Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 7th 2013, 3:00 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by skytek
Does anyone know why people who applied 1-2 months ago are already getting their decision but people who applied 6-7 months ago are still not processed? 50-70 days from start to finish is extraordinarily fast! Why are those applications getting processed before applications sent in 7 months ago?
Some are some are not. The wild card in visa processing is the security background check which can take a month or years depending on citizenship and countries live in.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 3:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ralphstars
I read an article in the CIC immigration news that Canada was making it faster for international nurses to apply a couple of months ago
I've not heard that, the only thing CIC have changed in the past year is to remove nurses from the list of occupations in demand, so it's now much harder for them to get entry to Canada (unless they have a Canadian spouse of course, very handy!).

I'm not a nurse, so am only going on what I've read on the forum etc, but it was only a few months ago that AB had cut right back and weren't recruiting anymore. I can't keep up!
Old Nov 7th 2013, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Ralphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I've not heard that, the only thing CIC have changed in the past year is to remove nurses from the list of occupations in demand, so it's now much harder for them to get entry to Canada (unless they have a Canadian spouse of course, very handy!).

:
it looks like Canada can't keep up with itself ! The article I read is at the top of the August 2013 edition of the Canadian Immigration Newsletter - in brief it is stating that the CNA are predicting a shortage of nurses and jobs are currently plentiful and that international nurses are to be encouraged to apply for temporary permits to work which will then make it easier to get PR - it also states that Quebec are in desperate need of nurses

Maybe the powers that be will re-add nurses to the list of occupations in demand some time soon !
Old Nov 7th 2013, 4:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

it looks like Canada can't keep up with itself ! The article I read is at the top of the August 2013 edition of the Canadian Immigration Newsletter - in brief it is stating that the CNA are predicting a shortage of nurses and jobs are currently plentiful and that international nurses are to be encouraged to apply for temporary permits to work which will then make it easier to get PR - it also states that Quebec are in desperate need of nurses
Ah, it starts to make sense now - what's this 'Canadian Immigration Newsletter', is it by any chance from an immigration consultancy?!?

Of course nurses are being 'encouraged to apply for temporary permits to work which will then make it easier to get PR' - love the fact that they haven't actually mentioned that it's the *only* way for a nurse to get PR using their occupation now that it's no longer on the occupation in demand list!
Old Nov 7th 2013, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Ralphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really nice

Ah, it starts to make sense now - what's this 'Canadian Immigration Newsletter', is it by any chance from an immigration consultancy?!?
So it's a ploy to get custom through a consultancy company ? Yes it makes sense then ! So what they tell you bares no resemblance to immigration policy ?
Interesting - that puts a different slant on the situation completely doesn't it !
Old Nov 7th 2013, 4:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

So it's a ploy to get custom through a consultancy company ? Yes it makes sense then ! So what they tell you bares no resemblance to immigration policy ?
Interesting - that puts a different slant on the situation completely doesn't it !
I've no idea what newsletter you mean, but it's certainly not an official one or a news release from CIC judging from what you've said. I'm only guessing at an immigration consultancy (or possibly a nursing agency), as it does seem to rather be stretching the truth somewhat!

Have you got a link to it?
Old Nov 7th 2013, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

I've no idea what newsletter you mean, but it's certainly not an official one or a news release from CIC judging from what you've said. I'm only guessing at an immigration consultancy (or possibly a nursing agency), as it does seem to rather be stretching the truth somewhat!

Have you got a link to it?
Don't have a link as such - I just typed Canadian Immigration News into the web browser - it implies a connection to CIC at the top of the header on the news letter - see if you can trace it that way maybe
Old Nov 7th 2013, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Don't have a link as such - I just typed Canadian Immigration News into the web browser - it implies a connection to CIC at the top of the header on the news letter - see if you can trace it that way maybe
Or maybe CICNEWS.COM
Old Nov 7th 2013, 4:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Is this it by any chance? http://www.cicnews.com

Yep, that's nothing to do with CIC and just an immigration consultancy touting for business! I'd stick to the official news releases from CIC if you want to get 'proper' info.

Good luck.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Is this it by any chance? http://www.cicnews.com

Yep, that's nothing to do with CIC and just an immigration consultancy touting for business! I'd stick to the official news releases from CIC if you want to get 'proper' info.

Good luck.
Thanks for the advice clearly that website is designed to look
Like it has official CIC updates doesn't it ?
Old Nov 7th 2013, 4:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

clearly that website is designed to look
Like it has official CIC updates doesn't it ?
I don't think it is personally, other than the name there's nothing else that would indicate it's anything to do with CIC, it's a different logo etc.

Here's the official source if you're interested - http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/departm...2013/index.asp

And you can also check the Gazette for immigration news too - http://www.gazette.gc.ca/gazette/home-accueil-eng.php

HTH.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

I don't think it is personally, other than the name there's nothing else that would indicate it's anything to do with CIC, it's a different logo etc.

Here's the official source if you're interested - http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/departm...2013/index.asp

And you can also check the Gazette for immigration news too - http://www.gazette.gc.ca/gazette/home-accueil-eng.php

HTH.
Thankyou for the links

Old Nov 7th 2013, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
burks and RHC, added you both to the spreadsheet!!
Originally Posted by burks
My girlfriend received her sponsor approval this morning!

Next stop London..
Just looked on the spreadsheet and am wondering.. Is it a coincidence that mkh23 received their Sponsor Approval on the same day as me or was that date meant for me
Old Nov 7th 2013, 7:40 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burks
Just looked on the spreadsheet and am wondering.. Is it a coincidence that mkh23 received their Sponsor Approval on the same day as me or was that date meant for me
Fixed
Old Nov 7th 2013, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Fixed
Thank you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.