Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 23rd 2015, 2:17 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
It could be just semantics too. If processed in Canada one could wrongly think that made it an "inland" case perhaps.
Yeah but I realise that the email I got saying they have received my application said 'This confirms that your application for Permanent Residence under the Spouse or common-law partner in Canada class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/10/14.)'.

Will email tonight and phone tomorrow.

Last edited by cbrown89; Jan 23rd 2015 at 2:34 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if this has happened to more people, eeek!! Hope you get it all sorted tomorrow.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 3:38 am
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future

Cbrown89
Hopefully you can sort out your situation.. However if you have to stay as inland you could try applying for the work permits they just introduced for people waiting for sponsorship in Canada...?
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Location: Edinburgh - to Calgary (didn't work out) - Now Vancouver
JJHJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
There are 3 ways to check ECAS.

1. With the sponsor's UCI and their surname, date of birth and country of birth. The sponsor will only have a UCI if they have had any prior communication with the CIC. If the sponsor was born in Canada and is a Canadian citizen then most likely they will not have a UCI until they receive sponsorship approval or a request for documents.

2. With the applicant's UCI and their surname, date of birth and country of birth. The applicant will only have a UCI if they have had any prior communication with the CIC (such as an IEC visa, visitor record, etc). If the applicant has never been in Canada or applied for any type of Canadian visa then they will not have a UCI at this stage.

3. With the file number (F000...) and the applicant's surname, date of birth and country of birth.

Note: The first notice you get which has the file number will be your sponsorship approval letter or a request for extra documents.

If you log in as the sponsor you will see the status of the sponsor's application to sponsor and the applicant's application to become a PR. If you log in as the applicant you will only see the status of their application.
It's strange I received only the 'application received' email, but it did include a UCI and Application ID. I had to try multiple combinations to get ECAS to work, but found the Application ID + my wife's last name (applicant) finally worked.

I had no previous communication with CIC, so not sure why I have a UCI already. I did sponsor a former partner, but this was in 2002. Perhaps they're using the same UCI number?
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

dillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Err... what? Not sure which post you're referring to here, it's a good idea to quote the post to which you're responding, particularly in this thread, which tends to move fairly quickly and can easily be 2-3 conversations going on simultaneously.
Yeah sorry about that - just trying to get used to using the forum...
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

dillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the rough

Ack, was I shouting?! I was just saying I was confuzzled by which post he was referring to... and suggested quoting! (He also posted in the thread I linked offering me advice on getting in touch with people in Toronto and Oakville, even though we did HUsband's PR 3 years ago and moved well over a year ago, not to mention I grew up in Oakville, haha, but still happy that people are being friendly! Also a bit novelty to be treated like a newbie myself, hehe!)

Sorry again - and glad it all worked out for you guys
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Patterson will become famous soon enough

Hello everyone, quick update for the spreadsheet. Although we sent our application in September, we had issues with our Option C, so CIC considered our completed application to have been received December 2nd 2014. We got stage 1 sponsor approval yesterday 22nd January 2015 It seems stage 2 is being processed in London.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patterson
Hello everyone, quick update for the spreadsheet. Although we sent our application in September, we had issues with our Option C, so CIC considered our completed application to have been received December 2nd 2014. We got stage 1 sponsor approval yesterday 22nd January 2015 It seems stage 2 is being processed in London.
Spreadsheet updated. Hopefully there are no more hiccups for you!
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 2:12 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snuggs
Cbrown89
Hopefully you can sort out your situation.. However if you have to stay as inland you could try applying for the work permits they just introduced for people waiting for sponsorship in Canada...?
I believe that your first stage has to be approved first or am I wrong on this.

If right then they are working on applications from September 2013....
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 2:13 pm
Weegie in Calgary

So I phoned CIC today, she said she would put a note on my file but as it was an unusual case I should email or fax CPCM with my situation. So better than saying no it has to be withdrawn I guess but nothing final.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 2:16 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cbrown89
So I phoned CIC today, she said she would put a note on my file but as it was an unusual case I should email or fax CPCM with my situation. So better than saying no it has to be withdrawn I guess but nothing final.
It honestly didn't sound right to me that you'd have to withdraw and reapply. Your application would be considered incomplete under inland anyway because it's not the right set of forms, and they just have to move the application from one pile to another... so I think it's just a question of getting someone who knows what to do.

I'd take their advice and both email and fax. Did you email through both the email address AND the case-specific enquiry form on their website? (I don't have the link handy.) Worth doing both, as well as faxing a copy as well.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I know it's frustrating, but try not to stress yourself out too much. Absolute worst case is that you have to reapply, which while that is annoying and causes some delays, is not the end of the world - it's not like you're risking making yourself ineligible for PR or anything like that, it's just a massive inconvenience, but it's one that can be conquered. Chin up.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 2:22 pm
Weegie in Calgary

It honestly didn't sound right to me that you'd have to withdraw and reapply. Your application would be considered incomplete under inland anyway because it's not the right set of forms, and they just have to move the application from one pile to another... so I think it's just a question of getting someone who knows what to do.

I'd take their advice and both email and fax. Did you email through both the email address AND the case-specific enquiry form on their website? (I don't have the link handy.) Worth doing both, as well as faxing a copy as well.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I know it's frustrating, but try not to stress yourself out too much. Absolute worst case is that you have to reapply, which while that is annoying and causes some delays, is not the end of the world - it's not like you're risking making yourself ineligible for PR or anything like that, it's just a massive inconvenience, but it's one that can be conquered. Chin up.
I will just email as they say not to send the same questions more than once.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 2:34 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I will just email as they say not to send the same questions more than once.
They do say that, but that means don't email the same questions a zillion times. Given your situation I'd suggest still submitting using the online request form - I think they go to different places, so it's worth doing that. Just my 2c, though!
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 5:24 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

1. There have been quite a few people on other forums saying that they submitted an "out of Canada" application and then found out that Mississauga was processing it as "in Canada" . They were able to have the Call Centre contact Misssissauga and have it corrected, without withdrawing and re-submitting.
2. It appears that the problems started when the Visa Office requested block on the IMM 1344 was removed and all spousal applications were sent to Mississauga, rather than the "in Canada" being sent to Vegreville. So it would appear that Mississauga looks at the residence of the applicant, rather than the type of application. Training issue.
3. Send your inquiry here: http://tinyurl.com/kfzpgtb
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 5:54 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. There have been quite a few people on other forums saying that they submitted an "out of Canada" application and then found out that Mississauga was processing it as "in Canada" . They were able to have the Call Centre contact Misssissauga and have it corrected, without withdrawing and re-submitting.
2. It appears that the problems started when the Visa Office requested block on the IMM 1344 was removed and all spousal applications were sent to Mississauga, rather than the "in Canada" being sent to Vegreville. So it would appear that Mississauga looks at the residence of the applicant, rather than the type of application. Training issue.
3. Send your inquiry here: http://tinyurl.com/kfzpgtb
Always super useful, thanks for posting that! You rock, as always!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.