my fees were paid upfront even thought they say they have no record of payment...yet I have it on my bank statement. Im just worried about the validity of the medical and my police check (issued in jan - I got two copies back then) if I resend it all now given the length of time to process the whole thing asive lost so much time on it already. Any tips/advice welcome!!
Old May 27th 2014, 2:33 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Ginganinja
Anyone out there know much about what to do when your application gets lost? my application was received in CPCM on feb 20th and I still havent heard a thing. many many phone calls and emails later they are still saying they cannot find it. It was delivered successfully as it was tracked and signed for. Now its looking like i'll have to start over with a whole new application. My medical was electronically sent in feb so im hoping i dont have to re-send that especially since my medical centre say they cant print me off a second hard copy and all my fees were paid upfront even thought they say they have no record of payment...yet I have it on my bank statement. Im just worried about the validity of the medical and my police check (issued in jan - I got two copies back then) if I resend it all now given the length of time to process the whole thing asive lost so much time on it already. Any tips/advice welcome!!
Today is the day of bad news on the board apparently!

This is terrible that they haven't been able to track it down despite you chasing it up continuously. The only othr suggestion I can give would be to get your MP involved, or if you aren't in Canada then a family member's MP. They often carry a bit more weight and have some access to other channels that we the peasants can't access. So give that a shot.

Otherwise it may mean that you need to reapply... I would be very curious to hear input from other members on what to do about the medical and fees, though. The medical should still be fine and should still match up when you reapply, but the fees could be a problem... Do you have it in writing at all that your application has been lost? You may be able to go back to Visa with that and have them file a dispute on your behalf - you paid for a service that has not been delivered... so you may be able to recover the fees that way?

Curious for others to weigh in on this one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.