Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Sep 10th 2014, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

psynergy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

OK so I called CIC today and they told me a few things:

1. That they emailed us on the 4th of July, the day after my package arrived, to say that our application was being processed. We never received this email

2. The first stage of the application can take over 13 months to go through, so just because people who applied after us have progressed doesn't mean we won't

I then got my Client ID and application number (because I swear to god, trying to call CIC without the client ID is impossible).

I just now checked on ECAS using the Client ID. Apparently a decision has already been made on my permanent residence application. I'm now worried because nothing from what I've seen make sense. We're applying for sponsorship, not PR, and doesn't a decision being made already mean they've said no? Also, how do they let you know? e-mail? letter?
Old Sep 10th 2014, 8:58 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Err, are you certain it said decision made on Stage 2? It will also say "decision made" for Stage 1... make sure you are clicking in the right 'section'...?
Old Sep 10th 2014, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

the 'section' is literally just 'Permanent Residence Application(s)'
Old Sep 10th 2014, 9:01 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Can you do a screenshot with names etc blacked out?
Old Sep 10th 2014, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Done

imgur: the simple image sharer
Old Sep 10th 2014, 9:21 am
Concierge

I am so confused.

Someone else, help??
Old Sep 10th 2014, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Oh good, not just me then
Old Sep 10th 2014, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a heads up for timeline purposes I was going by my signed delivery by Canadian post, should I wait for an email letter from CPC Mississauga? As I can't check ECAS without my Client ID/app number.
Cheers troops
Old Sep 10th 2014, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Cosy girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,
We applied in January and since then whenever we log in to check our status online it has always just said 1. Application received and 2. Medical received. Today when we logged in it also said 3 We started processing your application on sept 4

Should we allow ourselves to get a wee bit excited that a decision will be made soon or is this totally insignificant? They had asked for further information in March/April which we provided so we thought the processing might have began then... Sorry, I am rambling, this is such a crazy process....
Old Sep 10th 2014, 1:22 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Cosy girl
Hello all,
We applied in January and since then whenever we log in to check our status online it has always just said 1. Application received and 2. Medical received. Today when we logged in it also said 3 We started processing your application on sept 4

Should we allow ourselves to get a wee bit excited that a decision will be made soon or is this totally insignificant? They had asked for further information in March/April which we provided so we thought the processing might have began then... Sorry, I am rambling, this is such a crazy process....
Excellent news! In Process is certainly a good sign. Have a look at the spreadsheet and compare In Process dates to Decision Made dates... some are as quick as a few days, some are a few weeks... but progress is progress! Based on timelines you certainly are roughly due to hear, given it's been 8 months...!
Old Sep 10th 2014, 4:18 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psynergy
What does it say when you click the link (where it says 'decision made') ?
Old Sep 10th 2014, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
What does it say when you click the link (where it says 'decision made') ?
The second picture is what i see when I click decision made
Old Sep 10th 2014, 4:49 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

The second picture is what i see when I click decision made
Apologies, I didn't see the 2nd image.

I was presuming you applied inland (because you have mentioned 13 months for 1st stage approval) but then you wouldn't be posting on this thread. It could be that they have made a mistake and believe you are applying 'inland' though, (I have seen this a couple of times of late) - and the misinformation line are terrible for assuming and giving out incorrect information.

Your sponsorship application is part of the PR application. If you applied in July then it is probably the sponsorship part of the application that has had a decision made - it takes around 47 days presently. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...es/perm-fc.asp

Old Sep 10th 2014, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Apologies, I didn't see the 2nd image.

I was presuming you applied inland (because you have mentioned 13 months for 1st stage approval) but then you wouldn't be posting on this thread. It could be that they have made a mistake and believe you are applying 'inland' though, (I have seen this a couple of times of late) - and the misinformation line are terrible for assuming and giving out incorrect information.

Your sponsorship application is part of the PR application. If you applied in July then it is probably the sponsorship part of the application that has had a decision made - it takes around 47 days presently. Processing Times: Family Sponsorship

So what do I do now?
Old Sep 10th 2014, 5:34 pm
Banned

So what do I do now?
You don't need to do anything specific, you should receive a letter giving details of the decision made (also check your email), if it is the sponsorship approval then the rest of the application will be forwarded to London and you will keep on waiting until PR is approved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.