Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 4th 2013, 1:39 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

burks and RHC, added you both to the spreadsheet!!

Originally Posted by derrykboyd
Hi Everyone,

Just getting documents and checks ready to send off my PR application, I am really glad I found this thread, really put my mind at ease with regards to processing times. I am living in Edmonton on an IEC visa which is valid until Sep 2014, so I really hope I get approved by then.

I have a query which hopefully someone can help me with...

It is unclear (to me anyway) on the guide whether I should get a medical and send it with my application or send the application and get the medical when requested? Any consensus on this?

Thanks for any help, and great discussion here, love the spreadsheets!
Definitely do your medical beforehand, it speeds things up, youll end up with delays if you wait to have it done. Glad the spreadsheet helps you out! I wouldn't delay TOO much longer in getting your app filed, but I'd think you'd have it all done before SEpt 2014 as long as you apply this year!
Old Nov 5th 2013, 4:37 am
ak9
Forum Regular

ak9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got the corp!!! Woo!! That only came 5 days after they said. Thank God for the UK postal service.
Two things we only have four months to get landed .... Is that a common length of time??? It seems rather quick to pack up your life. Also what does it mean .... Under the surveillance level bit....we have a one....is that bad???? Why would.they want to keep surveillance?? On us of all people
Old Nov 5th 2013, 5:28 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ak9
Got the corp!!! Woo!! That only came 5 days after they said. Thank God for the UK postal service.
Two things we only have four months to get landed .... Is that a common length of time??? It seems rather quick to pack up your life. Also what does it mean .... Under the surveillance level bit....we have a one....is that bad???? Why would.they want to keep surveillance?? On us of all people
Congrats!!

The COPR normally is valid up to the 1 year anniversary of your medical (or the expiry date of your passport, whichever is the sooner) - so if you had your medical say 8 months ago, then you would need to 'land' (activate your PR) within the next 4 months.

Some people have had less than 3 weeks to land, so 4 months isn't too bad

You don't have to remain in Canada, you just need to land to activate your PR - so you can come for as little as 1 day if needs be. You can read more here: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada

Regarding 'Under Surveillance', this refers to medical surveillance (normally for TB). If yours says "S1" you have no need to worry.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...ess/coding.asp

S1
No requirement for medical surveillance (Note: for M1 profiles, the surveillance code is defaulted to S1. For other medical profiles, the surveillance code “S1”needs to be manually selected)

Old Nov 5th 2013, 5:39 am
ak9
Forum Regular

ak9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Congrats!!

The COPR normally is valid up to the 1 year anniversary of your medical (or the expiry date of your passport, whichever is the sooner) - so if you had your medical say 8 months ago, then you would need to 'land' (activate your PR) within the next 4 months.

Some people have had less than 3 weeks to land, so 4 months isn't too bad

You don't have to remain in Canada, you just need to land to activate your PR - so you can come for as little as 1 day if needs be. You can read more here: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada

Regarding 'Under Surveillance', this refers to medical surveillance (normally for TB). If yours says "S1" you have no need to worry.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...ess/coding.asp

S1
No requirement for medical surveillance (Note: for M1 profiles, the surveillance code is defaulted to S1. For other medical profiles, the surveillance code “S1”needs to be manually selected)

It won't let me open that page the one with the codes saying there is an internal error. It just says .... Surveillance code : 1 .... Do you think this Is this different to s1?
Old Nov 5th 2013, 5:44 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ak9
It won't let me open that page the one with the codes saying there is an internal error. It just says .... Surveillance code : 1 .... Do you think this Is this different to s1?
Weirdly, it won't open for me now either. If you go to the manuals section on CIC here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...uals/index.asp and then click on 'Reference' - then 'Medical Requirements' - then click on the left hand side 'Assessing Medical Requirements' - then click on 'Medical Assessment Coding' - then click on 'Surveillance Codes' you will reach it!

I believe that Surveillance code: 1 is the same as S1 but others may be able to guide you on this.

Old Nov 5th 2013, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

bubblybre86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Can you update the spreadsheet for me please?

Began processing 30/11/13.......now decision made on 01/11/13!!!! OMG how quick are London...only sent the applicatin off 9 weeks ago!!!! Anxious now!!!

Thanks!
Old Nov 5th 2013, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Kwon is an unknown quantity at this point

Just received an e-mail from CIC regarding my application. They require 2 additional pieces of info. 1. Payment of right of permanent residency fee and 2. Updated copy of my passport biopage.

The first one is not a problem. I didn't know what fees had to be paid in total. However, I'm concerned what they are asking for with regards to my passport biopage. I already sent this to them in my original package but I'm not sure what they mean by updated. Has anyone else had the same request or shed some light on what they are unhappy with?
Old Nov 5th 2013, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Sorry update again!

COPR recvd 05/11/13! Just spoke to my OH and he has just signed for it at home! Happy days!
Old Nov 5th 2013, 12:01 pm
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bubblybre86
Sorry update again!

COPR recvd 05/11/13! Just spoke to my OH and he has just signed for it at home! Happy days!
Congrats!! Fantastically speedy - I'm a couple weeks behind you so got my fingers crossed
Old Nov 5th 2013, 12:19 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ak9
You only have to land within 4 months, not MOVE within 4 months. My husband and I had his COPR through in August last year with an expiry date of December. We landed a few days before the expiry date, stayed in Canada for 2 weeks over Christmas, then returned to the UK. My husband moved permanently this past September, with me following probably in January. So just get yourself to Canada to land - you can book a same-day return if you want to! (Though perhaps make a holiday out of it!)

Hi,

Began processing 30/11/13.......now decision made on 01/11/13!!!! OMG how quick are London...only sent the applicatin off 9 weeks ago!!!! Anxious now!!!

Thanks!
All updated!! That's really, really quick - congrats!

Originally Posted by Kwon
Just received an e-mail from CIC regarding my application. They require 2 additional pieces of info. 1. Payment of right of permanent residency fee and 2. Updated copy of my passport biopage.

The first one is not a problem. I didn't know what fees had to be paid in total. However, I'm concerned what they are asking for with regards to my passport biopage. I already sent this to them in my original package but I'm not sure what they mean by updated. Has anyone else had the same request or shed some light on what they are unhappy with?
Sometimes they ask for it again. When is your passport expiry date? Sometimes if you have a renewed passport recently they ask for it again... my husband had this. He used his old passport to do his UK police check, renewed his passport (as it expired before the 1yr of medicals), and then we used that... but they asked for a copy of the passport again, and when we got our case notes, they wrote there that they asked for it because the first one was expiring before medicals... even though we sent them the photocopy of the renewed one which expires in 2022... so I wouldn't worry, just send it again.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Kwon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Sometimes they ask for it again. When is your passport expiry date? Sometimes if you have a renewed passport recently they ask for it again... my husband had this. He used his old passport to do his UK police check, renewed his passport (as it expired before the 1yr of medicals), and then we used that... but they asked for a copy of the passport again, and when we got our case notes, they wrote there that they asked for it because the first one was expiring before medicals... even though we sent them the photocopy of the renewed one which expires in 2022... so I wouldn't worry, just send it again.
Thanks SchnookLoly. My passport was renewed last year so it isn't expiring soon. Everything in my application is based on the new passport. Don't think I included a copy of my expired one either. I really hope that's all they are asking for. Kinda disappointed they asked for additional information but hopefully it won't delay the process too much.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Thanks!
Wow. That is insanely quick. Congratulations!! I have never seen anyone process so quickly. Ever.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 1:27 pm
Concierge

^ She beat the next fastest on the spreadsheet by a clear 12 days!!
Old Nov 5th 2013, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

thanks everyone. I would like to thank you all for providing me with accurate and detailed information to help me with my application
Old Nov 5th 2013, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

thanks everyone. I would like to thank you all for providing me with accurate and detailed information to help me with my application
That's the crux of it right there. It's genuinely pointless engaging a lawyer when you get faster and free advice on here! I tell everyone I know looking into PR to ask questions on this site instead, like I did. Saves several G's!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.