International Experience Canada

Old Jan 30th 2013, 9:08 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada

With regards to the copy of the passport I am 180 miles away from mine.... However, I do have a very good scanned printed copy on A4 paper I am assuming that I can just scan this copy of my passport into the first stage.

I'm guessing all they really need is the information off it and proof that you have one.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

MikeBrit will become famous soon enough

Maybe we're jumping the gun on this Ireland thing of course - maybe there were 3500 people waiting to apply who naturally would apply straight away, and now they have all got their apps in the rate will slow down and the rest with trickle in over the next couple of months?
Old Jan 30th 2013, 9:27 pm

salmonfella is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to let everyone no our iec opened yesterday (Our being Ireland). the first few steps are not to bad. it has been a major hit so far in 30 hours of it being open this is how it is looking for us now they are expecting to be all gone in Ireland by Friday. so my advice would to be is to have all your info ready to go
quota: 6,350
Working Holiday places remaining: 2,828
Updated: 30/01/2013
Old Jan 30th 2013, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

empirestate is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by salmonfella
Just to let everyone no our iec opened yesterday (Our being Ireland). the first few steps are not to bad. it has been a major hit so far in 30 hours of it being open this is how it is looking for us now they are expecting to be all gone in Ireland by Friday. so my advice would to be is to have all your info ready to go
quota: 6,350
Working Holiday places remaining: 2,828
Updated: 30/01/2013
Crazy isnt it, I wonder what it is thats actually made it so popular this time, maybe for ireland the 2 years has made the difference, the economys not great but its not THAT much different than last year
Old Jan 30th 2013, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by empirestate
Crazy isnt it, I wonder what it is thats actually made it so popular this time, maybe for ireland the 2 years has made the difference, the economys not great but its not THAT much different than last year
Didn't they remove the habitual residency requirement this year as well?
Old Jan 30th 2013, 9:33 pm

salmonfella is an unknown quantity at this point

yea mate the twos years i think made it pretty sweet alright. i suppose you will have 2 or 3 k in canada that will be applying for there second one so they will take a fair junk and then the rest is newbies canada is the new oz for us haha
Old Jan 30th 2013, 11:28 pm
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light

Didn't France's allocation go within a week? I remember checking on their site at one point. Pretty sure they get something like 10,000 too.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

How can it change so drastically in one year? This is just unbelievable.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

Now down to 2,342
Old Jan 31st 2013, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

Oaken is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeBrit
Because instead of having to collect all the documents fill them in and and mail them to sit in an embassy for 2-4 weeks before someone even looks at it.

All we need to do now is fill in a few forms upload a copy of your passport and pay the fee.

Also we don't even know at what point they reserve the visa, it could be as soon as someone makes an account as I highly doubt they have checked over 3000+ applications in less than a day. Embassy's take forever for a reason they are seriously understaffed.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Does anyone know at approximately which time of day the Irish one opened? Was it 9am? Also were there any issues with downtimes due to high volumes of traffic?
Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

hayleyke is an unknown quantity at this point

What did stage 1 require exactly, any Irish folk can answer?

I can pay a fee/scan my passport where I am....have two proofs of UK residency [being my drivers licence and passport...i POSSIBLY have a bank statement with me which'd also include my UK address]...but I think that's about all I can manage for the next 2.5 weeks, as I'm abroad [and far at that] though I have passport photos at home that can be signed quickly/scanned almost on same day I ask someone...but police/medical/a new bank statement, no dice.

Any advice?
Old Jan 31st 2013, 7:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

They've all gone within a week or two in the past here as well. So it's not that unusual.

I've always said people should apply ASAP and lost count of the number of newbies that have told me 'they won't go for months, why are you saying that?'.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 31st 2013 at 7:13 am.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 7:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know at approximately which time of day the Irish one opened? Was it 9am? Also were there any issues with downtimes due to high volumes of traffic?
It was at 3.30pm iirc, but they all open at different times so don't assume the UK one will be the same.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
They've all gone within a week or two in the past here as well. So it's not that unusual.

I've always said people should apply ASAP and lost count of the number of newbies that have told me 'they won't go for months, why are you saying that?'.
Why then do you think there were places available until May last year? Was it an unusually undersubscribed year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.