Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Feb 23rd 2014, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by La_LuNa
hi people

I have a question for those of you with (little) kids: did you bring them with you on EV?
We have a two year old and I don't know what to do.. we've never been separated before and I can't imagine leaving her with grandparents for 7 days. But, on the other hand, I can't imagine to fly with her TWICE in 7 days for more than 20 hours... and also, I don't know how to arrange our interviews and everything while in Morden with a little kid...
What did you do?
Hey La LuNa,

We did our EV in November to Winnipeg with a 3 year old, a 7 year old and a ten year old (and previously done long haul flights with them from ages 18 months). Morden meeting will be different from our meeting in Winnipeg I guess, but the big issue to consider is that we were not allowed to bring any of the kids into the meeting room during our interview so had to leave them all sat in the reception. In fact the interviewer we met was not overly keen for my wife to join me in the interview as I'm the main applicant, but it was important to us for us both to be there and we knew the kids would look after themselves, and they knew where we were. We had previously been told it would be ok to bring them - what else do they expect you to do??? Unless exploring the cost and availability of babysitting in Winnipeg would give us extra EV credit!

On the positive side, our visit was party focussed on the kids and their activities and we made a lot of this during the meeting - after all, what better way to meet and integrate with people than play dates, sports etc

But based on our experience, I would only take your child if only one of you is going to do the meeting.
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

ces77pe is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear everybody: I joined this forum after reading more than 100 pages. I have obtained a lot of valuable information but I still have a question unclarified: Since I'm in the group which wonder for 2014 EV process to open, I have reviewed a couple of times the process requirements, but I still dont know if I definitely have to set up a settlement plan as it's mentioned in MPNP webpage (EV link). Do we have to do it? Then, what does this Settlement Plan consist of and in what point of EV process do we have to meet this requirement?

Thanks for your help!
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

hisaca is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all for your positive response and guidance on the IELTS stuff.

If my IELTS will expire in June, can i use the same result to apply in May?
Old Feb 24th 2014, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

beltza is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hisaca
Thanks all for your positive response and guidance on the IELTS stuff.

If my IELTS will expire in June, can i use the same result to apply in May?
Hi Hisaca,
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Yes, you can use to apply in May.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

krishnwinnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Greetings.. I hope I have posted this at the right place :-)

I am new to this forum and looking forward to interact with you all. I am interested in applying for the Manitoba Strategic Initiative Exploratory visit program. I have always had a longing to live in Canada and over the past couple of months I have made up my mind for Manitoba, for various reasons be it the lovely people I have heard about, the climate, the thriving economy or the sheer happiness that arises from looking at Manitoba as a pedestal for me and my spouse's of a satisfied life.

I am a Computer Engineer with nearly ten years experience in the field of IT Process Consulting and my spouse is a finance professional with expertise in Financial Consulting.

Our preliminary analysis makes us believe that we both can be a good fit in Manitoba, however, currently I am little clueless about, how to actually gear up for the application process, if any, (available) for this year.

I would look forward to your suggestions and feedback.

Regards,
Krishnwinnie
Old Feb 24th 2014, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

WannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of light

Take some time and read this thread right from the first post, you will get all the information you need.
and then you can post if you need anything specific. Best of Luck!

Originally Posted by krishnwinnie
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and looking forward to interact with you all. I am interested in applying for the Manitoba Strategic Initiative Exploratory visit program. I have always had a longing to live in Canada and over the past couple of months I have made up my mind for Manitoba, for various reasons be it the lovely people I have heard about, the climate, the thriving economy or the sheer happiness that arises from looking at Manitoba as a pedestal for me and my spouse's of a satisfied life.

I am a Computer Engineer with nearly ten years experience in the field of IT Process Consulting and my spouse is a finance professional with expertise in Financial Consulting.

Our preliminary analysis makes us believe that we both can be a good fit in Manitoba, however, currently I am little clueless about, how to actually gear up for the application process, if any, (available) for this year.

Regards,
Krishnwinnie
Old Feb 24th 2014, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

krishnwinnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much @WannabeMonitobian for the quick reply! Yes, currently I am doing that.. I will get back to everyone with specific queries..
Old Feb 24th 2014, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Teh Anomaly is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got our AOR guys!
Old Feb 24th 2014, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

WannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats!
One step at a time!

Originally Posted by Teh Anomaly
Just got our AOR guys!
Old Feb 24th 2014, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

dream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Just got our AOR guys!
Congrats!!! Getting closer!

Where is your visa office?
Old Feb 24th 2014, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

dream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ces77pe
Dear everybody: I joined this forum after reading more than 100 pages. I have obtained a lot of valuable information but I still have a question unclarified: Since I'm in the group which wonder for 2014 EV process to open, I have reviewed a couple of times the process requirements, but I still dont know if I definitely have to set up a settlement plan as it's mentioned in MPNP webpage (EV link). Do we have to do it? Then, what does this Settlement Plan consist of and in what point of EV process do we have to meet this requirement?

Thanks for your help!
Hi, its not a big deal. You will submit this after your EV when you are doing the online application. The basic things you need write up for settlement plan could be the fund you have, where you plan to stay in Manitoba and why, part of what you check up during EV that will support this, may be when you plan to move to Manitoba. To me there are no hard and fast rule. Its not something too bougus to give you headache
Old Feb 24th 2014, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

beltza is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got our AOR guys!
Hi Teh Anomaly,
Congratulations on AOR and gud luck on rest of process.
Beltza
Old Feb 25th 2014, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

BenoCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got our AOR guys!
congratulations The Anomaly, one step ahead my friend
Old Feb 25th 2014, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by beltza
Hi Teh Anomaly,
Congratulations on AOR and gud luck on rest of process.
Beltza
Hi Beltza

Any news from your office after you submitted your medical exam?!!!
Old Feb 25th 2014, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by krishnwinnie
Hi All,

Regards,
Krishnwinnie
Hello Krishnwinnie

The only issue now is that the Exploratory visit program is close for now so Please keep on eye Manitoba web site for reopening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.