Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 26th 2014, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

DavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of light
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Send a copy of their birth certificates together with a copy of proof your Canadian Citizenship (certificate or passport) and remind them that the children are Canadian Citizens by descent and therefore do not require sponsorship; you will need to add them to the additional family information forms.

If you have received an email from them, use the same email to respond to them or else send a case specific enquiry, scan and attach the documents required and ask if they require any further information in order to finalise the application.

Top advice, many thanks
Old Feb 26th 2014, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

in the bay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we received spousal sponsorship approval on friday 21st via email. stage one out of the way. now hopefully stage 2 will go as smoothly.

i would be really grateful if my entry on the spreadsheet could be updated. thanks :-)
Old Feb 26th 2014, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

bcgurl is an unknown quantity at this point

AWESOME NEWS! We received DM on February 24 and we have been approved! Please update the spreadsheet! WOOOOO WHOOOOO! Happy campers we are! Thanks for all the info!
Old Feb 26th 2014, 10:52 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcgurl
AWESOME NEWS! We received DM on February 24 and we have been approved! Please update the spreadsheet! WOOOOO WHOOOOO! Happy campers we are! Thanks for all the info!

Congrats!!!

Old Feb 27th 2014, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

nicolasta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DavidandClaire
Do you plan on landing with their Irish passports then, eventually, or hope a Canadian passport will be through by then?
Yes, was planning on landing with their Irish passports, having applied for the Canadian citizenship certificate. However, I only applied for sponsorship in November, so could be a long wait yet
Old Feb 27th 2014, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

prairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicolasta
Yes, was planning on landing with their Irish passports, having applied for the Canadian citizenship certificate. However, I only applied for sponsorship in November, so could be a long wait yet
If it's at all helpful, my son's Citizenship Certificate only took 5 months to arrive. Applied for that through London, and had nowhere near the wait I was expecting based on what the CIC website said. That was back in 2012. He was 9 at the time (and I did a fair amount of kicking myself that I didn't do it when he was really little - was quite worried it could end up delaying our move - although in the end we delayed anyway for other reasons).
Old Feb 27th 2014, 9:45 am
Just Joined

DavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by prairiechicken
If it's at all helpful, my son's Citizenship Certificate only took 5 months to arrive. Applied for that through London, and had nowhere near the wait I was expecting based on what the CIC website said. That was back in 2012. He was 9 at the time (and I did a fair amount of kicking myself that I didn't do it when he was really little - was quite worried it could end up delaying our move - although in the end we delayed anyway for other reasons).
Both very helpful, thanks, had an email back today saying I only need to send birth certificates if they are eligible for Canadian citizenship, so a bit of a result. Will get Brit passports and apply for Canadian certificate as well. Hopefully a sign things are moving forward! Happy days
Old Feb 27th 2014, 12:13 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Spreadsheet updates done!
Old Feb 27th 2014, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

apt2208 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am new to this forum, please add me to the spreadsheet.

Married Application received: 18SEP2013
Sponsor approval: 01OCT2013

Thanks!
Old Feb 27th 2014, 3:46 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by apt2208
Hi, I am new to this forum, please add me to the spreadsheet.

Married Application received: 18SEP2013
Sponsor approval: 01OCT2013

Thanks!
Done - are you M or CL?
Old Feb 27th 2014, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you. Married
Old Feb 27th 2014, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

And for the first of my questions. Does anyone know when we can expect the processing times for step 2 to be updated on the CIC website. This is supposed to be done quarterly and the last update was on 30OCT2013...?
Old Feb 27th 2014, 3:58 pm
Concierge

And for the first of my questions. Does anyone know when we can expect the processing times for step 2 to be updated on the CIC website. This is supposed to be done quarterly and the last update was on 30OCT2013...?
They won't update it if there isn't a change.

Best bet is to use the spreadsheet as your guidance for when you can expect to hear, which for you I'd guess would be in the next 1-2 months.
Old Feb 27th 2014, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
They won't update it if there isn't a change.

Best bet is to use the spreadsheet as your guidance for when you can expect to hear, which for you I'd guess would be in the next 1-2 months.
Thank you so much. I really do hope I hear something in the next month or two, the waiting is really testing my patience!

Another question (perhaps a silly one too) - will my COPR come to me by post in the UK?
Old Feb 27th 2014, 4:11 pm
Concierge

Thank you so much. I really do hope I hear something in the next month or two, the waiting is really testing my patience!

Another question (perhaps a silly one too) - will my COPR come to me by post in the UK?
Will come in the post to whatever address CIC has on file for you - you can see the address when you log into ECAS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.