Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 11th 2013, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by GS1
Thanks Michty6.

I have registred with around 50 agengies, but nothing back. zilch
can you tell me some agengies i should look register with that found you positions?

Thanks, GS1
Where you based? And can you expand a little more on what sort of positions you're looking for other than project management or admin type work?
Old Apr 11th 2013, 3:11 pm
ak9
Forum Regular

ak9 is an unknown quantity at this point

GOT MY SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL TODAY!!!!!!! THATS ONLY 16 DAYS REPLY TIME!!!

On the website it said that they were only looking at applications recieved on the 13th of Feb - ours didnt even get there until the 19th!!

Thank God!

Can someone please update my spreadsheet!!!!!
Old Apr 11th 2013, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ak9
GOT MY SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL TODAY!!!!!!! THATS ONLY 16 DAYS REPLY TIME!!!

On the website it said that they were only looking at applications recieved on the 13th of Feb - ours didnt even get there until the 19th!!

Thank God!

Can someone please update my spreadsheet!!!!!
Done. Congrats. They are flying through the early appliers this year!
Old Apr 11th 2013, 3:25 pm
ak9
Forum Regular

I thought it would take ages with all of the bank holidays for Easter!

With regard to the job situation - can anyone comment on how easy/hard it is to find work in Canada at the moment.

Here in the UK - we both have fantastic jobs! and i am really pleased with the health cover here etc. My family is in Canada - so we are only moving to be closer to them.

Seems pretty scary to be leaving security at the moment - is everyone still struggling for decent work over there? You can get a great "career" job much easier than Canada i think - they expect much more of people - higher education, experience etc - would anyone agree with that??

Can any brits tell me what its like to live in Canada after being in the UK - on the job front, the education front and health care front???
Old Apr 11th 2013, 4:43 pm
GS1
Forum Regular

GS1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by michty6
Where you based? And can you expand a little more on what sort of positions you're looking for other than project management or admin type work?
Hi,

Im looking for project management in construction and every day office admin/clerical job. I dont mind data entry - anything to get into the office
Old Apr 11th 2013, 4:47 pm
GS1
Forum Regular

GS1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ak9
I thought it would take ages with all of the bank holidays for Easter!

With regard to the job situation - can anyone comment on how easy/hard it is to find work in Canada at the moment.

Here in the UK - we both have fantastic jobs! and i am really pleased with the health cover here etc. My family is in Canada - so we are only moving to be closer to them.

Seems pretty scary to be leaving security at the moment - is everyone still struggling for decent work over there? You can get a great "career" job much easier than Canada i think - they expect much more of people - higher education, experience etc - would anyone agree with that??

Can any brits tell me what its like to live in Canada after being in the UK - on the job front, the education front and health care front???

I be honest - Ive been here for 2 months and it really suskcs. i dont see anything good about it. jobs are not easy to find at all. ive applied, applied, and applied for jobs and got nothing back at all, even admin roles with basic requriements, ive chopped and changed my resume in line with canada and nothing back.
ive registered with around 50 employment agencies and received no response back.
i am now in the process of contacting companies direct who i want to work for and sending them my resume and covering letter.

Jobs are tough. very tough market. i miss uk and am planning to return
Old Apr 11th 2013, 6:10 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GS1
I be honest - Ive been here for 2 months and it really suskcs. i dont see anything good about it. jobs are not easy to find at all. ive applied, applied, and applied for jobs and got nothing back at all, even admin roles with basic requriements, ive chopped and changed my resume in line with canada and nothing back.
ive registered with around 50 employment agencies and received no response back.
i am now in the process of contacting companies direct who i want to work for and sending them my resume and covering letter.

I got a job within a few weeks. Was about the 4th position I applied for.

Always apply direct to the employer. Even if they don't have positions advertised they often accept well presented resumes and cover letters just to see who is out there. At the least it shows a bit of initiative which all employers like. If you can make your application stand out in some fashion that's even better. That's just how it works here it seems.

Going through the generic workopolis type sites will get you nowhere. Recruiters aren't much better.

McDonalds are always hiring if you're at a loose end for some cash. National Hiring Day today too...you could have a job by tea time.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 6:10 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ak9
Will depend on the province really.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by GS1

Try Profile Recruitment Consultants and talk to Wendy Harvie. She has a lot of office based temp to perm jobs and will put you to work. She places quite a few foreigners.

The worst thing you can do is allow consultants to fob you off with saying please send your details online etc. Randstand also have lots of temp jobs and keep ringing to speak to a consultant. If they fob you off, ring another branch or try another consultant.

Also given the volume of condo's being built in Canadian cities, might also be worth heading to the building sites, asking the project director and having a word. You never know!
Old Apr 11th 2013, 6:23 pm
ak9
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by orly
I got a job within a few weeks. Was about the 4th position I applied for.

Always apply direct to the employer. Even if they don't have positions advertised they often accept well presented resumes and cover letters just to see who is out there. At the least it shows a bit of initiative which all employers like. If you can make your application stand out in some fashion that's even better. That's just how it works here it seems.

Going through the generic workopolis type sites will get you nowhere. Recruiters aren't much better.

McDonalds are always hiring if you're at a loose end for some cash. National Hiring Day today too...you could have a job by tea time.
Was it a good job - as in something you can make a career out of?? or??
Old Apr 11th 2013, 6:50 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

You have to chase with consultants. We are applying for jobs, and are making use of a few personal connections, and are still having to chase. The job culture in Canada is very passive. If you emailed your resume to a recruiting firm and then never followed up, there's no way that you would hear back. You have to get in touch with the firm, speak to them on the phone, and be persistent. If you expect recruitment to be like it is in the UK, then think again.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

There is a very definite gap in the market for a recruitment consultant placing temp IEC visa applicants and recently arrived expats.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 8:30 pm
The ride never ends

Originally Posted by ak9
Was it a good job - as in something you can make a career out of?? or??
I'm a web designer.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 8:43 pm
ak9
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by orly
I'm a web designer.
That's good then !! Hope yet!! Hopefully as TO is a massive city it will be okay !!
Old Apr 12th 2013, 1:47 pm
ak9
Forum Regular

Hi Everyone,

So, my online check your status thing still hasnt updated - i read in other threads before that sometimes you can go through the whole process without it updating - is that pretty normal?
Or how long did it take others to get their updates online??

How long does it usually take to hit London - does London ever email saying we have your application? Like i got an email from CIC-M. Would it only be the principal applicant who gets the email??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.