Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jul 25th 2013, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

idontlikestrikers has a brilliant futureidontlikestrikers has a brilliant futureidontlikestrikers has a brilliant futureidontlikestrikers has a brilliant futureidontlikestrikers has a brilliant futureidontlikestrikers has a brilliant futureidontlikestrikers has a brilliant future
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by orly
I would be genuinely surprised if there is a single person anywhere else on the planet with the exact same full name as me and if one does happen to exist and has a criminal record then it's probably a good idea that I don't play the lottery as I'm clearly not blessed with good luck.

With respect, there is plenty to worry about when I have to stop work and face redundancy. My employer has bent over backwards thus far for me and I don't intend to throw my hands up and let some numpty in London just hide behind their pseudonyms and one liner emails and screw it up.

With each week it's just more debt for my wife and I to dig out of on the other side. We simply ask for timely processing, as is clearly being afforded to others, so we can get on with our life. No special treatment is being asked for. I'd love everyone to get a fair shake and will be unapologetic in pushing for it. It seems there is a small group of us not getting it. My lawyer and I have impressed this point in "enquiries" which are given glib one line responses or none at all. Also still waiting to hear what excuse they give to our MP.

I'll not just sit and throw appeasing "ha...the government eh? those jesters!" statements.

While it's great for those getting through I feel genuinely sickened at the treatment of other people. I know of folks who don't use this forum who've been waiting longer than me. They all suffer both emotionally and financially as a result. I see people like David Marsden also waiting longer. I envy his restraint in his posts here. None of us are "fakes" looking to skip to a better life. As far as I can tell none of us are criminals or walking diseases waiting to cause an apocalypse. We've taken care and diligence to fully and accurately provide all documentation required.

If this seems unreasonable so be it.
I think its unreasonable the amount of posters on here who stick up for those causing delays that have massive impact on our lives.

So far I have lost:

1. My Canadian job offer was withdrawn because CIC would not answer the employers query on application status.
2. My Canadian wife lost her job when she applied for work permit renewal in our country of residence. This country refused renewal on the basis that Canada was refusing visa's to its citizens and quoted a reciprocal agreement being in breech.
3 As result of 2 we had to leave our home in the third country and return to UK where my Canadian wife was granted only 30 days stay in UK. She cannot apply for more days or PR in the UK unless I withdraw my app for PR in Canada. UKBA also stated that as we both had now lost our jobs my wife did not qualify to reside in the UK and this is partly why they limited her to 30 days in case we went missing.

As a result of this strike my wife and I have both lost jobs and our home, we are neither permitted to live in Canada or UK as man and wife. This doesn't even include the finances

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 27th 2013 at 8:18 am. Reason: Comment about your 'ban' removed as it turns out you weren't banned after all.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 5:36 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by idontlikestrikers
I think its unreasonable the amount of posters on here who stick up for those causing delays that have massive impact on our lives. The last time I posted here I got banned because one poster said my Canadian wife and child had no right to have their husband/father with them in Canada and I should apply to another country because I complained about the delays.

So far I have lost:

1. My Canadian job offer was withdrawn because CIC would not answer the employers query on application status.
2. My Canadian wife lost her job when she applied for work permit renewal in our country of residence. This country refused renewal on the basis that Canada was refusing visa's to its citizens and quoted a reciprocal agreement being in breech.
3 As result of 2 we had to leave our home in the third country and return to UK where my Canadian wife was granted only 30 days stay in UK. She cannot apply for more days or PR in the UK unless I withdraw my app for PR in Canada. UKBA also stated that as we both had now lost our jobs my wife did not qualify to reside in the UK and this is partly why they limited her to 30 days in case we went missing.

As a result of this strike my wife and I have both lost jobs and our home, we are neither permitted to live in Canada or UK as man and wife. This doesn't even include the finances
Please refrain from commenting on Moderator actions per site rule 15.

You are obviously caught in between a rock and a hard place and it must be awful for you - so my sympathies for what you and your family are going through.

One question, though, what is stopping you from coming to Canada as a visitor and living with your wife whilst PR is going through? She would be able to work in Canada - even if you couldn't initially.

It's perfectly acceptable to come to Canada as a visitor whilst PR is being processed - it's called 'dual intent' - and if you show proof of your application at the border the likelihood is that you will be given 12 months to allow everything to go through.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2009/ob131.asp

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 25th 2013 at 5:41 pm.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

idontlikestrikers has a brilliant futureidontlikestrikers has a brilliant futureidontlikestrikers has a brilliant futureidontlikestrikers has a brilliant futureidontlikestrikers has a brilliant futureidontlikestrikers has a brilliant futureidontlikestrikers has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by siouxie
Please refrain from commenting on Moderator actions per site rule 15.

You are obviously caught in between a rock and a hard place and it must be awful for you - so my sympathies for what you and your family are going through.

One question, though, what is stopping you from coming to Canada as a visitor and living with your wife whilst PR is going through? She would be able to work in Canada - even if you couldn't initially.

It's perfectly acceptable to come to Canada as a visitor whilst PR is being processed - it's called 'dual intent' - and if you show proof of your application at the border the likelihood is that you will be given 12 months to allow everything to go through.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2009/ob131.asp

How about the need to work and the declaration my wife had to sign that I would not be a burden on Canada because of unemployment etc? I want to work and my wife wants to work. What you suggest is unemployment for up to ?? and a severe reduction in savings. I am the main bread winner.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 6:32 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

How about the need to work and the declaration my wife had to sign that I would not be a burden on Canada because of unemployment etc? I want to work and my wife wants to work. What you suggest is unemployment for up to ?? and a severe reduction in savings. I am the main bread winner.
But neither of you are working now, according to your previous post - so isn't some income (one income) better than none if you can be together?

There is no reason why you can't come and be in Canada as a visitor.

What your wife signed was that she would be fiscally responsible for you, that if at any time in the 3 years after you have gained PR you were to go on social assistance she would have to repay it.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

But neither of you are working now, according to your previous post - so isn't some income (one income) better than none if you can be together?

There is no reason why you can't come and be in Canada as a visitor.

What your wife signed was that she would be fiscally responsible for you, that if at any time in the 3 years after you have gained PR you were to go on social assistance she would have to repay it.
+1
Old Jul 25th 2013, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

leg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant future

Hello! Please can McCrone be added to the spreadsheet: App recieved 18th March, sponsor approved 11th april, common-law and test results have been recieved.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

We both had jobs until CIC/Unions messed it up for us so that rather adds insult to injury justifying their actions. Its rather like saying the victim of theft is ok because he was insured and as such the thief did no damage.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 7:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

We both had jobs until CIC/Unions messed it up for us so that rather adds insult to injury justifying their actions. Its rather like saying the victim of theft is ok because he was insured and as such the thief did no damage.
I'm still not getting the link between the things you've listed above and CIC. If you had a Canadian job offer, why wouldn't CIC answer the employers query on the status of the LMO application?

Why are you saying you're not permitted to live in Canada as man and wife, have you been banned or similar?

Sorry, but a lot of what you're saying just doesn't make sense! If you can clarify somebody can try and help.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leg89
Hello! Please can McCrone be added to the spreadsheet: App recieved 18th March, sponsor approved 11th april, common-law and test results have been recieved.
Done...x
Old Jul 25th 2013, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I'm still not getting the link between the things you've listed above and CIC. If you had a Canadian job offer, why wouldn't CIC answer the employers query on the status of the LMO application?.
Well they did not answer and the employer got fed up and withdrew the offer knowing they were on strike and unlikely to answer. It was not an LMO I am sponsored by my wife - and an employer offered me a job at the 9 month stage thinking it would not be long. We reached about 10 months before the employer asked CIC for a status check and withdrew his offer when he got no response.

Why are you saying you're not permitted to live in Canada as man and wife, have you been banned or similar?
My Canadian wife is only allowed 30 days in the UK because of my application for PR in Canada which has been stalled because of strike action. We cannot live as man and wife in Canada as without PR delayed by strike action I have lost all right to work and I cannot support her there. I have to earn a wage.

Sorry, but a lot of what you're saying just doesn't make sense! If you can clarify somebody can try and help.
It may not make sense but my wife and I both lost jobs because of the strike issue. It doesn't make sense to us and the question you are asking is what CIC and PAFSO should be answering.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 10:09 pm
Banned

Well they did not answer and the employer got fed up and withdrew the offer knowing they were on strike and unlikely to answer. It was not an LMO I am sponsored by my wife - and an employer offered me a job at the 9 month stage thinking it would not be long. We reached about 10 months before the employer asked CIC for a status check and withdrew his offer when he got no response.

My Canadian wife is only allowed 30 days in the UK because of my application for PR in Canada which has been stalled because of strike action. We cannot live as man and wife in Canada as without PR delayed by strike action I have lost all right to work and I cannot support her there. I have to earn a wage.

It may not make sense but my wife and I both lost jobs because of the strike issue. It doesn't make sense to us and the question you are asking is what CIC and PAFSO should be answering.
It is very unfortunate and I do sympathise with your situation, however, saying you are not allowed to live in Canada as man and wife isn't actually true - the fact is (due to financial considerations) you are choosing to remain in the UK until such time as your PR comes through. Was there no way your potential employer would have considered applying for an LMO so you could get a TWP at the time?

I fully understand the reasons behind your decision but it is a choice not a government restriction.

I truly hope that your PR comes through soon and you can be reunited as a family and start to live a normal life again.

Take care.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 25th 2013 at 11:51 pm.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 10:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Did he really expect a response?! There's no way that CIC would release confidential info about your application to a third party, they won't even release it to an immigration lawyer unless you've signed a form to allow them to do so.

As Siouxie has said, you can go and live in Canada as husband and wife but you've chosen not to, for understandable reasons. But if neither of you are working now anyway, then maybe you could look at moving to Canada where at least your wife could work (and you could always try for a LMO)?

I'd also suggest you re-read the info above about the strike, as that shouldn't be delaying your application.

When did you first apply, via which visa office and what do your CAIPS notes say, do they show any reason for the delay?

Best of luck to you, I hope you hear soon.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

dmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant future

On another note... looking to the future... Does anyone know what the requirements are for residency AFTER gaining PR status? i.e., what are the requirements for gaining citizenship? I don't think we will be living in Canada forever after gaining PR, but applying was necessary because there was no other way of my partner being able to work (he has already participated in IEC max number of times). We don't want to stay here forever (maybe 3-5yrs...?) but it would be ridiculous to give up the chance to gain citizenship after all this, lose PR status and the opportunity to come back. Anyone know anything about this? Unfortunately this means we will inevitably have to go through a similar PR process for me in my partner's home country... ughh...
Old Jul 25th 2013, 11:50 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dmiller
On another note... looking to the future... Does anyone know what the requirements are for residency AFTER gaining PR status? i.e., what are the requirements for gaining citizenship? I don't think we will be living in Canada forever after gaining PR, but applying was necessary because there was no other way of my partner being able to work (he has already participated in IEC max number of times). We don't want to stay here forever (maybe 3-5yrs...?) but it would be ridiculous to give up the chance to gain citizenship after all this, lose PR status and the opportunity to come back. Anyone know anything about this? Unfortunately this means we will inevitably have to go through a similar PR process for me in my partner's home country... ughh...
CIC has all the details

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizen...ligibility.asp
Old Jul 25th 2013, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

dmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant future

Thanks Siouxie! What about requirements in terms of retaining PR? Like, if we moved away a year after gaining PR before applying for Citizenship, then wanted to return 5-10 years later.. would the PR status still stand or would we have to go through everything again? Anyone know? Thx!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.