Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 18th 2014, 8:07 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by burks
The London office is responsible for the following:

PR Applications from: Channel Islands, Denmark, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Norway, Sweden, Scotland, United Kingdom

Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Yemen, for federal economic immigration only

Pakistan, for ALL economic immigration applications

Temporary Resident Applications (Includes visitors, students, temporary workers and permanent resident travel documents) from: Channel Islands, Denmark, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Norway, Scotland, Sweden, United Kingdom

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ons/london.asp

Just noticed, it's interesting how they list Scotland and United Kingdom huh?
Very interesting, thanks for posting that... skimming the thread that Becki posted though, it does look like some family class applications have been transferred... unless I read it wrong. (I just skimmed it as CV makes me go cross-eyed...)
Old Mar 18th 2014, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Becki567
GAH! That sucks.

I was dealing with my MLA and MP office to try and sort out a driver's license for my husband. He surrendered his when he got his work permit and with his permit soon expiring they would not renew it....
I had the same problem when my IEC expired. My BC driving license expired at the same time. Apparently the reason they would not allow me to renew was that I was only a visitor and had therefore had a status of 6 months or less in Canada.

However, after 6 months of not driving I got my license back upon extending my visitor staus. CIC gave me a 12 month extension, I could then take that visitor record to get my license back. The woman at the Service BC office was useless and refused to give it to me, but after I insisted she phoned Victoria for clarification I now have my license back!
Old Mar 18th 2014, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

apt2208 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Very interesting, thanks for posting that... skimming the thread that Becki posted though, it does look like some family class applications have been transferred... unless I read it wrong. (I just skimmed it as CV makes me go cross-eyed...)
I just hope they won't be sending applications from any other offices to London VO. There are other VOs with shorter processing times e.g. Warsaw, they should send them there!
Old Mar 18th 2014, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

I had the same problem when my IEC expired. My BC driving license expired at the same time. Apparently the reason they would not allow me to renew was that I was only a visitor and had therefore had a status of 6 months or less in Canada.

However, after 6 months of not driving I got my license back upon extending my visitor staus. CIC gave me a 12 month extension, I could then take that visitor record to get my license back. The woman at the Service BC office was useless and refused to give it to me, but after I insisted she phoned Victoria for clarification I now have my license back!
That's great! Did you request a 12 month visa? We are going to be submitting the application for visitor visa this week once I gather all the documents. How did you prove you had a PR application in process? Did you just provide file number?
Old Mar 18th 2014, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Nothing I said should come across as our file being transferred. Maybe I was unclear on something... What gave you that impression?
Old Mar 18th 2014, 8:42 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing I said should come across as our file being transferred. Maybe I was unclear on something... What gave you that impression?
I didn't say YOUR file had been transferred, I said that from the thread you posted, it looks like SOME PEOPLE who have applied through family class have had their files transferred.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

apt2208 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think SchnookoLoly meant me as in what I posted a little earlier
Old Mar 18th 2014, 8:45 pm
Concierge

I didn't mean anyone specifically, I just said that I skimmed the thread, and it looked like some people who had applied under family class to Islamabad had ahd their files transferred.

It was in response to the post from Burks that pointed out that economic class applications from Pakistan are processed in London.

I am not referring to anyone specifically.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by apt2208
I think SchnookoLoly meant me as in what I posted a little earlier
I am guessing so. LOL #confused
Old Mar 18th 2014, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

I just hope they won't be sending applications from any other offices to London VO. There are other VOs with shorter processing times e.g. Warsaw, they should send them there!
Brilliant idea!! I vote you for prime minister ;-)
Old Mar 18th 2014, 9:23 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Economic class applications from Pakistan etc., have been processed in London for a long time. This is nothing new - apart from some family applications from Islamabad being transferred to the UK.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 9:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

From what I could gather Islamabad is one but there maybe others.
Yep, as said above that's been the case for a long time, it's not a recent change.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 2:39 am
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

That's great! Did you request a 12 month visa? We are going to be submitting the application for visitor visa this week once I gather all the documents. How did you prove you had a PR application in process? Did you just provide file number?
I requested a 12 month visitor extension yup. To prove I had a PR application in process I sent printed out my ECAS webpage and also the ECAS webpage of my sponsor. I also sent the email/letter from Mississauga stating that my sponsor has been approved and the receipt to show we had paid the fees

It took a couple months for it to be processed by Vegreville, but I applied via mail.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Stewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond repute

Schnookololy: My application says delivered....do you want this date for the timesheet or wait till a receipt from CIC

Last edited by Stewart84; Mar 19th 2014 at 7:41 am. Reason: Can't spell
Old Mar 19th 2014, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Stewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond repute

The London office is responsible for the following:

PR Applications from: Channel Islands, Denmark, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Norway, Sweden, Scotland, United Kingdom

Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Yemen, for federal economic immigration only

Pakistan, for ALL economic immigration applications

Temporary Resident Applications (Includes visitors, students, temporary workers and permanent resident travel documents) from: Channel Islands, Denmark, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Norway, Scotland, Sweden, United Kingdom

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ons/london.asp

Just noticed, it's interesting how they list Scotland and United Kingdom huh?

Sidenote: current exchanged in Toronto list both GBP and Scottish Pounds and offer different exchanges, I have no idea why this could be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.