Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Jan 30th 2013, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

empirestate is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by kangoolari
But then it might slow down after the initial rush.....so the remaining 3000 or so visas might last until May

I'm betting it's going to open at some point between 5 and 8:30 tonight - the only time in the week when I'm away from my computer, and not constantly refreshing the page
Yeah the Irish has slowed now, but 300 a day is still alot. I imagine the offices close at 5.30-6 so we'd be looking at tomorrow now, it wont launch at like 9pm incase it all crashes and noones there to fix it :-p
Old Jan 30th 2013, 3:47 am
Just Joined

alaskayoungx is an unknown quantity at this point

Hearing about how quickly the Irish places are going is making me worry about how quickly the UK places will go!
I haven't got my ACRO application back yet, if I don't get on this year can I still use it for next year or does that mean I just wasted £45? Is anyone else in the same position as me? :/
Old Jan 30th 2013, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=alaskayoungx;10515059]Hearing about how quickly the Irish places are going is making me worry about how quickly the UK places will go!
I haven't got my ACRO application back yet, if I don't get on this year can I still use it for next year or does that mean I just wasted £45? Is anyone else in the same position as me? :/[/QUOTE

I think the uploading the police certificate etc is for the second part when we apply for the work permit from mycic.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by alaskayoungx
Hearing about how quickly the Irish places are going is making me worry about how quickly the UK places will go!
I haven't got my ACRO application back yet, if I don't get on this year can I still use it for next year or does that mean I just wasted £45? Is anyone else in the same position as me? :/
I think you don't need the police certificate until the second part of the application - so you can do the first part of the application even while you're waiting for your police certificate
Old Jan 30th 2013, 3:56 am
Just Joined

mishpotato is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alaskayoungx
I'm in the same position. Still waiting for the police certificate but it might not be needed for the first part of the application.
In any case, I wouldn't worry about places running out in that time. Highly unlikely.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 4:10 am
Just Joined

DaveLow11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

am I right in assuming the IEC Kompass will be opened/released when the window opens?
Old Jan 30th 2013, 4:11 am
Just Joined

alaskayoungx is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay thank you so much! I just have a really bad tendency to worry about everything haha.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DaveLow11
Hi

am I right in assuming the IEC Kompass will be opened/released when the window opens?
it will open when the program does, within the next 24 hours.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 4:24 am
Just Joined

Jay92 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there guys, hope your well.

Anxiously waiting for the IEC to open this week, was wondering if anyone can help me.

I am aware that the whole application process will be done online this year, which means we will require digital copies of our police check and passport.

I wanted to know what would be the most appropriate and safe option in obtaining the digital copies, should we get them scanned and upload them, or could we just take good quality pictures and upload them?

kid regards

Jay
Old Jan 30th 2013, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jay92
hi there guys, hope your well.

Anxiously waiting for the IEC to open this week, was wondering if anyone can help me.

I am aware that the whole application process will be done online this year, which means we will require digital copies of our police check and passport.

I wanted to know what would be the most appropriate and safe option in obtaining the digital copies, should we get them scanned and upload them, or could we just take good quality pictures and upload them?

kid regards

Jay
I've just scanned them in, to be safe I'd say use a high quality colour scanner, although if you have a decent camera that should be okay too.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 4:55 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by empirestate
That page is from November, before the iec and the work permit application were separated, as far as I can see that test seems to suggest you can, Id certainy apply and try, Unless the actual work permit itself says IEC but even then nowhere on the test does it say iec is excluded, and now iec no longer give you a work permit at all, you apply for it separately! all being accepted in the program does is qualify you for one? just same as a provintial nomination would qualify you for one.
1. IEC is not issued under Sec 204 of the Regulations, International Agreements. It is issued under Sec 205(b) of the Regulations reciprocal employment

International agreements

204. A work permit may be issued under section 200 to a foreign national who intends to perform work pursuant to

(a) an international agreement between Canada and one or more countries, other than an agreement concerning seasonal agricultural workers;

(b) an agreement entered into by one or more countries and by or on behalf of one or more provinces; or

(c) an agreement entered into by the Minister with a province or group of provinces under subsection 8(1) of the Act.

205. A work permit may be issued under section 200 to a foreign national who intends to perform work that

(a) would create or maintain significant social, cultural or economic benefits or opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents;

(b) would create or maintain reciprocal employment of Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada in other countries;

(c) is designated by the Minister as being work that can be performed by a foreign national on the basis of the following criteria, namely,

(i) the work is related to a research, educational or training program, or

(ii) limited access to the Canadian labour market is necessary for reasons of public policy relating to the competitiveness of Canada's academic institutions or economy; or

(d) is of a religious or charitable nature.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 5:17 am
Just Joined

AnntonetteC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I just filled out the application stages on my Kompass account and they sent me a letter with details on how to make payment. I made an online transfer and it now says I need to upload proof of payment. I have screencapped my ''payment log'' on my online banking but this does not include my full name, account number etc, it's basically just a log of the payment. I left a note below with the required details.
Do you think this is sufficient as proof of payment?
I have no other form of receipt.

Thanks in advance

A
Old Jan 30th 2013, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

saryfairy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AnntonetteC
Hi,
I just filled out the application stages on my Kompass account and they sent me a letter with details on how to make payment. I made an online transfer and it now says I need to upload proof of payment. I have screencapped my ''payment log'' on my online banking but this does not include my full name, account number etc, it's basically just a log of the payment. I left a note below with the required details.
Do you think this is sufficient as proof of payment?
I have no other form of receipt.

Thanks in advance

A
Hi how have you got a Kompass account if you dont mind me asking as the uk IEC hasnt opened yet??
Old Jan 30th 2013, 5:30 am
Just Joined

AnntonetteC is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got friends in high places
Old Jan 30th 2013, 5:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnntonetteC
I've got friends in high places
Or, you're applying under the Irish program?! I assume so as you're at the payment stage.

Saryfairy, you can get a Kompass account if you really want one by going on to the Irish page of the site and doing it from there. Although there's little point until the UK program opens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.