Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 12th 2014, 3:15 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by canuck81
Thank you, you have made me feel better, I sent it yesterday and sent them a message straight after informing them. I am also sending them a scan of the certificate too. Fingers crossed
No worries. I've also updated you on the spreadsheet to show extra docs requested. Good luck!!
Old Mar 13th 2014, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

canuck81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by boaly100
My wife is traveling back to Canada on Thursday but my PR is not through yet. I am planning going on the 2nd April as a visitor and wait for PR to come through in Canada. But to arrive in Canada do I need to have a return flight ticket as well as proof of all supporting info to do with application as I'm only a visitor waiting for PR. My PR application is coming up to the average processing time now.
Hi, I used to work with your wife at Oakfields, I see she has left today, goodluck with everything, my fingers are crossed for you and my husband that your PR cards come through quickly and you guys can start your new lives in Canada very soon. Good luck with everything
Old Mar 13th 2014, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

apt2208 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by apt2208
Hi all,

I am a September 2013 applicant awaiting my PR via the married spousal sponsorship route through London. We are coming up to the average processing time as per the spreadsheet but have not heard anything and ECAS just says application received and medical results received. Do you think I should contact the London Visa office or will they not reply because we are still within the 10 months processing time?

I am kind of loosing my patience and was hoping to have atleast been 'in process' by now.

I would appreciate some advice. Thanks!
So I sent the case specific email two days ago and as expected this is the response i got 'Please note your file is currently awaiting officer review, we will be in touch if any additional information is required.'

I hope once they look at my file it is processed quickly. Being apart from my husband is killing me
Old Mar 13th 2014, 2:45 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

So I sent the case specific email two days ago and as expected this is the response i got 'Please note your file is currently awaiting officer review, we will be in touch if any additional information is required.'

I hope once they look at my file it is processed quickly. Being apart from my husband is killing me
You know you can go to Canada as a visitor while you wait, right?
Old Mar 13th 2014, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
You know you can go to Canada as a visitor while you wait, right?
Yes, I generally go and visit every few months for a few weeks. The reason I'm not waiting there is because of work. I have a good job here and my manager is trying to get me a transfer so I can continue to work for the same company when I get out there permanently. I have decided to wait until the end of May. If my PR doesnt come through by then, I'll re-evaluate. We are just trying to be practical on the financial side of things but there is a heavy price to pay emotionally.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

Yes, I generally go and visit every few months for a few weeks. The reason I'm not waiting there is because of work. I have a good job here and my manager is trying to get me a transfer so I can continue to work for the same company when I get out there permanently. I have decided to wait until the end of May. If my PR doesnt come through by then, I'll re-evaluate. We are just trying to be practical on the financial side of things but there is a heavy price to pay emotionally.
I am separated from my husband too, our children and I moved to Canada in August for them to start school in September. He came over at Christmas for 3 weeks, like you financially we need him to continue working in the UK, so waiting over here in Canada for his PR is not practical. I feel for you, it is nice to know I am not alone, missing your partner is such an emotional rollercoaster, and so much more for the children, they just do not have an understanding of time. Anyways, good luck with everything, and fingers crossed for everyone on this forum still awaiting their loved ones
Old Mar 13th 2014, 3:13 am
Concierge

Ah yes, that makes sense.

I can completely sympathize, though. My husband (the Brit in this pair) had a job offer to start at the beginning of September... we realised AFTER he got his job offer that I would qualify for my British citizenship at the *end* of September... since I was in the UK as an EU person, it's 5 years residency, not 3, ot get citizenship... so it made no sense to move at 4 year, 11 months, and 1 week. So we decided to do long distance until my citizenship came through, so that I could keep my job awhile longer, and I would just travel back and forth. I didn't move permanently until December, so luckily it was only 3 months that we were doing long distance.

It really sucks I feel for you - and canuck81, just saw your post as well, that's even worse with the kids being separated.

Hopefully you both are through soon and you will all be reunited, and you can put the separation behind you.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

Ah yes, that makes sense.

I can completely sympathize, though. My husband (the Brit in this pair) had a job offer to start at the beginning of September... we realised AFTER he got his job offer that I would qualify for my British citizenship at the *end* of September... since I was in the UK as an EU person, it's 5 years residency, not 3, ot get citizenship... so it made no sense to move at 4 year, 11 months, and 1 week. So we decided to do long distance until my citizenship came through, so that I could keep my job awhile longer, and I would just travel back and forth. I didn't move permanently until December, so luckily it was only 3 months that we were doing long distance.

It really sucks I feel for you - and canuck81, just saw your post as well, that's even worse with the kids being separated.

Hopefully you both are through soon and you will all be reunited, and you can put the separation behind you.
It's a shame immigration is a barrier in relationships but that's life and lots of people have done it and survived. So im sure all of us still waiting like eager beavers will survive too. As my husband said today it makes you appreciate one another more.

I think I got my hopes up for it coming through really soon as I hit the average processing time according to the spreadsheet but like Jim Humphries & SchnookoLoly said previously processing timings can vary for each person.

The wait continues and good luck with everything for all those waiting.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 3:51 am
RHC
Forum Regular

RHC is just really niceRHC is just really niceRHC is just really niceRHC is just really niceRHC is just really niceRHC is just really niceRHC is just really niceRHC is just really niceRHC is just really niceRHC is just really nice

I am separated from my husband too, our children and I moved to Canada in August for them to start school in September. He came over at Christmas for 3 weeks, like you financially we need him to continue working in the UK, so waiting over herefois not practical. I feel for you, it is nice to know I am not alone, missing your partner is such an emotional rollercoaster, and so much more for the children, they just do not have an understanding of time. Anyways, good luck with everything, and fingers crossed for everyone on this forum still awaiting their loved ones
I too can competely sympathize with you and everyone on here in a similar situation, although I'm sure children make it so much more difficult. I got married to my Canadian girlfriend back in September after being in a long-distance relationship for two years. Nothing really changed although starting married life to only be together for brief periods whilst we wait for PR seems to have made missing each other so much worse. Skype is a real lifesaver enabling some sense of normal daily contact. Thanks to each of the contributors on this forum who really help keep us applicants grounded and sane!

Fingers crossed for everyone on here that their application is dealt with quickly and congratulations to those who have already heard!
Old Mar 13th 2014, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RHC
I too can competely sympathize with you and everyone on here in a similar situation, although I'm sure children make it so much more difficult. I got married to my Canadian girlfriend back in September after being in a long-distance relationship for two years. Nothing really changed although starting married life to only be together for brief periods whilst we wait for PR seems to have made missing each other so much worse. Skype is a real lifesaver enabling some sense of normal daily contact. Thanks to each of the contributors on this forum who really help keep us applicants grounded and sane!

Fingers crossed for everyone on here that their application is dealt with quickly and congratulations to those who have already heard!
I am sure we will all look back in a couple of years and say it actually didn't feel that long! However, while we are in the middle of it, it just seems to be never ending! Congratulations on your marriage, it must be so hard to be separated in the beginning, my husband and I have been married for 9 years, together for 13 (we have been together since we were 20 and 22, backpacking around OZ), this is our first time being separated for such a long time. I had lived in the UK since Feb 2002, only moving back to Canada this past August. My husband works away from home so we are used to him being away for a couple weeks at a time, but 6 months (with only a 3 week visit inbetween) has been really trying on us and the kids. Skype like you say is a lifesaver, and being apart also proves the theory that distance makes the heart grow fonder, lol it has made us realise how much we still love each other. Again I will keep my fingers crossed and say a little prayer that we all hear some good news soon
Old Mar 13th 2014, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

I am separated from my husband too, our children and I moved to Canada in August for them to start school in September. He came over at Christmas for 3 weeks, like you financially we need him to continue working in the UK, so waiting over here in Canada for his PR is not practical. I feel for you, it is nice to know I am not alone, missing your partner is such an emotional rollercoaster, and so much more for the children, they just do not have an understanding of time. Anyways, good luck with everything, and fingers crossed for everyone on this forum still awaiting their loved ones
Originally Posted by RHC

I really sympathise with you canuck81, I can only imagine what the children must be going through. Its hard for us as grown ups to deal with being apart but for children they don't have the same understanding. I do hope you are all together soon.

Just to echo RHC's comments a big thank you to all the contributors, you really do help to make each day a little easier
Old Mar 13th 2014, 4:14 am
Concierge

It's helpful to know that you aren't alone going through it, that there are others in the same boat, and having an outlet like this certainly makes it a bit easier to get through it. As you have said, you then look back on it and it seems like ages ago... you will feel amazing when your other halves walk through that immigration door as Canadian PRs and you are reunited. It's a fantastic feeling. Going up to the customs officer and saying I was returning home after 5 years away... that was awesome. She smiled as she stamped my papers and said "Welcome home." That was great.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

It's helpful to know that you aren't alone going through it, that there are others in the same boat, and having an outlet like this certainly makes it a bit easier to get through it. As you have said, you then look back on it and it seems like ages ago... you will feel amazing when your other halves walk through that immigration door as Canadian PRs and you are reunited. It's a fantastic feeling. Going up to the customs officer and saying I was returning home after 5 years away... that was awesome. She smiled as she stamped my papers and said "Welcome home." That was great.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

I really sympathise with you canuck81, I can only imagine what the children must be going through. Its hard for us as grown ups to deal with being apart but for children they don't have the same understanding. I do hope you are all together soon.

Just to echo RHC's comments a big thank you to all the contributors, you really do help to make each day a little easier
Thank you, this site really does help me, when I am having one of those days where I don't think I can wait anymore, I read the posts on here and somehow they always make me feel better
Old Mar 13th 2014, 6:57 am
Just Joined

Heppster will become famous soon enoughHeppster will become famous soon enough

Hello All!!

Despite utter chaos in our household and ready to give up, the last two weeks due to events not involving CIC, CIC came to the rescue...well maybe it was the fortune cookie from last night that read, "You will achieve most of your goals tomorrow". My wife has finally been asked for her passport so that London can finalize our application. SO EXCITED! The way that the email was worded I know beyond a doubt that the decision is a positive one. Now it is just a matter of getting the passport sent off tomorrow, get the Visa and COPR, and wait for Royal Mail to return the Passport with the Visa and the COPR! Today turned out to be a great day for my wife and I!

I honestly was not expecting this to happen, and guess what? ECAS still says, "Application Received." I looked last night and like always got frustrated that there has not been movement. So for those of you waiting and refreshing that page all the time, don't bother wasting your time. You may actually be doing yourself more harm than good checking ECAS because chances are that CIC is farther along the processing your application than what ECAS says.

We ordered our Electronic Case notes and they should be ready by the 2nd of April... I jumped the gun there too, but at least we will have a complete record from start to finish on what their thoughts were.

I will update you all when we get the COPR and visa, hopefully within 3 weeks from now!

For those still waiting, keep your head up, your DM is coming, its just a matter of time.

Heppster

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.