Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 22nd 2013, 5:04 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

I will be applying for the spousal sponsorship next July, however, my passport expires in 2018... Wondering if I need to apply for a new passport, extending the expiry date....
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 5:49 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cbrown89
I will be applying for the spousal sponsorship next July, however, my passport expires in 2018... Wondering if I need to apply for a new passport, extending the expiry date....
In 2018? Plenty of time. Wouldn't bother. You'd be close to having Canadian citizenship by then
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

John_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by markstimson
SchnookoLoly is right - it was me for both IEC and my common law visa! Fortunately, it's usually the very last hurdle before your visa is issued. Myself and a few other asked to provide RCMP police certificates had our COPR's processed pretty much upon receipt of the certificate. So a slight delay but not much, and the knowledge that you're almost done is a comfort!
Cheers, I suspected as much, but it's reassuring to hear.
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

phasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond repute

Just received an email confirming cic have received my application on 6th of November. This is a normal step, yes? Does this mean sponsor approval will be very soon?.. Or they're going to send my application back very soon.
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phasee
Just received an email confirming cic have received my application on 6th of November. This is a normal step, yes? Does this mean sponsor approval will be very soon?.. Or they're going to send my application back very soon.
My gf got her approval email the day after she got the confirmation email that Mississauga had received our application.
Old Nov 24th 2013, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

deanp89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by burks
My gf got her approval email the day after she got the confirmation email that Mississauga had received our application.
Was the girlfriend the sponsor or the person being sponsored? we sent an application and according to the royal mail tracking it arrived on the 4th of November. We havent heard anything whatsoever. Just starting to panic a little, hoping it hasn't got lost somewhere.
Old Nov 24th 2013, 6:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deanp89
Was the girlfriend the sponsor or the person being sponsored? we sent an application and according to the royal mail tracking it arrived on the 4th of November. We havent heard anything whatsoever. Just starting to panic a little, hoping it hasn't got lost somewhere.
If you only sent it on 4th Nov, then no need to panic at all - CIC are currently working on applications received on 23rd Oct, so two weeks before yours.

HTH.
Old Nov 24th 2013, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
If you only sent it on 4th Nov, then no need to panic at all - CIC are currently working on applications received on 23rd Oct, so two weeks before yours.

HTH.
Oh right, Thank you for that. The only reason i Was asking as it got there on the 4th November but someone above mentioned they have received an email but theres was received on the 6th November. I saw that and thought what if its lost or we've missed any emails that could be important. I just find the whole situation strange that considering the importance of the documents for some people that you wouldnt any acknowledgement for so long.
Old Nov 24th 2013, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

John_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kimmiebow
Any idea why i cant check my ecas?
i have never been able to sign in to it and i dont know why.

my application got sent to london on 17th july and keep trying to check it but wont work.

i have tried both my details and my husbands details on it
I can only check mine using my partner's details (I think of it as "my" application, but I think as far as the immigration people are concerned the whole thing is her application to sponsor me).

For what it's worth, they're clearly processing mine (I got a request for more documents), but it still says "Application received", and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it said that right up until a decision is actually made.

I've always imagined the Immigration office in London to be rather busy, and I suspect there are a lot of staff there for whom updating ECAS isn't a top priority.
Old Nov 24th 2013, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

GF is my sponsor. CIC doesn't confirm they've received it until they start looking at it.
Old Nov 24th 2013, 9:30 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Oh right, Thank you for that. The only reason i Was asking as it got there on the 4th November but someone above mentioned they have received an email but theres was received on the 6th November. I saw that and thought what if its lost or we've missed any emails that could be important. I just find the whole situation strange that considering the importance of the documents for some people that you wouldnt any acknowledgement for so long.
CIC usually emails once they start processing - the person who had an email on 6 Nov had sent their application off a few weeks before. You won't hear anything for another few weeks, so just sit tight.

Do you want to be added to the spreadsheet? (Make sure you post back when you have updates!)
Old Nov 25th 2013, 5:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
CIC usually emails once they start processing - the person who had an email on 6 Nov had sent their application off a few weeks before. You won't hear anything for another few weeks, so just sit tight.

Do you want to be added to the spreadsheet? (Make sure you post back when you have updates!)
Oh I understand now. Makes sense as to why we wouldn't have. I've never even considered immigration to anywhere outside of Europe till I met my girlfriend here in England.

That would be fantastic if you could. We mailed the application to Mississauga on the 28th October and it arrives the 4th November according to the royal mail tracking.

Thank you for putting my mind at ease too. I've gained so much information from just reading this forum. Its brilliant and gives better advice than you can find anywhere else online.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 12:22 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I understand now. Makes sense as to why we wouldn't have. I've never even considered immigration to anywhere outside of Europe till I met my girlfriend here in England.

That would be fantastic if you could. We mailed the application to Mississauga on the 28th October and it arrives the 4th November according to the royal mail tracking.

Thank you for putting my mind at ease too. I've gained so much information from just reading this forum. Its brilliant and gives better advice than you can find anywhere else online.
Added you - let us know how you get on!

Happy to help put your mind at ease, I certainly found this forum quite helpful when I was applying too!!
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

rnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud of

Hello All!

I am currently putting together my application for my husbands (a UK citizen) sponsorship and had a few questions about filling out the forms...Through spouse, and I am a Canadian citizen - we have on child born in the UK (waiting for his citizenship certificate), and my husband has a son from a previous relationship who will be staying in the UK.

Apologies is this has been asked a million times, but I think I have read everything so many times I have information overload

1. Who do we need to supply pictures for?
2. As I am living and working in the UK, do I need to supply a letter from employer? I know I don't have to supply an option c printout...

If there is any more information, or things that people found confusing that might assist me - that would be fantastic?

To be added to the spreadsheet shortly

Nikki

Last edited by rnccominghome; Nov 27th 2013 at 8:59 am. Reason: Add info...
Old Nov 27th 2013, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Stuart_1973 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hi all,
I'm in the waiting game too. My application was sent off approx 2 weeks ago. I'm being sponsored by my partner. We have a two year old( who we've just handed in citizenship application ( stupidly didn't realise it was easier before 2 years old) and baby number 2 arriving any time now! Looking at this forum gives hope that we may be able to move sooner than we think. Obviously still waiting to hear. It's good to read others stories..very excited about getting to Winnipeg next year (fingers crossed!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.