Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Jun 27th 2012, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Stewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada

No worries
Old Jun 27th 2012, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by roberto_the_besto
Hello,

I've just failed my driving test in the UK lol. I was hoping I would pass so that I can use my full drivers licence as ID over in Canada because I got told that they don't accept provisional licences. Is that correct?

Also, would I be able to swap my provisional licence for a provisional Canadian Licence?

Is there any way of getting a different type of ID that meets Canadian requirements or is there a scheme in Canada that is similar to the UK where you can prove your age? I get asked in the UK all of the time for ID even though I am 24 and I am NOT carry my passport around with me everywhere.

Robert

They will accept is as Bar ID but not as a Licence here as they dont have a Canadian Provisional Liscence here.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

Loui-d is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LakeLouise
when you enter, let them know you have an iec work permit, but are entering as a tourist to begin with. if they let you in as a tourist (they should), when you want to begin working you will need to go back to a broder and 'flagpole'. that basically means crossing into the states, but usually you don't even go that far. then at the border office they will issue your work permit, just like they would at the airport.
vancouver is amazing, one of my favourite cities in the world, you'll have an amazing time! try and get to kelowna this summer, play on the lake!

hope this helps
Thanks so much, your a star i totally understand so ill do that. I was a bit worried they wouldnt let me enter as a tourist because i have the IEC and would want me to activate it there and then. I'm rubbish at lying to officials so i didnt want to make anything up but you've reassured me otherwise
Old Jun 27th 2012, 12:28 am
Just Joined

LakeLouise is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Loui-d
Thanks so much, your a star i totally understand so ill do that. I was a bit worried they wouldnt let me enter as a tourist because i have the IEC and would want me to activate it there and then. I'm rubbish at lying to officials so i didnt want to make anything up but you've reassured me otherwise
Don't lie to them about anything! Make your intentions clear, and if they won't allow you to enter as a tourist (I can't see That happening to be honest) then they should just issue it then and there. Good luck!
Old Jun 27th 2012, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

the lythes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Loui-d
hi all,

finally got my LOI this morning! I am sooo happy now i can finally put my plans into motion. This forum without a doubt has been great support when I secretly panic. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting.

my timeline if it helps those waiting-

App sent-11th May
NOR-16th May
Payment request-14th June
Payment sent + proof of payment-16th June
passed to CIC-18th June
LOI-27th June!!
Wow thats quick! Congrats!!! I got my passed to CIC 20th June so
Old Jun 27th 2012, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LakeLouise
Don't lie to them about anything! Make your intentions clear, and if they won't allow you to enter as a tourist (I can't see That happening to be honest) then they should just issue it then and there. Good luck!
i wont thanks again!
Old Jun 27th 2012, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by the lythes
Wow thats quick! Congrats!!! I got my passed to CIC 20th June so
thats what i thought, good luck
Old Jun 27th 2012, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by scottyxx
Yeah using my Canadian TFSA as funds, when I mailed my application I had an outstanding LOI - it won't affect it.
Out of interest, how do you have a TFSA if you are on the IEC visa? My bank (PCF) told me you needed to be a PR with a permanent SIN to get one...

Btw we are in very similar situations: I am from Scotland, in Canada on IEC, just got my 2nd IEC, applying for spousal PR (FSW rejected because no LMO).
Old Jun 27th 2012, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Yeah we are pretty similar, I did mine with ING, Gave them my SIN number (which as a matter of fact has been expired for over a year) and I have one. I pay taxes so I figure I should be allowed one. Never even thought to ask!
Old Jun 27th 2012, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Hey all. Anyone else receive a 'Welcome to IEC' letter before they actually received their LOI? This has just happened to me! The LOI has absolutely not ended up in a junk folder as I check it everyday, nor been deleted.

Last communication from the IEC dudes was a week ago requesting I send them a Canadian police certificate. (I have been here more than 6 months and my name matches a known criminal's, and have to prove that's not me!)
Old Jun 27th 2012, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Stewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond repute

LOI came today! Oddly enough, this year has actually been processed quicker than last years. Although this years has definetely caused more stress by virtue of hearing about other peoples stories.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Stewart84
LOI came today! Oddly enough, this year has actually been processed quicker than last years. Although this years has definetely caused more stress by virtue of hearing about other peoples stories.
congratulations! when was yours passed to CIC?
Old Jun 27th 2012, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers! the 16th
Old Jun 27th 2012, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine came too! Or what I assume to be the LOI as it doesn't actually say letter of introduction anywhere but it says it's what I need to show at the airport...

My processing time was just over 6 weeks in total - so glad I got bored of revising one day and decided to apply haha

Good luck to all those still waiting x
Old Jun 27th 2012, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jennika
Mine came too! Or what I assume to be the LOI as it doesn't actually say letter of introduction anywhere but it says it's what I need to show at the airport...

My processing time was just over 6 weeks in total - so glad I got bored of revising one day and decided to apply haha

Good luck to all those still waiting x
ooh hopefully mine won't be long now then!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.