Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Dec 5th 2013, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

sean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Orlaith
Is it just me being impatient or has there been a slow down in the processing of married applicants? I see no movement at all on any of the June applicants.
When we applied in June I set my expectations on it taking about a year to process PR. Then I read about the nine-month average, and readjusted--hoping to be COPRed in March/April next year. As spread sheet processing times dropped, I decided Dec/Jan might be it, with Jan being more likely due to the inevitable Xmas slow-down.

Then all the crazily quick August application processing times occurred, and I got my hopes up that November this year was a possibility. That quickly subsided, but left behind a lingering hope that a pre-Christmas approval was on the cards.

Now, at the beginning of December and with Christmas seemingly around the corner, I've ruled out December and keeping my fingers crossed for a Jan COPR. I keep hoping to hear some other Juners have DMs, which will raise my hopes once more, but so far... nothing!

Still hasn't stopped me from checking ECAS most days! (Even though I know about its notorious unreliability.) What a crazy situation
Old Dec 5th 2013, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

Orlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sean75
When we applied in June I set my expectations on it taking about a year to process PR. Then I read about the nine-month average, and readjusted--hoping to be COPRed in March/April next year. As spread sheet processing times dropped, I decided Dec/Jan might be it, with Jan being more likely due to the inevitable Xmas slow-down.

Then all the crazily quick August application processing times occurred, and I got my hopes up that November this year was a possibility. That quickly subsided, but left behind a lingering hope that a pre-Christmas approval was on the cards.

Now, at the beginning of December and with Christmas seemingly around the corner, I've ruled out December and keeping my fingers crossed for a Jan COPR. I keep hoping to hear some other Juners have DMs, which will raise my hopes once more, but so far... nothing!

Still hasn't stopped me from checking ECAS most days! (Even though I know about its notorious unreliability.) What a crazy situation
When I got a request for additional information (18yrs upwards history - annoying because its technically not required) my lawyer said I would hear within 6-8 weeks. I thought i'd be through in September. Had all sorts of plans! As I drag the dog through the foot of snow and see none of the June babies scrapping over the line. I'm also readjusting for January. Its hard to explain just what kind of endurance test this is. Hang in there. Every day is one day closer. Thats what I tell myself.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

Ralphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really nice

Originally Posted by Orlaith
I'm in Canada. Can't leave or i'll break my visitor status and can't work because I don't have a permit. Days can be long!!! I was hopeful of seeing some movement before Christmas but am readjusting my expectations (again..) since it seems that there is very little movement on the list.
Not good I have been apart from my husband for a year by xmas but at least I have been free to visit ( expensive ) and he is visiting me on Christmas Day for a couple of weeks but our lives are in limbo waiting to hear something !
I think it was easier when we expected the 10m wait ..... I decided I wouldnt check ecas but with the speed at which some applicants get DM I feel I need to check now in case I miss something
Old Dec 5th 2013, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

Mircha has a spectacular aura aboutMircha has a spectacular aura aboutMircha has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by burks
Sponsor Approval to Decision Made in less than a month!? How much did you 'overpay'?? haha
I know crazy right! I was only just casually checking…really not expecting anything.

Lol if overpayment was an option I would've ticked it
Old Dec 5th 2013, 3:16 am
Just Joined

derrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud of

Application arrived in Mississauga today

Can someone add me to the spreadsheet, I applied common law. Now the waiting...
Old Dec 5th 2013, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

tomashenko is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
Just to give (hopefully) a bit of hope to the other June submitters among you. I checked online today and status has changed from application received to 'in process' on 3rd Dec. I don't know exactly what this means but I think it implies that things are moving...
Also, one other thing we found out recently is that it seems you can get a bit more information by getting in touch with local MP's office.
I am going to Canada to join my family next week but kind of thinking something might happen Dec or early Jan.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

Orlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tomashenko
Hi all
Just to give (hopefully) a bit of hope to the other June submitters among you. I checked online today and status has changed from application received to 'in process' on 3rd Dec. I don't know exactly what this means but I think it implies that things are moving...
Also, one other thing we found out recently is that it seems you can get a bit more information by getting in touch with local MP's office.
I am going to Canada to join my family next week but kind of thinking something might happen Dec or early Jan.
Lucky you! I am jealous now…. we started on the extact same date! Good luck and don't leave me behind
Old Dec 5th 2013, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

sean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomashenko
Hi all
OK, this is promising! The Juners are starting to see progress
Old Dec 6th 2013, 2:06 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I think I've gotten everyone's updates in the spreadsheet from the past 2-3 pages... if you had an update, would you mind double-checking your lines? Let me know if I've missed anything!!!
Old Dec 6th 2013, 2:10 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

June is an unfortunate time to submit applications to many visa offices because they begin the summer student and visitor visa rush. There is also the fact that officers are re-assigned to posts in other countries and new officers come to replace them. All that occurs on top of the holiday season!
Old Dec 6th 2013, 8:23 am
Just Joined

samanthalocke is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I'm a Canadian citizen, grew up in Scotland and have just moved to Montreal. My husband and I are currently waiting for our application to process. ECAS says application received Aug 12, I received sponsorship approval September 5, 2013 and my husband was asked to provide his Certificat de Selection du Quebec on September 24th. We have since provided that obviously. Details to update your spreadsheet...
Old Dec 6th 2013, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

phasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond repute

Application was received 6th November. Starting to get a bit worried. Do cic give you any warning if they are sending your application back, or is there a possibility it will land on my doorstep soon?
Old Dec 6th 2013, 12:45 pm
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute

Quick question - people mention talking to the MP's to get their app going - what does that mean? does it actually work? We're in Ottawa now and awaiting hubbie's app to process, just wondering if we can jostle it along at all.
Old Dec 6th 2013, 1:10 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnneMarieC
Quick question - people mention talking to the MP's to get their app going - what does that mean? does it actually work? We're in Ottawa now and awaiting hubbie's app to process, just wondering if we can jostle it along at all.
It means the sponsor contacting their local MP and asking them to contact CIC to get an update on their application when it appears to have stalled for some reason.

Quite honestly, unless you are outside of the time frame given by CIC I don't understand why anybody would do this - it takes the time it takes to process and why should one persons' application take precedence over anothers?

In your case, your sponsorship approval was received less than 2 weeks after receipt - more than 2 weeks faster than it currently shows on the CIC website. Processing will now take place in London (presuming you did an outland) - there would be absolutely no reason (nor purpose) for you to try and 'jostle' it along.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...es/perm-fc.asp

If your spouse hasn't received approval within 6-8 months (although the CIC website shows up to 10 months for processing), that would be the time to contact your local MP.

Looking at the timelines on the spreadsheet, most spousal applicants appear to be obtaining PR within about 5-6 months - providing they have a straightforward application.

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 6th 2013 at 1:16 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2013, 1:38 pm
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It means the sponsor contacting their local MP and asking them to contact CIC to get an update on their application when it appears to have stalled for some reason.

Quite honestly, unless you are outside of the time frame given by CIC I don't understand why anybody would do this - it takes the time it takes to process and why should one persons' application take precedence over anothers?

In your case, your sponsorship approval was received less than 2 weeks after receipt - more than 2 weeks faster than it currently shows on the CIC website. Processing will now take place in London (presuming you did an outland) - there would be absolutely no reason (nor purpose) for you to try and 'jostle' it along.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...es/perm-fc.asp

If your spouse hasn't received approval within 6-8 months (although the CIC website shows up to 10 months for processing), that would be the time to contact your local MP.

Looking at the timelines on the spreadsheet, most spousal applicants appear to be obtaining PR within about 5-6 months - providing they have a straightforward application.

Yep that's what I was thinking too ... we're still WELL within the timelines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.