Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Dec 11th 2013, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by megarhandi
What conditions does the sponsor have to meet?
Read this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...-apply-who.asp
Old Dec 11th 2013, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

megarhandi is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya I did read that before I applied as a sponsor, I just panicked a bit. I don't have to meet any financial requirements to sponsor a spouse though, correct?
Old Dec 11th 2013, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Ya I did read that before I applied as a sponsor, I just panicked a bit. I don't have to meet any financial requirements to sponsor a spouse though, correct?
Read this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...5482Eguide.asp
Old Dec 11th 2013, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Ginger34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tomashenko
Hi all
Just to give (hopefully) a bit of hope to the other June submitters among you. I checked online today and status has changed from application received to 'in process' on 3rd Dec. I don't know exactly what this means but I think it implies that things are moving...
Also, one other thing we found out recently is that it seems you can get a bit more information by getting in touch with local MP's office.
I am going to Canada to join my family next week but kind of thinking something might happen Dec or early Jan.
Hi,

So I checked this morning and our status switched to 'In Process' as well, on the 2nd of December.

Feeling excited and anxious!!
Old Dec 11th 2013, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Orlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of light
Smile re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Ginger34
Hi,

So I checked this morning and our status switched to 'In Process' as well, on the 2nd of December.

Feeling excited and anxious!!
I'm with you Ginger34!
Old Dec 11th 2013, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

derrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud of

I had the same concerns when I was applying, but I called CIC and they confirmed that there is no minimum financial requirements that need to be met for a spousal sponsorship.

This is also confirmed in the link provided by Former Lancastrian...

"If you are sponsoring a person other than

your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has no family members, or
your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has dependent children who have no dependent children of their own, or
your child who has no children of his or her own,

you must prove that you have an annual income that is at least equal to the minimum necessary income"

So as long as the sponsor meets the other requirements, one of which is not receiving financial aid from the government, there shouldn't be any issues
Old Dec 11th 2013, 8:27 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

the only financial requirement for someone in family class is basically "don't be on welfare". THERE IS NO OTHER FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT TO BE APPROVED AS A SPONSOR.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 8:38 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
the only financial requirement for someone in family class is basically "don't be on welfare". THERE IS NO OTHER FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT TO BE APPROVED AS A SPONSOR.
Or be bankrupt.

Old Dec 11th 2013, 10:01 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, and that. I stand corrected.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Heppster will become famous soon enoughHeppster will become famous soon enough

It looks as if there is a Typo on the Spreadsheet. Correct me if I am wrong.

CDAN's timelime from "Application received in Mississauga" (March 27) to "Decision Made" (November 25) should not be 359 days as is written under "Total time to process" It should be 243. There may be other errors as well but this is one I noticed rather quickly. I am not sure if this affects the Average Processing Time that is calculated, but it may be skewing the results a bit.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

JohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant future

And Ginger went in process December 2...

And Sweetman1987 went in process November 1 and received his CORP on November 14.

Crazy quickly for him but he doesn't know when the decision was made.

Good luck to both of them.

I'm certainly not flagging them up to be smart I just love to see the green getting closer to me!

To be honest I don't know how the admin keep up with it all.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

mrpsv is an unknown quantity at this point

quick update... ECAS has added "2.Medical results have been received" on my application. can update on the spreadsheet if that's a significant change.

thanks
Old Dec 15th 2013, 12:47 am
Concierge

Okay, I saw the problem with CDAN's entry last week when I was fiddling with the spreadsheet and I thoguht I corrected it, I'm not sure if someone reverted to a previous version or what, but it seems to be corrected now.

I've also updated Ginger and Sweetman - did they post here, and I missed it, or did they post elsewhere? (I do my best to keep up! Been a busy week with just having moved back to Canada, so possible I miss a few - happy to have them re-flagged though to ensure the spreadsheet stays up to date!)

Let me know if I've missed anything else! I've made a backup of the spreadsheet as of today, just in case.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 10:44 am
Just Joined

tdavies is an unknown quantity at this point

Just realised I hadn't actually posted any of my dates for the spreadsheet (a valuable tool I am eternally grateful for)

Application sent May 3rd 2013
Received back May 10th 2013 (missed signature - signed and re-sent same day)
Sponsorship approval June 18th 2013
Medical results have been received (no date on ECAS)
In Progress 2nd December 2013

Married in Canada Sept 2012, no kids, lived together for 3 years. 2 previous IEC visas. Wife is the Canuck.

Quick question - with nearly 6 months between receiving the application and it changing to "In Process", does this imply no one at CIC has actually looked at my application until the 2nd of December, or is this an internal state that doesn't really mean much?

Last edited by tdavies; Dec 15th 2013 at 10:49 am.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

JohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Okay, I saw the problem with CDAN's entry last week when I was fiddling with the spreadsheet and I thoguht I corrected it, I'm not sure if someone reverted to a previous version or what, but it seems to be corrected now.

I've also updated Ginger and Sweetman - did they post here, and I missed it, or did they post elsewhere? (I do my best to keep up! Been a busy week with just having moved back to Canada, so possible I miss a few - happy to have them re-flagged though to ensure the spreadsheet stays up to date!)

Let me know if I've missed anything else! I've made a backup of the spreadsheet as of today, just in case.
Hey SchnookoLoly,

Yes, they had posted their updates here but I think, at least in one case, it was hot on the heels of other updates so they were easily overlooked.

No doubt you are busy, and do a great job updating this for us all, hence why I was pretty reluctant to flag them in case I caused offence!

Thankfully I didn't as if you were to down tools we'd be in some difficulty!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.