Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 27th 2013, 11:23 am
Just Joined

deanp89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by rnccominghome
Hello All!

I am currently putting together my application for my husbands (a UK citizen) sponsorship and had a few questions about filling out the forms...Through spouse, and I am a Canadian citizen - we have on child born in the UK (waiting for his citizenship certificate), and my husband has a son from a previous relationship who will be staying in the UK.

Apologies is this has been asked a million times, but I think I have read everything so many times I have information overload

1. Who do we need to supply pictures for?
2. As I am living and working in the UK, do I need to supply a letter from employer? I know I don't have to supply an option c printout...

If there is any more information, or things that people found confusing that might assist me - that would be fantastic?

To be added to the spreadsheet shortly

Nikki
Hi.

I'm fairly new to this forum but we used pictures as proof our relationship. It said supply 8 on the immigration checklist I think but we sent off over 35 with a little explanation on the back stating the date, location of the picture.

Whatever they asked for, we supplied that and more. My partner and I both thought well maybe having too much is better than having not enough and the application getting refused.

We never got a letter from her employer instead used wage slips and an end of year p60 and also proof of funds that she has in Canada. It wasn't in the guidelines but we provided a financial plan and a plan of action for when we first land. It could be irrelevant but yet again we thought more is better than not enough.

Best of luck!
Old Nov 27th 2013, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

mrpsv is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there, would like to give a quick update. Mississauga received my application on 5th november, not 1st

do i now have to wait 28 days from that date to hear back about the sponsorship being approved?
Old Nov 27th 2013, 2:57 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deanp89
Hi.

I'm fairly new to this forum but we used pictures as proof our relationship. It said supply 8 on the immigration checklist I think but we sent off over 35 with a little explanation on the back stating the date, location of the picture.

Whatever they asked for, we supplied that and more. My partner and I both thought well maybe having too much is better than having not enough and the application getting refused.

We never got a letter from her employer instead used wage slips and an end of year p60 and also proof of funds that she has in Canada. It wasn't in the guidelines but we provided a financial plan and a plan of action for when we first land. It could be irrelevant but yet again we thought more is better than not enough.

Best of luck!
The 8 photos requested were photos of yourself which are required as part of the immigration application in order to process it - for medical documentation, CIC records, PR card and etc. It did not refer to photos showing your relationship.

Hope you sent them!
Old Nov 27th 2013, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

poppy88 is an unknown quantity at this point

so sent application off in october, it was sent back after 3 weeks after i had stupidly forgot to sign a form, we had to change a minor detail and printed it off and forgot to sign, kicking ourselves now.

anyway can i be added to the sheet, application received by missi on 7th november, medicals done oct 1st
when i try to log in, do i use my partners uci, (sponsor) and his details, or my uci and my details, or his uci and my details etc, can;t seem to sign in

thanks for the help

from england, living in vancouver, british passport
Old Nov 27th 2013, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by poppy88
so sent application off in october, it was sent back after 3 weeks after i had stupidly forgot to sign a form, we had to change a minor detail and printed it off and forgot to sign, kicking ourselves now.

anyway can i be added to the sheet, application received by missi on 7th november, medicals done oct 1st
when i try to log in, do i use my partners uci, (sponsor) and his details, or my uci and my details, or his uci and my details etc, can;t seem to sign in

thanks for the help

from england, living in vancouver, british passport
D'oh! It's easily done. I had to run back to the post office hours after I'd left it with them to change a form...made a correction, printed it, and left the wrong one in. Oops. Caught them in time fortunately!

Anyways, you can log in with both details but be aware it might take a little while longer for your details to be uploaded on the system for you to check. If you use yours, you can only the permanent resident status. If you use your sponsors details, you can see both the first stage sponsorship status and PR status. Make sure you use England not UK as country of birth for you details. UCI worked for me.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

poppy88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by markstimson
D'oh! It's easily done. I had to run back to the post office hours after I'd left it with them to change a form...made a correction, printed it, and left the wrong one in. Oops. Caught them in time fortunately!

Anyways, you can log in with both details but be aware it might take a little while longer for your details to be uploaded on the system for you to check. If you use yours, you can only the permanent resident status. If you use your sponsors details, you can see both the first stage sponsorship status and PR status. Make sure you use England not UK as country of birth for you details. UCI worked for me.
just called CIC and they told me there is a technical problem and even she was unable to access my account/file/case/life changing paperwork, she sent me an email immediately that i can fill out and th problem should be resolved, first time calling CIC and good experience, although first lady i spoke to her french accent was so thick we couldn't understand each other, i was just telling her its a family class, and she had no idea.
anyway hopefully it will be sorted
Old Nov 27th 2013, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrpsv
hi there, would like to give a quick update. Mississauga received my application on 5th november, not 1st

do i now have to wait 28 days from that date to hear back about the sponsorship being approved?
I think 28 days is the average. A lot of people have heard back quicker than that, some have taken longer. Your sponsor will receive an email upon a decision being made as to whether they have been approved or not.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

mrpsv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by burks
I think 28 days is the average. A lot of people have heard back quicker than that, some have taken longer. Your sponsor will receive an email upon a decision being made as to whether they have been approved or not.
thanks
Old Nov 28th 2013, 12:33 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrpsv
thanks
Spreadsheet linked in my signature will give you a pretty good idea!
Old Nov 28th 2013, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Sweetman1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel bad for this post as I just received my COPR and it took a total of only 2 months! I've no idea why it was so fast. All I can say is that my application was 100% complete, I had an upfront medical and I paid all the fees upfront as well. Other than that it must have been luck! COPR was dated Nov 14th.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 2:58 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! The speed is a reflection of your completeness and damn good luck!
Old Nov 28th 2013, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

Sweetman1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Congratulations! The speed is a reflection of your completeness and damn good luck!
Thank you! It was in processing Nov 1st but not sure when the decision was made.

Last edited by Sweetman1987; Nov 28th 2013 at 3:06 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2013, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

sean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a question regarding this:

What conditional permanent residence means for you
If you have been granted conditional permanent residence, you must live together with your sponsor in a legitimate relationship for two years from the day you receive conditional permanent residence. The condition ends after the two-year period. (From here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...ponsorship.asp)

If my Canadian wife and I land and activate my pr in, say January, and then return to the uk because we both currently work here, then my wife gets a job in canada that starts in march, but I want to stay on in the uk for a few more weeks until I wrap things up here and see out my notice, is that ok? Does that violate the living together part of the condition mentioned above?
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sean75
I have a question regarding this:

What conditional permanent residence means for you
If you have been granted conditional permanent residence, you must live together with your sponsor in a legitimate relationship for two years from the day you receive conditional permanent residence. The condition ends after the two-year period. (From here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...ponsorship.asp)

If my Canadian wife and I land and activate my pr in, say January, and then return to the uk because we both currently work here, then my wife gets a job in canada that starts in march, but I want to stay on in the uk for a few more weeks until I wrap things up here and see out my notice, is that ok? Does that violate the living together part of the condition mentioned above?
How long have you been in married and before that in a common law relationship? If the answer is more than two years, it doesn't apply. You are allowed short breaks for work and travel even with this condition. Depends what you mean by a few weeks.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

sean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markstimson
How long have you been in married and before that in a common law relationship? If the answer is more than two years, it doesn't apply. You are allowed short breaks for work and travel even with this condition. Depends what you mean by a few weeks.
Thanks for the reply. We'd be subject to the condition.

I was imagining a scenario where my wife gets her job, gives her one month notice at her uk job and starts immediately following in March. I give my notice at the same time, but it's two months long, so I have to remain behind an extra four weeks, or thereabouts.

So I want to understand if the living together condition is hard and fast for the two years following the landing, or if there's leeway to be apart for any period, and what that may be in terms of length and allowable purpose. I hope this won't be an issue at all, but I want to know the rules so I can be sure to not to violate them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.