Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 22nd 2014, 4:31 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
One gets a temporary residence permit, not a visa.
Sorry - I meant record not permit.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 1:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boaly100
Hi all I have decided that I am going to Canada as visitor to be with my wife and wait for my PR to come through over there. Ideally I was hoping that the PR would have come through now but no such luck. I have booked a return flight for the 2nd April and to return on the 27th Jun hopefully it wont be needed.

I have made sure that I have all the documentation that I need just in case immigration ask any questions but I cant shake that thought that I will be one those people that you see on the Border Force Programme getting kicked back out of the country. Although I know I'm unable to work and have no intention of doing so (to much to loose if I get caught). I will have to walk through immigration with a whole load of work equipment as I am a tree surgeon I will be bringing all my climbing gear with me (as its not cost effective to sell in UK and buy new stuff over in Canada). I'm sure it will be all fine but you still have those doubts in your head.

But if anybody else has been through this experience I would love to hear there thoughts.
I wouldn't bring it in as a visitor as in the worst case scenario you could be refused entry. Any goods used for a business are not exempt taxes as per Customs Memorandum D2-2-1 as highlighted here
Goods Not Admissible

13. The following are examples of goods which are not admissible under tariff item No. 9807.00.00 and are to be classified under the appropriate provision of the Customs Tariff:
(a) goods for the accommodation of others, for sale or hire, or for use in a business or manufacturing establishment, or as contractors’ outfits, such as office equipment and furniture, dental chairs, welding equipment, metal and woodworking machines, vehicles and trailers for commercial use;

I would wait until you get PR status then bring them in as goods to follow. Dependent on the value and quantity of the goods you may end up paying taxes on the Canadian value of the goods. Any working tools/goods in a visitors possession attracts attention.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...1-eng.html#_a9
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

akki464 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello every1
Just need some advise as we are all in the same situation.
Application sent 04 feb 2014
My wife (in ca)received an email on 05 feb 2014
(This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/02/12 on behalf of the following member(s)
But still there is no response from CiC. how do I know that my application is approved and send it to london office.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 3:26 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

The processing centre will send it automatically to the visa office indicated in the application. Relax. You may not hear anything for some months now.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

The processing centre will send it automatically to the visa office indicated in the application. Relax. You may not hear anything for some months now.
They haven't received sponsor approval yet though.. only confirmation of receipt in Mississauga. Should have heard by now shouldn't they? Especially if they had the receipt confirmation...
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 3:33 pm

Yes that seems new. Still approval is almost automatic if the application is complete.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by akki464
Hello every1
(This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/02/12 on behalf of the following member(s)
But still there is no response from CiC. how do I know that my application is approved and send it to london office.
Can you check online using ecas?

Yes that seems new. Still approval is almost automatic if the application is complete.
My sponsor received approval 24 hours after receiving receipt confirmation from Mississauga.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Yes I check online using uci but same thing is there as mention in the email that application received on 12 feb 2014. Even we havnt recieve any kind of letter from CiC just one email and still I am not sure they forward it or not. My application was complete medical etc.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Smile re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Thanks Jim. But the concern is I am from Pakistan so just confused where they Gona forward.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes I check online using uci but same thing is there as mention in the email that application received on 12 feb 2014. Even we havnt recieve any kind of letter from CiC just one email and still I am not sure they forward it or not. My application was complete medical etc.
Are you logging in with the sponsors credentials or sponsored persons credentials? Only the sponsor will be able to see stage 1 info I believe.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by burks
Are you logging in with the sponsors credentials or sponsored persons credentials? Only the sponsor will be able to see stage 1 info I believe.
Yes you are right I use my wife info to login.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 7:15 pm

Thanks Jim. But the concern is I am from Pakistan so just confused where they Gona forward.
Where are you now? What visa office did you enter into the application form?
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 7:35 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hello every1
Sponsorship approval is taking 29 days from date of receipt - they are working on applications received on February 18, 2014 as of today.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...es/perm-fc.asp

Your wife should check ECAS using her UCI number (which should be on the email she got) - if she is unable to, then perhaps she should send a case specific enquiry or give the call centre a ring (though they are not very useful). It may be that the letter has gone astray confirming that sponsorship has been approved.

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 23rd 2014 at 7:37 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

Where are you now? What visa office did you enter into the application form?
I am in London from last three years and chose london office to process.
Old Mar 24th 2014, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Stewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond repute

How long should I expect to wait from day of delivery to date of receipt? Package was delivered on the 18th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.