Teh Anomaly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by WannabeMonitobian
Congrats!
One step at a time!
Originally Posted by dream2014
Congrats!!! Getting closer!

Where is your visa office?
There was no mention of a Visa Office in the letter, but I'm pretty sure its the Manila office.

Originally Posted by beltza
Hi Teh Anomaly,
Congratulations on AOR and gud luck on rest of process.
Beltza
Originally Posted by BenoCanada
congratulations The Anomaly, one step ahead my friend
Thank you guys! It was a relief to receive the AOR because a lot of things can go wrong in the CIO application part.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Welcome Krishnwinnie, good luck with everything. You are at right place!

Originally Posted by krishnwinnie
Hi All,

Greetings.. I hope I have posted this at the right place :-)

I am new to this forum and looking forward to interact with you all. I am interested in applying for the Manitoba Strategic Initiative Exploratory visit program. I have always had a longing to live in Canada and over the past couple of months I have made up my mind for Manitoba, for various reasons be it the lovely people I have heard about, the climate, the thriving economy or the sheer happiness that arises from looking at Manitoba as a pedestal for me and my spouse's of a satisfied life.

I am a Computer Engineer with nearly ten years experience in the field of IT Process Consulting and my spouse is a finance professional with expertise in Financial Consulting.

Our preliminary analysis makes us believe that we both can be a good fit in Manitoba, however, currently I am little clueless about, how to actually gear up for the application process, if any, (available) for this year.

I would look forward to your suggestions and feedback.

Regards,
Krishnwinnie
Old Feb 27th 2014, 4:07 am
Just Joined

krishnwinnie is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Hi Everybody,

I have invested the last few days in going through the threads that have been posted by fellow members and i must confess that all the postings have been very informative. congratulate and thank everyone for sharing their inputs.

Few queries ...

1. Any clue as to when the window of MPNP exploratory is set to open this time around ?

2. Also, wanted to know if getting a Tourist Resident Visa before hand will help in getting an invite ? Me and my spouse currently reside in India.

Thanks and Regards,
krishnwinnie
Old Feb 27th 2014, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

WannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

1. No can tell for sure, you have to diligently keep an eye open and check the MPNP website regularly, and when it does open do not delay sending your application asap as it is processed on a first come first serve basis, and besides no one can tell how long it will be open for, eg. last year people had a window of only 15 days!

2. Most tourist visas are issued for a very short duration, mostly six months but this depends on the Canadian embassy from country to country, it is better to apply after you get your invitation confirmed and besides you can use your invitation letter as a supporting document to apply for your TRV, as long as all your documents are in order, you should not have a problem getting you TRV but there are people who have been rejected, but mostly for not meeting the criteria or not having proper supporting docs.

Hope this answers you queries.

Cheers

Originally Posted by krishnwinnie
Hi Everybody,

I have invested the last few days in going through the threads that have been posted by fellow members and i must confess that all the postings have been very informative. congratulate and thank everyone for sharing their inputs.

Few queries ...

1. Any clue as to when the window of MPNP exploratory is set to open this time around ?

2. Also, wanted to know if getting a Tourist Resident Visa before hand will help in getting an invite ? Me and my spouse currently reside in India.

Thanks and Regards,
krishnwinnie
Old Feb 27th 2014, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

krishnwinnie is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

@wannabemonitobian thank u so much . we r in the process of arranging our initial application .
Cheers ,
Krishnwinnie
Old Feb 28th 2014, 1:37 am
Just Joined

ces77pe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dream2014
Hi, its not a big deal. You will submit this after your EV when you are doing the online application. The basic things you need write up for settlement plan could be the fund you have, where you plan to stay in Manitoba and why, part of what you check up during EV that will support this, may be when you plan to move to Manitoba. To me there are no hard and fast rule. Its not something too bougus to give you headache
Hey, dream2014! That's really good to hear and really helpful for me. Thanks a lot.
Old Feb 28th 2014, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

La_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to behold

hi everybody

I have some news, also.
Apparently we won't have to wait 'till summer for EV We managed to get some free days at work so we plan to land at the end of April.

We almost bought our tickets last night.. but.. my IELTS exam is on March 15th. Although I think there won't be a problem with it and 5 overall isn't that hard to achieve.. I've decided to wait and buy tickets after I'll have my IELTS score in hands They'll be expensive, but it would be even more expensive to buy tickets and lose them because I've failed at IELTS

and, also, I have a question:
Is any of you here in occupation that's regulated in Manitoba? If so, did you start your assessment from your homeland and could you describe that process?
tnx
Old Feb 28th 2014, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of

Hey La Luna,

My occupation is regulated, financial advice. Don't know if this is the same field as you. I signed up for the exam course through CAAMP remotely - you can study anywhere but you have to sit the exam in Canada. I met with a few employers and a couple of compliance networks and they were all supportive. So it was pretty straightforward
Old Feb 28th 2014, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

La_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to behold

luckily, I don't have to take any tests or courses (except First aid), but I need to have my Croatian diploma assessed and after that I need MELCC (Manitoba Early Learning and Child Care) to classify me as an Early childhood educator.
and now I'm stuck 'cause Manitoba prefers IQAS for credential assessment, but IQAS states they don't assess credentials for immigration purposes under FSW program. So, now I'm not sure would they assess my diploma or not. 'cause, basically, I need assessment for work in my occupation, not for immigration, right?
and I don't even know do I have to provide syllabus or not..
and I'm not sure would they accept notarized translation from court translators here in Croatia or not, 'cause I've read that IQAS insists on Canadian translators only...
and I don't know do I need basic or specialized assessment 'cause MELCC is not on their list of Professional Regulatory Organizations using IQAS

and the biggest friggin' thing that annoys me right now: they do not have an e mail!! what? no e mail in 21st century?! I'll have to call them, and now I'll have to wait 'till Monday.
I'm frustrated right now..

but, I have to say, MELCC (bless them, they do have an e mail ) was very quick and punctual with providing information.
And surprised I'd like to start my credential and classification prior to arrival
Old Mar 1st 2014, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

perica is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I am finalizing my application for PR to CIC and will send it on this Monday, but I really need some help.

1)
I am not sure if we can send copies of all supporting documents stated in the Document Checklist or we have to send certified copies of these documents (e.g. approval letter, passport, birth certificate, ID, IELTS,…) ?

2)
Do we have to send anything else except these forms and documents stated in the Document Checklist?

3)
In the application form titled “Economic Classes – Provincial Nominees”, what should be written in the question no. 3 (Which provincial government has nominated you? Provincial stream/category)?
Is Government of Manitoba and MPNP Strategic Initiative ok answer or something else should be written here?

Thank you in advance for urgent help

Cheers

Last edited by perica; Mar 1st 2014 at 12:14 pm.
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

WannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
My occupation is regulated, I got in touch with the regulating body on my EV and got all the information that I need. Another point is that even if you occupation is regulated, you can still work in a related field.

Just get in touch with the appropriate regulating body on your visit.
Originally Posted by La_LuNa
hi everybody

I have some news, also.
Apparently we won't have to wait 'till summer for EV We managed to get some free days at work so we plan to land at the end of April.

We almost bought our tickets last night.. but.. my IELTS exam is on March 15th. Although I think there won't be a problem with it and 5 overall isn't that hard to achieve.. I've decided to wait and buy tickets after I'll have my IELTS score in hands They'll be expensive, but it would be even more expensive to buy tickets and lose them because I've failed at IELTS

and, also, I have a question:
Is any of you here in occupation that's regulated in Manitoba? If so, did you start your assessment from your homeland and could you describe that process?
tnx
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Hi,
Here are the answers to your questions ( my opinion)

1. Only copies are sufficient, unless you are sending translations, then you need to certify them, otherwise only copies will do.

2. Strictly stick to the checklist, do not send more than what is asked.

3.IN my application this is what I put and it was accepted:

Government of Manitoba
MANITOBA PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM/STRATEGIC STREAM

Originally Posted by perica
Hi guys,

I am finalizing my application for PR to CIC and will send it on this Monday, but I really need some help.

1)
I am not sure if we can send copies of all supporting documents stated in the Document Checklist or we have to send certified copies of these documents (e.g. approval letter, passport, birth certificate, ID, IELTS,…) ?

2)
Do we have to send anything else except these forms and documents stated in the Document Checklist?

3)
In the application form titled “Economic Classes – Provincial Nominees”, what should be written in the question no. 3 (Which provincial government has nominated you? Provincial stream/category)?
Is Government of Manitoba and MPNP Strategic Initiative ok answer or something else should be written here?

Thank you in advance for urgent help

Cheers
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

As far as I know you have to be present in Canada to have your credentials assessed, however you can start the process before you arrive, might differ from profession to profession, not sure

Originally Posted by La_LuNa
luckily, I don't have to take any tests or courses (except First aid), but I need to have my Croatian diploma assessed and after that I need MELCC (Manitoba Early Learning and Child Care) to classify me as an Early childhood educator.
and now I'm stuck 'cause Manitoba prefers IQAS for credential assessment, but IQAS states they don't assess credentials for immigration purposes under FSW program. So, now I'm not sure would they assess my diploma or not. 'cause, basically, I need assessment for work in my occupation, not for immigration, right?
and I don't even know do I have to provide syllabus or not..
and I'm not sure would they accept notarized translation from court translators here in Croatia or not, 'cause I've read that IQAS insists on Canadian translators only...
and I don't know do I need basic or specialized assessment 'cause MELCC is not on their list of Professional Regulatory Organizations using IQAS

and the biggest friggin' thing that annoys me right now: they do not have an e mail!! what? no e mail in 21st century?! I'll have to call them, and now I'll have to wait 'till Monday.
I'm frustrated right now..

but, I have to say, MELCC (bless them, they do have an e mail ) was very quick and punctual with providing information.
And surprised I'd like to start my credential and classification prior to arrival
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

perica is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

WannabeMonitobian thank you so so so much for this valuable help.

Also, I have one more important question and would appreciate any tip, because I am sending my application for PR to CIC tomorrow early in the morning.

1.1. )
They say that we should not leave any blank box and that all questions must be answered.
For example, in the form “Additional Family Information” I have written “Not applicable” in the Section B regarding the children information, because I do not have them.
My question is:
Do I have to put the words ”Not applicable” in every single box in this section (including the name, relationship, date of birth, place of birth, marital status, present address) in the first row or where???
Moreover, the Date of Birth box does not have enough space so that I can write “Not applicable”. What should I do?

1.2.)
I am faced with the same situation in the “Your Travels” form.
Where should I write “Not applicable”? Is it required to write “Not applicable” in every single box in every single row or where should I write “Not applicable” in order to say that these sections do not apply to me???

I would truly appreciate urgent help from all of you who have already sent your applications to CIC successfully.

Thank you all in advance for your great support and one more time thank you WannabeMonitobian.

Cheers

Originally Posted by WannabeMonitobian
Hi,
Here are the answers to your questions ( my opinion)

1. Only copies are sufficient, unless you are sending translations, then you need to certify them, otherwise only copies will do.

2. Strictly stick to the checklist, do not send more than what is asked.

3.IN my application this is what I put and it was accepted:

Government of Manitoba
MANITOBA PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM/STRATEGIC STREAM
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

Follow the guide and it gives you all the information you need. Here is the link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...des/EP7TOC.asp

1.1 Writing N/A in the first box or at the beginning of the section is sufficient, no need to fill up each box, you are not expected to fill each box if it does not apply to you

1.2 same as above

P.S: Also only include the forms that apply to you, it does say that somewhere in the application guide.

Best of Luck!!!

Originally Posted by perica
Hi,

WannabeMonitobian thank you so so so much for this valuable help.

Also, I have one more important question and would appreciate any tip, because I am sending my application for PR to CIC tomorrow early in the morning.

1.1. )
They say that we should not leave any blank box and that all questions must be answered.
For example, in the form “Additional Family Information” I have written “Not applicable” in the Section B regarding the children information, because I do not have them.
My question is:
Do I have to put the words ”Not applicable” in every single box in this section (including the name, relationship, date of birth, place of birth, marital status, present address) in the first row or where???
Moreover, the Date of Birth box does not have enough space so that I can write “Not applicable”. What should I do?

1.2.)
I am faced with the same situation in the “Your Travels” form.
Where should I write “Not applicable”? Is it required to write “Not applicable” in every single box in every single row or where should I write “Not applicable” in order to say that these sections do not apply to me???

I would truly appreciate urgent help from all of you who have already sent your applications to CIC successfully.

Thank you all in advance for your great support and one more time thank you WannabeMonitobian.

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.