Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 18th 2014, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

apt2208 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Becki567
Canadian one. You can look it up here http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compi....aspx?Menu=HOC
Thank you Becki567. I'll give it a few more weeks before getting the MP involved.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 3:08 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by apt2208
Thank you Becki567. I'll give it a few more weeks before getting the MP involved.
Yep, I wouldn't rush to get the MP involved unless you're actually up against a deadline. (In Orly's case, his IEC had expired and he had been out of work for 4 weeks and his employer was starting to question whether or not he could hold the position. So his case was a bit more pressing.)

Unless you're actually on a tight deadline, or your timeline is well beyond the average, I would just wait to come through the process "normally".
Old Mar 18th 2014, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Yep, I wouldn't rush to get the MP involved unless you're actually up against a deadline. (In Orly's case, his IEC had expired and he had been out of work for 4 weeks and his employer was starting to question whether or not he could hold the position. So his case was a bit more pressing.)

Unless you're actually on a tight deadline, or your timeline is well beyond the average, I would just wait to come through the process "normally".
Thanks for the advice. I'll keep hoping for the end of April at the latest.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

Ralphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really nice

I wouldn't get too worked up over the 11 months thing. Don't forget, the time quoted on CIC's website is the amount of time it takes to process 80%

This is part of the reason the spreadsheet makes a lot of sense. The majority of people on it are applying with "straight-forward cases" - often no children, or children of the couple applying, often no divorces

So I wouldn't get too worked up over that. If CIC has received an influx of those type of more complex cases, then yes it makes sense that applications will be taking longer.

I'd say to go by the spreadsheet as the indicator of "straight-forward" application timelines. The 2014 approvals have been as fast as 68 days and as slow as 200ish days... with the average being just short of 6 months.
I was not a straightforward application - 30 years history from age 18 requested and it was not easy to recall ! Divorced with two children - one accompanying and one not ( both declared ) and as a teen I lived in Holland but couldn't recall dates or addresses ! I got my Decision Made in 220 days - I have not been called back to the UK for an interview and have not had any other correspondence for extra info since 9/2013 - after 12 months apart I joined my Canadian husband 7 weeks ago on a 12 month visitors permit with my accompanying son so life in this long queue has been a whole lot easier since we were re-united !
Don't feel disheartened by the new official timescale
Old Mar 18th 2014, 4:15 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ralphstars
I was not a straightforward application - 30 years history from age 18 requested and it was not easy to recall ! Divorced with two children - one accompanying and one not ( both declared ) and as a teen I lived in Holland but couldn't recall dates or addresses ! I got my Decision Made in 220 days - I have not been called back to the UK for an interview and have not had any other correspondence for extra info since 9/2013 - after 12 months apart I joined my Canadian husband 7 weeks ago on a 12 month visitors permit with my accompanying son so life in this long queue has been a whole lot easier since we were re-united !
That's quite interesting, thanks for sharing it all! You are a bit above the average but not horribly outside, and your case certainly has more "bits" in it than the average one.

Great info, thanks again.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ralphstars
Thanks Ralphstars, happy to hear you're re-united with your husband!
Old Mar 18th 2014, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Ralphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really nice

That's quite interesting, thanks for sharing it all! You are a bit above the average but not horribly outside, and your case certainly has more "bits" in it than the average one.

Great info, thanks again.
Thanks to folk like yourself and all the other volunteer advice-givers and spreadsheet updaters - I only got through this tormented stressful period because I had reassurance and advice on this ( and the other ) forum ! My application never went to In Process - so it's clear work does go on despite no ecas updates !
I won't feel totally at ease until the COPR arrives but I don't have any red flags so based on the theory that London has never rejected an application without an interview first I should be home and dry

I will post again when I get the COPR so others can see how long it takes to arrive and I will let everyone know how our trip to the States goes when we activate the Permanent Residency - I doubt we will flagpole as I still worry that an Administrative Refusal will come back to bite me in the future !

Once again THANKYOU
Old Mar 18th 2014, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Ralphstars, happy to hear you're re-united with your husband!
yes it was a tough time for us and I really feel for those of you who are going through it - I was lucky to be able to leave my job and stay as a visitor in Canada - I had a HUGE amount of help from individuals ( FL ) which enabled me to make the move ! I had been mis-informed about my son not being able to attend school in Alberta until the PR came through then wise and learned folk on here told me otherwise - I followed their advice and here we are ! Re-united and my son is happily settled in to school under our Visitors Permit after all !
Old Mar 18th 2014, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Just learnt from another forum that other VOs are transferring applications to the London VO for processing, so this is adding to the extended processing time
Old Mar 18th 2014, 7:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Just learnt from another forum that other VOs are transferring applications to the London VO for processing, so this is adding to the extended processing time
Which other visa offices?
Old Mar 18th 2014, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Which other visa offices?
From what I could gather Islamabad is one but there maybe others.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 7:58 am
Concierge

Usually this sort of stuff is posted in press releases or bulletin postings. Got a source?
Old Mar 18th 2014, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Usually this sort of stuff is posted in press releases or bulletin postings. Got a source?
Just saw it in a thread when I was snopping around on Canadavisa.com and also a poster on there stated their immigration lawyer mentioned it as well

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-imm...t171377.0.html
Old Mar 18th 2014, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

The London office is responsible for the following:

PR Applications from: Channel Islands, Denmark, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Norway, Sweden, Scotland, United Kingdom

Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Yemen, for federal economic immigration only

Pakistan, for ALL economic immigration applications

Temporary Resident Applications (Includes visitors, students, temporary workers and permanent resident travel documents) from: Channel Islands, Denmark, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Norway, Scotland, Sweden, United Kingdom

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ons/london.asp

Just noticed, it's interesting how they list Scotland and United Kingdom huh?
Old Mar 18th 2014, 8:05 am
Concierge

Looks like London is helping out with Islamabad, which doesn't surprise me THAT much, Islamabad's wait time is quoted at 32 months. However, I also know they are one of the countries with way higher instances of fraud, so it's not entirely surprising. (I think they also process applications for quite a few countries in the area.)

Hard to say if that's why London's has gone up but it may be related.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.