Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 26th 2014, 2:11 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Spreadsheet below!
Old Feb 26th 2014, 11:39 am
Just Joined

DavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of light

Having update online regarding the birth of our twins, some 6 weeks later I have had the following email response:

Please send in the following documents if children have not been born in Canada.

Documents for your new baby:
Processing fee of $150 CAD (This fee must be paid by way of bank draft)
4 x passport size photographs
Long form birth certificate
Copy of passport biopage
Updated IMM08 form
Updated IMM5406- additional family info forms for Principal Applicant and spouse.

Does anyone know why there is a processing charge of a whopping 150$ Which I need as much as a brick in the face right now? Also do they need us to get Canadian passports now for the babies or UK ones? I have of course sent an email back but will probably not get a reply for six weeks!

Memo to self - don't apply for permanent residence to Canada whilst having newborn twins, the stress kills you!! Not to mention the financial burden!!
Old Feb 26th 2014, 12:21 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DavidandClaire
Having update online regarding the birth of our twins, some 6 weeks later I have had the following email response:

Please send in the following documents if children have not been born in Canada.

Documents for your new baby:
Processing fee of $150 CAD (This fee must be paid by way of bank draft)
4 x passport size photographs
Long form birth certificate
Copy of passport biopage
Updated IMM08 form
Updated IMM5406- additional family info forms for Principal Applicant and spouse.

Does anyone know why there is a processing charge of a whopping 150$ Which I need as much as a brick in the face right now? Also do they need us to get Canadian passports now for the babies or UK ones? I have of course sent an email back but will probably not get a reply for six weeks!

Memo to self - don't apply for permanent residence to Canada whilst having newborn twins, the stress kills you!! Not to mention the financial burden!!
It sounds like they think your kids aren't Canadian... if it were me, I'd write back and say we are in the process of getting their CANADIAN passports sorted.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

DavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
It sounds like they think your kids aren't Canadian... if it were me, I'd write back and say we are in the process of getting their CANADIAN passports sorted.
Many thanks, That's what I reckon as looking on the website the charge of 150$ is for additional family members under 22. Well I'm damned if I'm going to send 300$ for no reason. Grrrr very annoying indeed.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks, That's what I reckon as looking on the website the charge of 150$ is for additional family members under 22. Well I'm damned if I'm going to send 300$ for no reason. Grrrr very annoying indeed.
And now the six week wait for them to read that email!
Old Feb 26th 2014, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

nicolasta is an unknown quantity at this point

Interestingly we actually included $300 for our two kiddies (5 & 9), and did all the other stuff medicals etc. just in case, even though the husband is Canadian. When Mississauga approved my husband as a sponsor they also sent us a refund of $300. Sounds like someone didn't read your information properly.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nicolasta
Interestingly we actually included $300 for our two kiddies (5 & 9), and did all the other stuff medicals etc. just in case, even though the husband is Canadian. When Mississauga approved my husband as a sponsor they also sent us a refund of $300. Sounds like someone didn't read your information properly.
Thanks for the info! I wish I could resolve this with a 5 minute telephone call
Old Feb 26th 2014, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

Did you already have Canadian passports for the kids as looking on the website it suggests it could be up to 12 months to get proof of citizenship certificate in order to apply for Canadian passports???
Old Feb 26th 2014, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

nicolasta is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you already have Canadian passports for the kids as looking on the website it suggests it could be up to 12 months to get proof of citizenship certificate in order to apply for Canadian passports???
Nope not at all. They are Irish passport holders currently. I did read that it would take 12 months to get their Canadian pasports, hence we included them in my sponsorship application just in case!
Old Feb 26th 2014, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Nope not at all. They are Irish passport holders currently. I did read that it would take 12 months to get their Canadian pasports, hence we included them in my sponsorship application just in case!
Do you plan on landing with their Irish passports then, eventually, or hope a Canadian passport will be through by then?
Old Feb 26th 2014, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

Krisandbecky is an unknown quantity at this point

Just an update for spreadsheet, sponsor approval today.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 6:22 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Get them UK passports and let them travel on those, apply for Canadian passports once you get to Canada.

I wonder if you can defer getting their Citizenship Certificates until you get to Canada as well - it's 6 months for the certificate if applying in Canada - I presume they could enter as visitors if necessary?

Old Feb 26th 2014, 6:26 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Krisandbecky
Just an update for spreadsheet, sponsor approval today.
Done, congrats!
Old Feb 26th 2014, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Get them UK passports and let them travel on those, apply for Canadian passports once you get to Canada.

I wonder if you can defer getting their Citizenship Certificates until you get to Canada as well - it's 6 months for the certificate if applying in Canada - I presume they could enter as visitors if necessary?

I presume so?!?

But one thing I'm almost certain of is that they don't need to apply for PR and cost me another 300$.. I now just need to convince immigration of that fact!
Old Feb 26th 2014, 6:46 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I presume so?!?

But one thing I'm almost certain of is that they don't need to apply for PR and cost me another 300$.. I now just need to convince immigration of that fact!
Send a copy of their birth certificates together with a copy of proof your Canadian Citizenship (certificate or passport) and remind them that the children are Canadian Citizens by descent and therefore do not require sponsorship; you will need to add them to the additional family information forms.

If you have received an email from them, use the same email to respond to them or else send a case specific enquiry, scan and attach the documents required and ask if they require any further information in order to finalise the application.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.