Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Feb 19th 2014, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

beltza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by soulli82
For those who received their Confirmation of nomination (LOA) , you send the original or copy of the letter to CIO Sydney
Hi, LOA photo copy is acceptable and you can keep original with you.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by iforti
It says:
CIC would only invite the best candidates, including those with in-demand skills or with job offers, to apply for a visa. Expressions of interest that are not chosen after a period of time may be removed from the pool. As a result, application backlogs would not accumulate and processing times will be kept to a minimum.

What about those that don't have the skills needed... we cant be all Welders... and we cant get job offers either...
Its good for some if they launch this and stop EVs but bad for us that don't have the skilled trades....
It doesn't say its only trades? You don't get an invite to EV without a skill either... Actually this part of the PNP overall program is the one that comes the closest to the new rules, so I am hoping they leave it as is
Old Feb 20th 2014, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

La_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to behold

hi people

I've booked my IELTS today for March 15th, and we gathered our funds on one account.
it was productive day for us
next week I'm going to beg my boss for free days. If it goes well, we'll land on EV at the end of April.

I have a question for those of you with (little) kids: did you bring them with you on EV?
We have a two year old and I don't know what to do.. we've never been separated before and I can't imagine leaving her with grandparents for 7 days. But, on the other hand, I can't imagine to fly with her TWICE in 7 days for more than 20 hours... and also, I don't know how to arrange our interviews and everything while in Morden with a little kid...
What did you do?
Old Feb 20th 2014, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by La_LuNa
hi people

I've booked my IELTS today for March 15th, and we gathered our funds on one account.
next week I'm going to beg my boss for free days. If it goes well, we'll land on EV at the end of April.

I have a question for those of you with (little) kids: did you bring them with you on EV?
We have a two year old and I don't know what to do.. we've never been separated before and I can't imagine leaving her with grandparents for 7 days. But, on the other hand, I can't imagine to fly with her TWICE in 7 days for more than 20 hours... and also, I don't know how to arrange our interviews and everything while in Morden with a little kid...
What did you do?
my suggestion: leave her at home (grandparents will have fun, I swear). She is too little for any decision making, she will be tired and cranking from the jetlag and different environment. During the visit you have no-one you can leave the kid with ..and I don't think it will be that positively looked at if you walk up with a 2 year old to apply for jobs and do interview with MPNP.
If it would be a 12 year old, I would think differently.

You need time to focus on decision if this new life is something for you and all the good and bad that might come along with it, you need to look at housing options and you need to put all the info together by the time the interview comes around.. as cute as little kids are, they wouldn't really help the process.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

La_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by manitobain
my suggestion: leave her at home (grandparents will have fun, I swear). She is too little for any decision making, she will be tired and cranking from the jetlag and different environment. During the visit you have no-one you can leave the kid with ..and I don't think it will be that positively looked at if you walk up with a 2 year old to apply for jobs and do interview with MPNP.
If it would be a 12 year old, I would think differently.

You need time to focus on decision if this new life is something for you and all the good and bad that might come along with it, you need to look at housing options and you need to put all the info together by the time the interview comes around.. as cute as little kids are, they wouldn't really help the process.
tnx, dear, I'm aware of everything you said (and must add, she's a textbook example of a terrible two phase ) but, as far as job interview goes, I believe I won't have them with husband sitting there with me, so he can take care of her...
but, still, there'll be a lot of moving around from place to place, lot of interaction with lot of people.. not good for a little kid..
I'll just have to overcome MY separation fears..
Old Feb 20th 2014, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Teh Anomaly is an unknown quantity at this point

What did you do?
When my wife did her EV, we decided that I would be left behind with our daughter. It was a hard decision for her because our daughter is just over a year old when she did the EV. But it was a necessary sacrifice.

Here a newsclip about Morden's Strategic Initiative. Click to jump
Old Feb 20th 2014, 6:50 pm
Handsome

iforti is an unknown quantity at this point

hi people

What did you do?
Why ur taking ur husband with you?... leave ur kid with husband and you go alone... I don't get why to spend double when you can do the job alone perfectly... its easier for you and saves a lot because everything there costs.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

because he needs it more than I do. I've spent hours and hours online researching and I have pretty good picture about Morden. he's not that well informed 'cause he has no time for that kind of research, he works a lot.
because I know where I stand and what are my options for work. he needs to do his own research which I won't be able to do for him 'cause I'll be preoccupied with my interviews.
because he's better at calculating costs. I'm an idiot for math
because he's a lot better driver than I am, I haven't drove a car for some time now and I just can't imagine renting a car in a foreign country and driving form Winnipeg to Morden. all by myself
because we're team and everything is possible when we're together

the cost of it is something we're well aware of from the start.
Old Feb 21st 2014, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

hisaca is an unknown quantity at this point

Manitoban and Other Seniors,

I have discovered that the timeline between when applicants made their online MPNP Application and the time MPNP issues LOA for CIC application is always above 30days. If the IELTS result expires within this period - will the applicant have to write another IELTS before submitting to CIC or what?
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

beltza is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hisaca
Manitoban and Other Seniors,

I have discovered that the timeline between when applicants made their online MPNP Application and the time MPNP issues LOA for CIC application is always above 30days. If the IELTS result expires within this period - will the applicant have to write another IELTS before submitting to CIC or what?
Hi Hisaca,
at CIC stage, there's a checklist that you need to follow, you can look it up online with key words "CIC checklist PNP". It details there what you need to submit. Your IELTS must be active at the time of submission. If not, they might return your whole package and will waste again. I suggest you take the exam again, in case it's already expired.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

Don't take my words with 100%, double check it, but I also think that IELTS test must be valid at the time papers go to federal level.
Because valid English test was ALWAYS mandatory for skilled PR immigration. 4 - 5 years ago, when terms were different and easier, one couple from Serbia had to repeat the IELTS exam because timeline for managing papers was long and their IELTS was no longer valid at the time processing for skilled worker immigration got to the final stage.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 1:47 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Don't take my words with 100%, double check it, but I also think that IELTS test must be valid at the time papers go to federal level.
Because valid English test was ALWAYS mandatory for skilled PR immigration. 4 - 5 years ago, when terms were different and easier, one couple from Serbia had to repeat the IELTS exam because timeline for managing papers was long and their IELTS was no longer valid at the time processing for skilled worker immigration got to the final stage.

1. IELTs is valid for 2 years, when the application is submitted to the Sydney, the IELTs must be still valid.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

WannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of light

After a month of getting AOR, still not able to access ECAS, any thoughts?????
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 5:42 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by WannabeMonitobian
After a month of getting AOR, still not able to access ECAS, any thoughts?????
Have you put England as COB rather than UK&C?
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

WannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of light

Hi PMM,

My visa office is Abu dhabi UAE.
Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Have you put England as COB rather than UK&C?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.