Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 27th 2014, 3:43 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Ginganinja
Anyone out there know much about what to do when your application gets lost? my application was received in CPCM on feb 20th and I still havent heard a thing. many many phone calls and emails later they are still saying they cannot find it. It was delivered successfully as it was tracked and signed for. Now its looking like i'll have to start over with a whole new application. My medical was electronically sent in feb so im hoping i dont have to re-send that especially since my medical centre say they cant print me off a second hard copy and all my fees were paid upfront even thought they say they have no record of payment...yet I have it on my bank statement. Im just worried about the validity of the medical and my police check (issued in jan - I got two copies back then) if I resend it all now given the length of time to process the whole thing asive lost so much time on it already. Any tips/advice welcome!!
In addition to what SchnookoLoly said above, could I suggest you contact the Minister for Immigration office and in addition, the head honcho dealing with Immigration in London (if it has been sent to London - or do you think it's lost in Mississauga?)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm.../alexander.asp

http://w03.international.gc.ca/cra-r...ang=eng&MID=36

London CIC lost my sons part (dependent) of my application for more than 2 years. It took a phone call from the Minister for Immigrations' office to miraculously find it again.

Send a copy of the tracking information together with a copy (if you have one) of the signature page acknowledging receipt.

They have a duty of care - it was delivered there, they took the fees (show proof of that too) and you should receive the service you have paid for.

Last edited by Siouxie; May 27th 2014 at 3:46 am.
Old May 27th 2014, 4:58 am
Just Joined

Ginganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys I shall try with your suggestions and keep you updated. It was definitely lost in mississauga as I even double checked with London in case it had somehow slipped through the net. Ill try going through the MP/minister of immigration route next I think.. Thanks for the suggestions and I'll let you know how it goes!
Old May 27th 2014, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Mary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

Looking at how much the timeline has slowed down, I'm thinking I may not hear about my November application until end of July/Aug now. We were hoping to move at the end of July or early Aug so the kids could settle in and be ready to start a new school year in Sept. I realise we could still go in Aug, even if we haven't yet heard, and I would enter under dual intent, visitor visa, - I would then need to change my address with CIC, from Uk address to Canadian address, but what would happen with my email address, as they communicate with us through that (@btinternet.com) ? Can I take it with me and will it still work abroad ? Do you just take the same laptop you had in the UK too ? Do I still buy a one way ticket if I'm on a visitor visa ?
Old May 27th 2014, 12:34 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Hehehe. First bit of advice: bbbrrreeeaaattthhheee.

Answering in chunks...

Originally Posted by Mary louise
Hi guys,

Looking at how much the timeline has slowed down, I'm thinking I may not hear about my November application until end of July/Aug now.
Things often slow down around this time - the FSW streams opened up on 1 May, so it's not surprising that this area has taken a hit - it also happens in January when IEC opens. So things slow down and then a flurry comes through. As of right now applications are taking around 6-7 months. You've just hit six. So you can probably sit tight another month or so and see how things go. The majority of the September applicants just came through in a flurry about 2-3 weeks ago. So if there's another surge soon for October, then you hopefully aren't too far behind.

We were hoping to move at the end of July or early Aug so the kids could settle in and be ready to start a new school year in Sept. I realise we could still go in Aug, even if we haven't yet heard, and I would enter under dual intent, visitor visa,
This makes sense, and I would still do this as your plan. Early August would give your kids a month around new parts to get settled, for you guys to get set up with things, etc. You can enter under dual intent, and at that point if you still haven't received COPR, it shouldn't be far off at all. So I'd say crack on with a plan to move around early August.

I would then need to change my address with CIC, from Uk address to Canadian address,
Yes, this is correct.

but what would happen with my email address, as they communicate with us through that (@btinternet.com) ? Can I take it with me and will it still work abroad ?
Eeee this is harder. Honestly, you may have to leave BT up and running in order to keep the email address. Which is frustrating. However, I just had a quick google and found this link - http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13140 - if you are still actively using the email account then you might be fine. I would suggest opening up a new email account (recommendation for gmail!) and then letting CIC know that since you've moved, your email account has changed and give them the new address. However, keep using your btinternet account to keep it active, just in case CIC doesn't connect the dots (it wouldn't be the strangest thing!). Once you have COPR all done then you can ditch your btinternet account, but in the meantime, just manage two.

Do you just take the same laptop you had in the UK too ?
Yes, your laptop will work fine in Canada. Laptop power adapters come wired to deal with both voltage systems, so just use a plug converter and you're good to go.

Do I still buy a one way ticket if I'm on a visitor visa ?
This *should* be fine. The airline shouldn't give you a problem about it. However, if you're worried, book a return trip and just don't use the return. (This might actually be cheaper anyway.)

Hopefully that helps - remember to just stay calm and post back if you have more questions.
Old May 27th 2014, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Queen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say that my husband landed a few days ago at Pearson airport, and it was a really fast and easy process. They didn't ask him anything. His flight arrived late at night though, so he couldn't get his SIN card there cause that portion of the office closed at 9. But he was able to get it the next day at an office downtown.

This board is such an incredibly useful resource, and I don't know how anyone survives the anxiety and moments of confusion without it! Thank you to everyone who contributes
Old May 27th 2014, 2:59 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Queen_E
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say that my husband landed a few days ago at Pearson airport, and it was a really fast and easy process. They didn't ask him anything. His flight arrived late at night though, so he couldn't get his SIN card there cause that portion of the office closed at 9. But he was able to get it the next day at an office downtown.

This board is such an incredibly useful resource, and I don't know how anyone survives the anxiety and moments of confusion without it! Thank you to everyone who contributes
That's awesome! Glad it all went smoothly. Best way!

Thanks for your contributions as well, great to have you around, and good luck with this adventure!
Old May 27th 2014, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

deanp89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Can anyone help me out with something i am concerned about.

My application was received in Missisauga on the 3rd December.
Sponsor approval was on the 8th January.
Request for extra information approx 2-3rd March

I have just been looking at the spreadsheet and compared it to my own dates and I have noticed that there is a section saying 'IN PROCESS ON ECAS'. Mine just says application received. When I go into the section to do with permanent residence it basically look like this.

1. We received deanp89s application for permanent residence on December 3 2013.

2. Medical results have been received.

is this normal or should i be concerned? the application has taken nearly 7 months now.
Old May 27th 2014, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Mary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Hehehe. First bit of advice: bbbrrreeeaaattthhheee.

Hopefully that helps - remember to just stay calm and post back if you have more questions.
Thanks SchnookoLoly, have saved that link from BT. I'll do that - what is gmail ? Is that a 'one size fits all countries' email ? Keeping the old email open for £1.60 a month until it's all done and dusted seems like a good idea too.

Am now breathing normally again....
Old May 27th 2014, 5:35 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Mary louise
Thanks SchnookoLoly, have saved that link from BT. I'll do that - what is gmail ? Is that a 'one size fits all countries' email ? Keeping the old email open for £1.60 a month until it's all done and dusted seems like a good idea too.

Am now breathing normally again....
I'll send you a PM.

Originally Posted by deanp89
Hi, Can anyone help me out with something i am concerned about.

My application was received in Missisauga on the 3rd December.
Sponsor approval was on the 8th January.
Request for extra information approx 2-3rd March

I have just been looking at the spreadsheet and compared it to my own dates and I have noticed that there is a section saying 'IN PROCESS ON ECAS'. Mine just says application received. When I go into the section to do with permanent residence it basically look like this.

1. We received deanp89s application for permanent residence on December 3 2013.

2. Medical results have been received.

is this normal or should i be concerned? the application has taken nearly 7 months now.
Totally normal. ECAS often doesn't update until AFTER everything is done, the "In Process" column is just there for information, and as you can see flipping back, not everyone goes to In Process. Many just go straight from "application received" to "Decision Made". In some cases, mine included, ECAS stayed as "application received" for a few days AFTER COPR arrived in the post. So don't worry about it.
Old May 28th 2014, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

nicolasta is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband (the Canadian) sent a case specific e-mail, with a scanned letter from my hospital letting them know I cannot travel between July and November due to pregnancy so may need a medical extension (medical expires in November). It will be interesting to see if this makes any difference, although in fairness I am still within average processing timelines when you take the slowdown into account
Old May 28th 2014, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

evelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond repute

Just rang CIC to see where they were at we our application. It's now been 2 months since they confirmed they had received it and it sounds like it has not even been looked at She said she escalated our file and to give it another good full month before ringing back... Was hoping to go in August and just wait for part 2 but now we might have to have a rethink.
Old May 28th 2014, 2:16 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by evelyned
Just rang CIC to see where they were at we our application. It's now been 2 months since they confirmed they had received it and it sounds like it has not even been looked at She said she escalated our file and to give it another good full month before ringing back... Was hoping to go in August and just wait for part 2 but now we might have to have a rethink.
This isn't quite right.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/inFORMa...es/perm-fc.asp

The website says they are processing applications received on 4 April, yours was received a week before that. I'd be calling once a week. Call again on Monday and see, and call every Monday until you hear something.

(At least that's just my 2p on the matter!)
Old May 28th 2014, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

evelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
This isn't quite right.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/inFORMa...es/perm-fc.asp

The website says they are processing applications received on 4 April, yours was received a week before that. I'd be calling once a week. Call again on Monday and see, and call every Monday until you hear something.

(At least that's just my 2p on the matter!)
She actually sounded surprised on the phone that we hadn't heard and apologized for the delay. Will keep ringing!
Old May 28th 2014, 2:36 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by evelyned
She actually sounded surprised on the phone that we hadn't heard and apologized for the delay. Will keep ringing!
Yep, don't let it slide - you should have heard back by now. Good luck!
Old May 29th 2014, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

steveb88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,
We got sponsor approval today, which was a huge relief. Now it's the dreaded long wait from London! Actually received two separate e-mails today, the first was confirmation that Mississauga had received our application, then 3 hours later we got sponsor approval. Hope others hear from CIC soon!

steveb88

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.