Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 28th 2014, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

rnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud of
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Sorry - meant ghostlady!!! Lol
Old Feb 28th 2014, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

ghostlady is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rnccominghome
Sorry - meant ghostlady!!! Lol
rnccominghome - You must be having a nice stressful time too then haha! Getting this so early has really relieved a lot.

It hasn't updated on ecas at all. We didn't get an email or anything just a signed delivery in the post. Still just showing application and medicals received.
Old Feb 28th 2014, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

rnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud of

Yeah - the waiting is killing us! Lol.

Will all work out in the end

Good luck with everything!!
Old Mar 1st 2014, 9:28 am
Just Joined

WranGler12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Whoooop Whoooop! My COPR arrived in the post this Morning! its dated 26/02/14. please can someone update the spreadsheet! Thanks again for all the information.
Old Mar 1st 2014, 2:54 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Updated - congrats!
Old Mar 1st 2014, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

JohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant future

An update!

Today we gladly received our COPR in the post, which we didn't sign for by the way!

Our ECAS is still showing as 'In Process' but we have our certificate which is all that matters!

We owe a lot of thanks to a lot of people on this forum, like Schnookoloy and Siouxie, for instance.

But i'll digest the news and speak more about that later.
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 1:00 am
Just Joined

samarah.arafat is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!! Looks like you've been 'In Process' quite a while, so that's amazing news! All the best

Originally Posted by JohnDerry
An update!

Today we gladly received our COPR in the post, which we didn't sign for by the way!

Our ECAS is still showing as 'In Process' but we have our certificate which is all that matters!

We owe a lot of thanks to a lot of people on this forum, like Schnookoloy and Siouxie, for instance.

Old Mar 2nd 2014, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

JohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by samarah.arafat
Congratulations!! Looks like you've been 'In Process' quite a while, so that's amazing news! All the best
Indeed!

We were 'In Process' for two months and it did seem that it would never end.

But, we've got it now and that's all that matters.

Thanks for your congratulations and, hopefully, we'll all be enjoying the same good news soon.
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 11:18 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

An update!

Congrats - and thank you!

Great news

Old Mar 3rd 2014, 12:42 pm
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future

Hey...

So I am applying for common-law sponsorship and although I live in Canada I want to do an Outland application.
where can i find the documents to this?
I can only seem to find the documents for an inland application which states to send your completed application to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario.
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 12:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snuggs
Hey...

So I am applying for common-law sponsorship and although I live in Canada I want to do an Outland application.
where can i find the documents to this?
I can only seem to find the documents for an inland application which states to send your completed application to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario.
Here you go - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cations/fc.asp

HTH.
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 12:55 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

An update!

You are very welcome! Glad it's all sorted!

(Sorry for slow response, wasn't around this weekend!)
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 1:12 pm
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future

Thanks... I had that link I was confused where it states at the bottom to mail the application to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario.
As I want to apply OUTLAND I assume I use the same forms and send it to London Uk processing office? ( where can i find that address? )

Also... I am currently reading the Guide 3901E ( appendix ) for my country ( UK ) and it states all the documents I need...

Can anyone confirm if you need to complete a medical exam before sending your application? I thought you do them only if they request one further into the application.

Also do you need a Canadian police check if your currently living here? ( I'm here on IEC )
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 1:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks... I had that link I was confused where it states at the bottom to mail the application to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario.
As I want to apply OUTLAND I assume I use the same forms and send it to London Uk processing office? ( where can i find that address? )
No! You send it to Mississauga even if applying Outland - it then gets sent on to London if approved for processing.

Can anyone confirm if you need to complete a medical exam before sending your application? I thought you do them only if they request one further into the application.
Yes, you do need to do one before sending off the application.

Also do you need a Canadian police check if your currently living here? ( I'm here on IEC )
No, you don't.

Don't assume anything, don't include things they don't ask for or not include things they do ask for - just follow the guide and checklist, and that's what you need to send.

HTH good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 3rd 2014 at 1:19 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

prairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond repute

Also... I am currently reading the Guide 3901E ( appendix ) for my country ( UK ) and it states all the documents I need...

I know it all looks really scary and daunting, but work your way systematically and methodically through each form and read all the instructions carefully, and you will be fine. In my opinion they are written in much plainer English than a UK passport form instructions.

If it helps, there is a place on one of the forms where you write in which office you want to process your application - on there you write London.

You send your whole application to Mississauga and they will then send the relevant parts off to London after they make a decision on sponsor approval.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.