Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 30th 2014, 6:41 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

smithyutd, just nipping in to +1 on Siouxie's post. Everything she's said is what you have to provide - and it may mean you provide duplicates of some of the stuff you've already provided. Don't give up hope, just try to get as much documentation as you can together, even things that you think are tenuous can help.

And ignore the guy on the phone, the CIC mis-information line is notoriously awful.
Old May 30th 2014, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, I have a question.

So when the hubby was on his IEC he had a SIN starting with a 9 cause it was temporary. Now that he is a PR his SIN starts with a 6 cause its permanent.

When we go to file taxes does he file under each, or just one of them?

The reason I am wondering a bit early is I had to provide his SIN for my student loan. But I received a call from their office saying that SIN showed no income but we had reported income. I had reported income he has made for the year but under a different SIN, so I provided them with the old one as well so they could verify income.
Old May 30th 2014, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Cosy girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi smithyutd,

My partner and I got a similar letter a couple months back. We felt we had provided the absolute best evidence of our common law as possible (have been living together for 4 years), so it sent us into a panic, with quite a few tears, when they said they needed more . it comes as an emotional blow when someone questions the legitimacy of what you know to be an uber committed loving realtionship. We dug up what else we could and have sent it in and just hope that common sense prevails. We still are in shock though and a wee bit terrified. I am sorry I don't have the same advice as others, but just wanted to let you know that I know how you are feeling and I know how hard it is... Well other than the North Korea thing. That is just absurd. Hang in there.

Last edited by Cosy girl; May 30th 2014 at 2:44 pm.
Old May 30th 2014, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Becki567

So when the hubby was on his IEC he had a SIN starting with a 9 cause it was temporary. Now that he is a PR his SIN starts with a 6 cause its permanent.

The reason I am wondering a bit early is I had to provide his SIN for my student loan. But I received a call from their office saying that SIN showed no income but we had reported income. I had reported income he has made for the year but under a different SIN, so I provided them with the old one as well so they could verify income.
Realize now this question doesn't go here. Sorry almost a year of posting in the same thread I got confused and its too late for me to delete it. Maybe an admin could?
Old May 30th 2014, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

ghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud of

My partner tried to e-file using his new SIN number a few months after landing , and it was rejected. He also tried his old SIN that started with a 9. This didn't work either. He talked to revenue canada and they said that if he files by paper, it doesn't matter if he uses his new or old SIN, as they are linked. He submitted by paper using his old SIN. He got his return fine. Hopefully that was what you were looking for!
Old May 31st 2014, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ghunter
My partner tried to e-file using his new SIN number a few months after landing , and it was rejected. He also tried his old SIN that started with a 9. This didn't work either. He talked to revenue canada and they said that if he files by paper, it doesn't matter if he uses his new or old SIN, as they are linked. He submitted by paper using his old SIN. He got his return fine. Hopefully that was what you were looking for!
Thank, so does he just have to paper file for the first time only or from now on? E-filing is so much easier because we just use a tax program on the computer and it tells you right away the refund
Old May 31st 2014, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

ghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud of

Thank, so does he just have to paper file for the first time only or from now on? E-filing is so much easier because we just use a tax program on the computer and it tells you right away the refund
Just for this year as far as I know! It took a bit longer to get a refund obviously, but I am pretty sure it's only for the year that you landed.
Old May 31st 2014, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

prairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been on here for a bit, but just got a little bit excited - I see that the first 2014 application on the spreadsheet has received COPR! And that there are far fewer white lines left on the 2013 one from when I last looked.

No update from me yet though.

Question - we have sold our house and have to be out by 27th June. We are then going to be moving about, for 5 weeks after that, before we fly out to Canada in early August. So we're not going to be in one place - we'll be housesitting for friends, visiting other friends, and visiting family. Obviously I will need to tell CIC about a change of address, and it is possible that COPR could arrive during those weeks, but I'm not sure whether to give them a contact address that is close to where we will be (so we can check the post each day), or one of our parents' addresses, who are further away so would have to mail paperwork on to us.

What will we have to do with the COPR when it arrives?
Old May 31st 2014, 10:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prairiechicken
I haven't been on here for a bit, but just got a little bit excited - I see that the first 2014 application on the spreadsheet has received COPR! And that there are far fewer white lines left on the 2013 one from when I last looked.

Question - we have sold our house and have to be out by 27th June. We are then going to be moving about, for 5 weeks after that, before we fly out to Canada in early August. So we're not going to be in one place - we'll be housesitting for friends, visiting other friends, and visiting family. Obviously I will need to tell CIC about a change of address, and it is possible that COPR could arrive during those weeks, but I'm not sure whether to give them a contact address that is close to where we will be (so we can check the post each day), or one of our parents' addresses, who are further away so would have to mail paperwork on to us.

Check the COPR for accuracy i.e. names and dates of birth correct etc. Check the expiry date as you will only have a certain amount of time to land in Canada. Have your goods to follow list prepared 2 x copies and thats basically it. Present both when you land in Canada.
Old Jun 1st 2014, 5:05 am
Just Joined

deanp89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by prairiechicken

Im one of the ones who applied in 2013 and still have not received anything just yet.
Old Jun 1st 2014, 5:34 am
Just Joined

boaly100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just checked Ecas and it says Decision Made! I am one happy chappy, I have been in Can for the last 3 months as a visitor and the not working was killing me. Just. Have to say that wait is a killer and I am glad that I no longer have to do that ritual check of Ecas and this Forum every morning to see if there is movement. I just hope that all you guys still waiting that it ends soon, and this forum has been has been a great source of advice.
Its just a case of waiting for paperwork and do the landing.
Old Jun 1st 2014, 7:09 am
Just Joined

OttawaBound is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefully someone can help me with a PRR detail.

My kids were on my application, but they are not going to Canada with me. I received my COPR a little while ago, but they haven't received anything.

Should they have received a COPR at this stage, or do they get it when I actually enter Canada with mine? Or is there some other arrangement?

Many thanks
Old Jun 1st 2014, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by boaly100
Just checked Ecas and it says Decision Made! I am one happy chappy, I have been in Can for the last 3 months as a visitor and the not working was killing me. Just. Have to say that wait is a killer and I am glad that I no longer have to do that ritual check of Ecas and this Forum every morning to see if there is movement. I just hope that all you guys still waiting that it ends soon, and this forum has been has been a great source of advice.
Its just a case of waiting for paperwork and do the landing.
Updated on the spreadsheet, congratulations!
Old Jun 1st 2014, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

prairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deanp89
Im one of the ones who applied in 2013 and still have not received anything just yet.
Hopefully not too much longer for you
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 12:18 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OttawaBound
Hopefully someone can help me with a PRR detail.

My kids were on my application, but they are not going to Canada with me. I received my COPR a little while ago, but they haven't received anything.

Should they have received a COPR at this stage, or do they get it when I actually enter Canada with mine? Or is there some other arrangement?

Many thanks
I'm not certain if they're meant to receive their own, or if they're covered under yours... hopefully someone who has landed with kids can confirm. I'd suggest making a new thread for more visibility.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.