Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 12th 2013, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

RE: Jobs

- As I mentioned before you have to be pro-active. Take online courses, do something that makes you stand out. For example, if I was looking for admin roles I would certainly do some online tests to show my data entry speeds and typing speeds - these are very easy to find. Even online tests which show you are 'proficient' in all the office applications.

- Calm down a bit and be patient. Job searching here is much, much, much, much slower than the UK. The interview process is laughably slow. Companies take their sweet time before hiring because employees have better conditions and pay here, it is also a lot harder to fire someone - so naturally companies are more careful in selecting them. For example, my current role the interview process took over a month. In fact it took almost 6 weeks. It is perfectly normal to keep bashing away and feel frustrated before DING one day you land a role.

- With regards to recruiters I'd recommend Robert Half as one of the better ones I dealt with. They do recruit for admin roles. I'd just keep hitting up recruiters and use every ounce of any contact you have. Look for ways to build contacts - Linkedin is one. Joining social clubs another. Workopolis and Indeed (mainly the latter since it includes the former) are good job boards but mainly to just get in contact with recruiters. Don't apply for any jobs that have been up more than 1 day.

- A lot of companies don't post on job sites so actively search them out. There are tonnes of 'best employer' lists out there so Google it pick a few and go to the website of a bunch of the companies. Saying 'I saw you on the XX Best Employer list and read about the company and it sounds like a great place to work etc' is a good start to any cover letter.

Originally Posted by ak9
Hi Everyone,

So, my online check your status thing still hasnt updated - i read in other threads before that sometimes you can go through the whole process without it updating - is that pretty normal?
Or how long did it take others to get their updates online??

How long does it usually take to hit London - does London ever email saying we have your application? Like i got an email from CIC-M. Would it only be the principal applicant who gets the email??
Perfectly normal. No they won't email to say they have the application. You might go to 'in progress', you might not. You might go to 'decision made' or your COPR might just turn up. It's random.

The only time to get in contact with London is (a) if you've been 'In Progress' for a while (like more than a week) with no updates or (b) you've sent them documents and not heard back for 10 days or so. These are good times to get in touch because often London either just forgets about files or may have sent a request for more information that you didn't receive.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

lindzation is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG!!!!!!!!!

So as you guys know my boyfriends IEC visa expires in a month.. so wetook mitchys advice and my boyfriend emailed London last night... they replied this morning!!! And told him his application was approved today!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm a little excited
Anyway, logged onto ECAS and still no change, will let you guys know if that happens anytime soon!
Old Apr 12th 2013, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lindzation
OMG!!!!!!!!!

So as you guys know my boyfriends IEC visa expires in a month.. so wetook mitchys advice and my boyfriend emailed London last night... they replied this morning!!! And told him his application was approved today!
I'm a little excited
Anyway, logged onto ECAS and still no change, will let you guys know if that happens anytime soon!
Awesome congrats! Good timing!

My advice: wait a few days (maybe till next Wed) and see if either (1) ECAS changes to DM or (2) the COPR arrives in the post. If neither of these happens email London again.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by michty6
Awesome congrats! Good timing!

My advice: wait a few days (maybe till next Wed) and see if either (1) ECAS changes to DM or (2) the COPR arrives in the post. If neither of these happens email London again.
Thanks!!! Yes I think you are right, I will keep on them as it's pretty important we receive the documents before his visa expires!
Ah I'm so delighted! We should be okay to not apply for visitor status, do you think??
Old Apr 12th 2013, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

Thanks!!! Yes I think you are right, I will keep on them as it's pretty important we receive the documents before his visa expires!
Ah I'm so delighted! We should be okay to not apply for visitor status, do you think??
You should be fine. Where are you in Canada? I know that to Toronto the COPR is taking around 6-8 days.

The main thing to keep an eye on is ECAS. Most times if you get the change to DM on ECAS this means the COPR has already been posted and is on its way - from this and the other forum I estimate that usually the COPR is posted out 1-3 days before ECAS goes to DM.

Some people on here will say ECAS is useless but this is usually because a lot of people who are in the UK get the COPR before DM because of the 1-3 days delay - this is much, much more rare if you're in Canada because of the longer posting times.

And definitely keep on top of London!
Old Apr 12th 2013, 3:41 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

OMG!!!!!!!!!

I'm a little excited
what email address did you send to?
Old Apr 12th 2013, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Orly - if you've already submitted a Case Specific Enquiry you just reply to that email (it should have your file number in the subject line). If you've never done a CSE through the website then just do this for the first time.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

RoMo82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i had the email i've been waiting for this morning, PR approved and COPR docs being sent out.
Cutting it very fine but thankfully its done now, will take a 2 week trip back home to see family and show off the baby to the Great Grandparents, come back in and finalize things and then i can crack on with Police applications and general work searching.

What a relief!
Old Apr 12th 2013, 6:33 am
Just Joined

pat..sue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Take the job if its a good one. It would have no effect upon your PR application.
thanks for the advice guys ..hopefully get the l.m.o and get back working again...
Old Apr 12th 2013, 7:36 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Orly - if you've already submitted a Case Specific Enquiry you just reply to that email (it should have your file number in the subject line). If you've never done a CSE through the website then just do this for the first time.
I'm in no rush yet but it does seem odd to email and instantly get a positive result the next day.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

You should be fine. Where are you in Canada? I know that to Toronto the COPR is taking around 6-8 days.

The main thing to keep an eye on is ECAS. Most times if you get the change to DM on ECAS this means the COPR has already been posted and is on its way - from this and the other forum I estimate that usually the COPR is posted out 1-3 days before ECAS goes to DM.

Some people on here will say ECAS is useless but this is usually because a lot of people who are in the UK get the COPR before DM because of the 1-3 days delay - this is much, much more rare if you're in Canada because of the longer posting times.

And definitely keep on top of London!
I am in Edmonton! So might take a day or two longer than TO.. I think you are very right about the DM/ECAS process. Most likely someone approves it and then it gets passed on to Admin to issue the COPR/send it out - then the webpage gets updated. Makes sense to me!
Old Apr 12th 2013, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by orly
I'm in no rush yet but it does seem odd to email and instantly get a positive result the next day.
Doesn't seem odd in the slightest to me. Reading my GCMS notes my file was sitting around doing nothing till I emailed them and they sent a reminder for someone to look at it...
Old Apr 12th 2013, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Doesn't seem odd in the slightest to me. Reading my GCMS notes my file was sitting around doing nothing till I emailed them and they sent a reminder for someone to look at it...
haha yeah, that happens in my office so I can see it happening there as well unfortunately!!
Old Apr 12th 2013, 8:34 am
Just Joined

eureka46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hi all ....My sponsorship application was submitted on the 31.12.12 after a year of prep work and getting the business accounts filed. They were then approved on the 21.01.13 ..... Meds also received.. now just waiting for it to assessed ..... if some one could add me to the spreadsheet that would be great. I can now see an end on the horizon.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

efoglady is an unknown quantity at this point

That's such great news lindzation! Your timeline is very close to mine so I'm hoping good news will come my way soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.