Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 16th 2013, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Ralphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really nice
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hi all - just a query about additional information request from age 18 if anyone can advise !

28 yrs ago (during a gap year when I was 19 ) I spent a " brief" period in Holland as a live-in nanny/groom for a Dutch family -all these years later I have struggled to recall details about exact dates/ timescale/ address ( there is nothing stamped in my old passport to help with dates) -hence I submitted what I could recall and that to the best of my memory it was "a brief period in 1985 " (as I was home sick and came home ! )
Since I submitted this extra info I have unearthed a couple of letters that show the address and the letters/envelopes are date-stamped to show I was there for a period of between 6-8 weeks.
My query is : having found this extra detail do I send it in now or do I now wait to see if it is requested ? Is 6-8 weeks a significant timescale in terms of time spent abroad ?
I am applying for PR as a UK spouse being sponsored Outland through the London VO by my Canadian husband.

Many thanks for any other member's considered opinion of my dilemma :-)
Old Nov 16th 2013, 9:02 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ralphstars
Hi all - just a query about additional information request from age 18 if anyone can advise !

28 yrs ago (during a gap year when I was 19 ) I spent a " brief" period in Holland as a live-in nanny/groom for a Dutch family -all these years later I have struggled to recall details about exact dates/ timescale/ address ( there is nothing stamped in my old passport to help with dates) -hence I submitted what I could recall and that to the best of my memory it was "a brief period in 1985 " (as I was home sick and came home ! )
Since I submitted this extra info I have unearthed a couple of letters that show the address and the letters/envelopes are date-stamped to show I was there for a period of between 6-8 weeks.
My query is : having found this extra detail do I send it in now or do I now wait to see if it is requested ? Is 6-8 weeks a significant timescale in terms of time spent abroad ?
I am applying for PR as a UK spouse being sponsored Outland through the London VO by my Canadian husband.

Many thanks for any other member's considered opinion of my dilemma :-)
Personally I'd just wait for them to request it. It's so long ago that it probably won't matter, so just sit tight
Old Nov 16th 2013, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Ralphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really nice

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Personally I'd just wait for them to request it. It's so long ago that it probably won't matter, so just sit tight
Thanks ! It's hard to judge which missing info will slow progress and trying to avoid omissions even when it's so far in the distant past !
Old Nov 17th 2013, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

kimmiebow is an unknown quantity at this point

Any idea why i cant check my ecas?
i have never been able to sign in to it and i dont know why.

my application got sent to london on 17th july and keep trying to check it but wont work.

i have tried both my details and my husbands details on it
Old Nov 17th 2013, 9:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimmiebow

my application got sent to london on 17th july and keep trying to check it but wont work.

And you're putting England (or Scotland, or Wales etc) as the country when asked to do so?
Old Nov 17th 2013, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

I can't check mine on the iPad - in case that is the issue 😐
Old Nov 18th 2013, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by John_01
Update to my timeline: just got an email asking for another RCMP fingerprint check. Presumably either the one I submitted originally expired (I can't remember how long they're valid for), or someone with a name like mine has gotten up to no good.

(actually, I had a similar request for my last Working Holiday Visa application, so I think it's the second. Some criminal with a name like mine owes me two sets of fingerprinting fees!).
SchnookoLoly is right - it was me for both IEC and my common law visa! Fortunately, it's usually the very last hurdle before your visa is issued. Myself and a few other asked to provide RCMP police certificates had our COPR's processed pretty much upon receipt of the certificate. So a slight delay but not much, and the knowledge that you're almost done is a comfort!
Old Nov 18th 2013, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Orlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
I'm new to the forum but grateful to have found it. We are applying for spousal sponsorship and I would be happy to have our time line added to the spreadsheet. It was helpful to me when I can across it.
Application received at Mississauga - 13 June 2013, Spouse approved as sponsor 5 July 2013, request for additional information received 28 July 2013 (whereabouts dating back to age 18). Nothing since. I"ll keep the forum posted if there are any changes. I see that there has been very little movement on the June 2013 married applicants in terms of decisions which makes me less worried. Any guesses as to a likely decision made time frame would be most welcome! Its been a long hard wait. Many thanks.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 4:41 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Orlaith
Hi,
I'm new to the forum but grateful to have found it. We are applying for spousal sponsorship and I would be happy to have our time line added to the spreadsheet. It was helpful to me when I can across it.
Application received at Mississauga - 13 June 2013, Spouse approved as sponsor 5 July 2013, request for additional information received 28 July 2013 (whereabouts dating back to age 18). Nothing since. I"ll keep the forum posted if there are any changes. I see that there has been very little movement on the June 2013 married applicants in terms of decisions which makes me less worried. Any guesses as to a likely decision made time frame would be most welcome! Its been a long hard wait. Many thanks.
Added you to the spreadsheet!!

The average processing time for 2013 is currently at just under 6 months, so applying in June, that puts you on track for some time in December. However, keep in mind things slow down a bit in December with holidays and such.

Most of the April and May applications are just about through, so if I had to guess you aren't far behind... maybe prepare yourself for early next year to stay a bit cautious... but I'm only guessing!!
Old Nov 18th 2013, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Orlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks so much. I"m really impressed with the spreadsheet. Helps a lot to see that! I"ll be glued to this forum now!!
Old Nov 18th 2013, 6:32 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Orlaith
Thanks so much. I"m really impressed with the spreadsheet. Helps a lot to see that! I"ll be glued to this forum now!!
Should hear pretty soon. I'd imagine before the end of the year.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

kimmiebow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
And you're putting England (or Scotland, or Wales etc) as the country when asked to do so?
Tried every combination in the past and tried again the other day. Still not working. I have been using a laptop to check and no luck.

Anyone got any idea of how I can check?
Old Nov 19th 2013, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

Mircha has a spectacular aura aboutMircha has a spectacular aura aboutMircha has a spectacular aura about

Just wanted to join the bandwagon and be placed on the spreadsheet:

Sent Application to CPC Mississauga: 28th Oct
Application received: 30th Oct (Confirmed by Canada Post)
Sponsor Approval: 15th Nov

I'm applying through common law.

Will keep you updated as time goes on
Old Nov 19th 2013, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Ginger34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum as well and would love to be added to the spreadsheet as well please!

Sponsorship application received June 5th 2013
Sponsorship approval July 5th 2013

Haven't heard anything more since then so just basically trying to be as patient as possible!

Thanks!
Old Nov 19th 2013, 11:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Tried every combination in the past and tried again the other day. Still not working. I have been using a laptop to check and no luck.

Anyone got any idea of how I can check?
No idea I'm afraid, normally it doesn't work because people are putting 'UK & Colonies' instead of 'England/Scotland/Wales', and if you're using a laptop as well it should work.

Hope you get it sorted, but Ecas is notoriously unreliable so I wouldn't worry too much - you won't be missing much!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.