Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jun 27th 2014, 6:52 am
Just Joined

Ginganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Burks - yes I had put London down as the office I wanted. Its as if they think im applying inland which im not and the frustrating thing is, as far as I an see, everything was complete and correct for applying outland but now I have it back 5 months later. Driving me nuts!!
Old Jun 27th 2014, 7:44 am
Just Joined

Ginganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond repute

One more update, just rang CIC again who were this time actually really helpful and yes, they've messed up. It should not have been sent back to me. Everything is correct and complete. So not only did they manage to lose my entire application within their own office for 5 months, but they then send it back to me because they made another mistake. What the hell Canada!?!
Old Jun 27th 2014, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ginganinja
One more update, just rang CIC again who were this time actually really helpful and yes, they've messed up. It should not have been sent back to me. Everything is correct and complete. So not only did they manage to lose my entire application within their own office for 5 months, but they then send it back to me because they made another mistake. What the hell Canada!?!
I have been the innocent victim of a CIC cock up before.. only mine was my 2nd IEC and so it was the London consulate who did it, not Mississauga. It still managed to put me but a few months though. It's not fun at all.
Old Jun 27th 2014, 8:00 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 27th 2014, 8:28 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh been there, done that, sigh. It's frustrating as hell isn't it?

It took around a year for London CIC to send my son forms stating he wasn't an accompanying dependent - then took months to confirm that they had got that wrong and confirm he was - then lost his application (for more than 2 years) before they even started processing it. It took a couple of weeks less than 5 years to get (inland) spousal PR with (outland) dependant PR because of that.

At least they have confirmed that it's all correct and complete now

they speed it through for you.

Old Jun 27th 2014, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Thanks Siouxie, yes its extremely frustrating. Although its certainly not as bad as what you went through by the sounds of it! It baffles me how they can just lose applications like that.
Old Jun 27th 2014, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

doctore is an unknown quantity at this point

We finally had some news today - AOR 7th May 2014. Hopefully that means my husband will be approved as a sponsor soon.
Old Jun 27th 2014, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Ashpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Everyone,

We are going to have to apply to switch my husband's status from IEC to visitor in July while we wait out application processing.
Our application was accepted and signed-for in Mississauga on June 13, but of course we don't have confirmation of receipt yet. With the apparent slow-down, I'm not getting my hopes up that we will before we have to switch his status, either. I know that most people include a screenshot from ECAS as proof of application, but if nothing is being processed by July, will my official receipt of PR fees and UCI be enough evidence of a pending application?
We're prepared to send him home to wait if the decision goes that way, but obviously that would be the worst-case scenario, especially as I've just been diagnosed with a chronic illness and want to keep my husband with me!
Any insight would be appreciated
Old Jun 28th 2014, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ashpo
Hello Everyone,

We are going to have to apply to switch my husband's status from IEC to visitor in July while we wait out application processing.
Our application was accepted and signed-for in Mississauga on June 13, but of course we don't have confirmation of receipt yet. With the apparent slow-down, I'm not getting my hopes up that we will before we have to switch his status, either. I know that most people include a screenshot from ECAS as proof of application, but if nothing is being processed by July, will my official receipt of PR fees and UCI be enough evidence of a pending application?
We're prepared to send him home to wait if the decision goes that way, but obviously that would be the worst-case scenario, especially as I've just been diagnosed with a chronic illness and want to keep my husband with me!
Any insight would be appreciated
Well obviously you can only send what you have available. We never sent a screenshot for my husbands visitor record, we only provided the file number, which I know you don't have. You can always upload a letter of explanation, and just be truthful and give them the information you have. Most importantly they will want to see how you two will support yourselves.
Old Jun 28th 2014, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doctore
We finally had some news today - AOR 7th May 2014. Hopefully that means my husband will be approved as a sponsor soon.
Old Jun 28th 2014, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Ashpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Becki567
Well obviously you can only send what you have available. We never sent a screenshot for my husbands visitor record, we only provided the file number, which I know you don't have. You can always upload a letter of explanation, and just be truthful and give them the information you have. Most importantly they will want to see how you two will support yourselves.
That part will be just fine. We'll be including bank statements for proof of funds should he need to fly back to the UK, and a letter of support from me (I'll be continuing full time work while we wait).
We do have his UCI number from previous visa applications, and included in our sponsorship application. I'm going to assume that would be helpful combined with the official receipt in assessing whether there is an application in progress, but I will of course include a letter of explanation as well.
Old Jun 28th 2014, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

That part will be just fine. We'll be including bank statements for proof of funds should he need to fly back to the UK, and a letter of support from me (I'll be continuing full time work while we wait).
We do have his UCI number from previous visa applications, and included in our sponsorship application. I'm going to assume that would be helpful combined with the official receipt in assessing whether there is an application in progress, but I will of course include a letter of explanation as well.
His UCI number won't change even with a spousal application. When we applied for his second IEC and both visitor visas we were able to see the old applications through his account
Old Jun 28th 2014, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Becki567
His UCI number won't change even with a spousal application. When we applied for his second IEC and both visitor visas we were able to see the old applications through his account
Oh yes, I know the number won't change, but it should tie everything together. Even if ECAS hasn't been updated yet/won't allow us to see whether it is in process, perhaps CIC's own internal systems would bring up the application with the UCI?
Old Jun 28th 2014, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Oh yes, I know the number won't change, but it should tie everything together. Even if ECAS hasn't been updated yet/won't allow us to see whether it is in process, perhaps CIC's own internal systems would bring up the application with the UCI?
They can probably see it, but we couldn't see his spousal application on the same system that we saw his IEC and visitor visas
Old Jun 30th 2014, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

megarhandi is an unknown quantity at this point

The CIC requested new passport photos today. Does that mean they're actually looking at our application???
Also, does anyone know about how long it takes for them to finish processing an application after they get these photos?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.