International Experience Canada

Old Jan 31st 2013, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

laura_mc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by flo-bee
Did your partner receive an email to say they received his application? If he has a record it won't be declined, he will just receive a record with those charges on it.
Yes he did. Ah okay, that's good then. Thank you. Think I'm just needlessly panicking/giving myself a distraction from constantly refreshing!

Do you happen to know if driving offences over 5 years ago would still come up on his record? He was arrested over it so that's the only reason why we think it might be classed as a 'criminal record'
Old Jan 31st 2013, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

empirestate is an unknown quantity at this point

Im actually frustrated! why do we have to be last :-( talk about waiting till the last hour! Its not gonna be before Feb 1st obviously! I doubt itll open tonight.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

yeastery is on a distinguished road

Is it just me or is there something about the IEC site that looks constantly like there's a brand new announcement on there? Every time I refresh I double take. It's the big red banners, I guess.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

MikeBrit will become famous soon enough

I dont want to be the one to say it, but we could be looking down the barrel of a delay of a week or more. I mean, they did say that it would open BEFORE feb 1st, and that any information of changes to eligibility (which it seems there might be) would be BEFORE that, so it is possible tomorrow all we will see is a note informing of us of eligibility changes and saying that because of higher than predicted demand from other countries ours wont open til mid Feb....
Old Jan 31st 2013, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

flo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by laura_mc
Yes he did. Ah okay, that's good then. Thank you. Think I'm just needlessly panicking/giving myself a distraction from constantly refreshing!

Do you happen to know if driving offences over 5 years ago would still come up on his record? He was arrested over it so that's the only reason why we think it might be classed as a 'criminal record'
I am not too sure on the subject (anyone else with knowledge feel free to correct me), but I think if your partner has paid off the fine and everything, it will say on the police report "no live record". As in, there are no pending charges, but there is evidence of a past record.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

flo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by yeastery
Is it just me or is there something about the IEC site that looks constantly like there's a brand new announcement on there? Every time I refresh I double take. It's the big red banners, I guess.
I'm the same! I think it's just wishful thinking.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

laura_mc is an unknown quantity at this point

Definitely! Every time I look I see a different bit of text first and think it's new... but no. Don't think it will be today now :-(
Old Jan 31st 2013, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

yeastery is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MikeBrit
I dont want to be the one to say it, but we could be looking down the barrel of a delay of a week or more. I mean, they did say that it would open BEFORE feb 1st, and that any information of changes to eligibility (which it seems there might be) would be BEFORE that, so it is possible tomorrow all we will see is a note informing of us of eligibility changes and saying that because of higher than predicted demand from other countries ours wont open til mid Feb....
It makes sense. They legally have to keep application processing times to 8 weeks which may be impossible on top of the existing Irish applications. What isn't legally required is that they open the program by a certain date - that's just something they've claimed on the webpage. They also said there would be more info back in fall and it didn't arrive until Jan 17th this year. So.. you may be right.

I just hope it launches in time for me to get there for a job I have which starts in May...
Old Jan 31st 2013, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

TeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud of

Hello,

I have been planning for months to apply for IEC but now i am moving to Canada with my parents as my dad is being sponsored by a company to go out and work for them.. Do I still need to apply for IEC before I go to Canada or am I able to work there without a visa as I am moving with my parents. Someone please help, I am confused and impatient and just can't wait to get to Canada.

Thank you!
Old Jan 31st 2013, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

onyourradar is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder if they will even open tomorrow now � ����
Old Jan 31st 2013, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

MikeBrit will become famous soon enough

It makes sense. They legally have to keep application processing times to 8 weeks which may be impossible on top of the existing Irish applications. What isn't legally required is that they open the program by a certain date - that's just something they've claimed on the webpage. They also said there would be more info back in fall and it didn't arrive until Jan 17th this year. So.. you may be right.

I just hope it launches in time for me to get there for a job I have which starts in May...
Yeah man I was just sure I would have my application well underway by Feb so I went and booked a long trip to Africa from March 1st...... and budgeted on being able to head straight to Canada on my return as I wont have much more than the flight and the 2.5k when I get back. God I hope those pesky Canadians dont **** me over!
Old Jan 31st 2013, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

I KNOW I thought that too, I refreshed and something looked different! Its not been updated according to the bottom date, so we must be going crazy!
Old Jan 31st 2013, 7:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeddiSam
Hello,

I have been planning for months to apply for IEC but now i am moving to Canada with my parents as my dad is being sponsored by a company to go out and work for them.. Do I still need to apply for IEC before I go to Canada or am I able to work there without a visa as I am moving with my parents. Someone please help, I am confused and impatient and just can't wait to get to Canada.

Thank you!
It depends. How old are you, what is your dad's job, and which province are you going to?
Old Jan 31st 2013, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

TeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud of

I am 21, The job is long distance truck driving and we are moving to Alberta.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Glancing through, As of now (Thurs 31st 8pm) these countries still arnt open

UK, Germany, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain & Sweden

Sooooo We arnt the only ones waiting by any means...Not that that makes me feel any better :-p

And on another note the Latvia page has a different edit to ours, with the bottom stating

"Please note that the 2013 IEC initiative has not yet opened for applications. It will open in the next few weeks, and more information on the online process will be made available on this website. Stay tuned!"

Slovenia, Lithuania & Spain all have varying edits too with no date.

Few weeks, not Before February 1st :-( PLEASE SHOW UP...NOW (Magic)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.