International Experience Canada

Old Jun 30th 2012, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by Jennika
Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on what type of work/how many hours we can work on this visa? I'm guessing no as it doesn't say anywhere (unless I've missed it) but just wanted to make sure...?
The main restriction is doing a job that requires a medical otherwise work as much and as many hours as you wish.
More FAQ here
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...view=d#General
Old Jun 30th 2012, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point

Great - thanks for the link.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iBoBBa
Ah, I didn't realise you could apply twice. As of this Sunday we will be living together and she is a Canadian resident. (Currently living in Langley, BC)
Cool. You can apply for your second visa when the 2013 program opens, you don't have to wait until your current one expires.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

twohoots is an unknown quantity at this point

Regarding that, I got my visa in February, but I won't be using it until September, am I able to apply for the second year as soon as the 2013 allocation opens, even though I will only be ~3 months in to this years?
Old Jul 1st 2012, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by twohoots
Regarding that, I got my visa in February, but I won't be using it until September, am I able to apply for the second year as soon as the 2013 allocation opens, even though I will only be ~3 months in to this years?
Yes
Old Jul 1st 2012, 1:38 am
Just Joined

sunshine87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone congrats to those just getting the LOIs, my best friend finally got hers last night too after 6 months of stress with our applications.

So I am moving to Vancouver on 11th July...

I haven't been in the UK since Oct last year and not going back before entering Canada so they will have to accept my online print out of bank statement as proof of funds, ridiculous if they don't!

But my next hurdle is travel insurance, bad luck mine just expired yesterday and I haven't had internet for the past week as I am currently in Belize...so now my option of renewing that before expiry (with Insure and Go) is out...ACE insurance is a no-go as need to be leaving from the UK...World Nomads is too expensive...so not sure what to do? Any other options?

It seems like I might have to just buy a cheap one, eg. Ace or the others recommended as that will get me in by the borders BUT I guess if I ever needed to claim they would then maybe find out I didnt leave from the UK so would say insurance not valid? What do you guys think? Fingers crossed nothing would happen to me anyway, then also after 3 months working you get national healthcare anyway don't you? Just thinking worst case scenario...
Old Jul 1st 2012, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

roberto_the_besto is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, so I fly to TO tomorrow. How do I apply for my SIN, do I just turn up at the office? I don't have anywhere to live yet!

Is it easy to get one?

Robert
Old Jul 1st 2012, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

roberto_the_besto is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunshine87
Hey everyone congrats to those just getting the LOIs, my best friend finally got hers last night too after 6 months of stress with our applications.

So I am moving to Vancouver on 11th July...

I haven't been in the UK since Oct last year and not going back before entering Canada so they will have to accept my online print out of bank statement as proof of funds, ridiculous if they don't!

But my next hurdle is travel insurance, bad luck mine just expired yesterday and I haven't had internet for the past week as I am currently in Belize...so now my option of renewing that before expiry (with Insure and Go) is out...ACE insurance is a no-go as need to be leaving from the UK...World Nomads is too expensive...so not sure what to do? Any other options?

It seems like I might have to just buy a cheap one, eg. Ace or the others recommended as that will get me in by the borders BUT I guess if I ever needed to claim they would then maybe find out I didnt leave from the UK so would say insurance not valid? What do you guys think? Fingers crossed nothing would happen to me anyway, then also after 3 months working you get national healthcare anyway don't you? Just thinking worst case scenario...
I don't know much about the insurance side of things but as for the free healthcare after 3 months that is only valid if you have a valid work contract for 6 months or more!!!
Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roberto_the_besto
Hello, so I fly to TO tomorrow. How do I apply for my SIN, do I just turn up at the office? I don't have anywhere to live yet!

Is it easy to get one?

Robert
Take all documents to your nearest Service Canada office on Tuesday and apply for the SIN.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by roberto_the_besto
I don't know much about the insurance side of things but as for the free healthcare after 3 months that is only valid if you have a valid work contract for 6 months or more!!!
Each Province/Territory has its own healthcare rules. Just because Ontario will cover doesnt mean Nova Scotia will. Check with the area you will be living and working in.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:57 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Take all documents to your nearest Service Canada office on Tuesday and apply for the SIN.
You need an address in Canada for them to mail the SIN
Old Jul 1st 2012, 5:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

You need an address in Canada for them to mail the SIN
True but if needed they could get a PO Box number as a stop gap till they find a more permanent address. A minor flaw in the IEC process as a few have no address when they arrive here but want to work straight away, but cant because they have no SIN card. Unless Service Canada will give them written confirmation of the number until they get the actual card so they can show an employer that they can legally work.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Stewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond repute

Is the welcome letter a big deal? i never got one
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

age26 is an unknown quantity at this point

what address do most people give when getting their SIN? And does anyone know how long it takes to come through? I'm staying at a hostel for the first two weeks so I don't know what address I would give
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Been a busy busy weekend but to confirm to all flagpolers, 1-you need to get denied entry from the states, 2-you need to pay the toll for entering the states 3-you WILL NEED INSURANCE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.