Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Jun 27th 2012, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

Emeralds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Hi everyone

New poster but this thread has been a most useful resource. I'm passed to CIC so just waiting for the LOI (hopefully). I have a question that doesn't seem to be covered elsewhere.

I am thinking of spending a few weeks in the U.S. before entering Canada to activate my work permit. However, the guidance states that you must have your UK bank statement showing funds be less than a week old. Does this mean that it won't be possible to go anywhere before Canada (since I won't be able to get a stamped bank statement after leaving the UK)?

Similarly, those people who enter as visitors, find jobs, then flagpole to maximise their working time - how do they deal with the requirement to show a very recent UK bank statement?

Thanks.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Loui-d is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jennika
Mine came too! Or what I assume to be the LOI as it doesn't actually say letter of introduction anywhere but it says it's what I need to show at the airport...

My processing time was just over 6 weeks in total - so glad I got bored of revising one day and decided to apply haha

Good luck to all those still waiting x
Congrats! yay
Old Jun 28th 2012, 12:00 am
Just Joined

af1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Eh this is poo.

So, on the 20th of June they asked me to send another barcode page for the IMM1295 as I'd forgotten to sign it. I sent that off to them the same day.

Since then I've heard nothing, so my question is do they acknowledge the receipt of additional documentation through email, or do they not bother?

Timeline.
NOR: 4th May
Payment Request 26th May
CIC: 6th June.
Request for replacement Documentation: 20th June
LOI: ???
Old Jun 28th 2012, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Do an Online statement, you can print i out while your one the go, or else you will have to have one mailed to you, its not worth taking the risk if you are already in the states.

Remember to fill in your Visa Waiver before going into the States, and make sure you have your LOI with you, or they might not let you in without a return flight.

Originally Posted by Emeralds
Hi everyone

New poster but this thread has been a most useful resource. I'm passed to CIC so just waiting for the LOI (hopefully). I have a question that doesn't seem to be covered elsewhere.

I am thinking of spending a few weeks in the U.S. before entering Canada to activate my work permit. However, the guidance states that you must have your UK bank statement showing funds be less than a week old. Does this mean that it won't be possible to go anywhere before Canada (since I won't be able to get a stamped bank statement after leaving the UK)?

Similarly, those people who enter as visitors, find jobs, then flagpole to maximise their working time - how do they deal with the requirement to show a very recent UK bank statement?

Thanks.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by af1987
Eh this is poo.

So, on the 20th of June they asked me to send another barcode page for the IMM1295 as I'd forgotten to sign it. I sent that off to them the same day.

Since then I've heard nothing, so my question is do they acknowledge the receipt of additional documentation through email, or do they not bother?

Timeline.
NOR: 4th May
Payment Request 26th May
CIC: 6th June.
Request for replacement Documentation: 20th June
LOI: ???
wow you are lucky the asked you for a replacement doc, and didnt reject you! I got rejected for my signatures being different colours.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Loui-d is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottyxx
Do an Online statement, you can print i out while your one the go, or else you will have to have one mailed to you, its not worth taking the risk if you are already in the states.

Remember to fill in your Visa Waiver before going into the States, and make sure you have your LOI with you, or they might not let you in without a return flight.
i want to enter as a visitor and 'flagpole' too, i didnt think about not having proof of funds that was a week old, thanks for that! do you think they'll accept it?
Old Jun 28th 2012, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

My account is Online only, so I have an online statement, as its all ive been issued with. Previously I had to have a piece of paper signed by the banks saying I had more than X amount of $s to my name. I mean, chances are they wont ask for it, but you are better no to risk it.

So you are going to go to the states as a visitor, then Canada as a visitor, then back to the states to flag pole? They might just question you State side when you land, as they seem to think everyone is trying to sneak in, but you'll be fine!

I am picking up my permit tomorrow, so I can give you first timers specifics on FlagPoling if required.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 2:13 am
Just Joined

Is there any clear word about whether online statements are okay? Because I can definitely log in to my online banking and print it out, but sometimes in these sorts of situations officials want something on official letterhead paper or stamped by the bank. The guidance doesn't make it clear how you have to establish proof of funds.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 2:16 am
Just Joined

So you are going to go to the states as a visitor, then Canada as a visitor, then back to the states to flag pole? They might just question you State side when you land, as they seem to think everyone is trying to sneak in, but you'll be fine!
Oh no, I'm just planning to activate my work permit as soon as I arrive in Canada, hopefully after a little holiday time in the states. I just mention the thing about starting in Canada as a visitor because it seems to raise the same question about the standard of proof of funds if you have been out of the UK for more than a week (i.e. is a self-printed online statement okay?).
Old Jun 28th 2012, 2:39 am
BE Enthusiast

I am taking a self printed one tomorrow - so I can let you know!
Old Jun 28th 2012, 2:46 am
Just Joined

I am taking a self printed one tomorrow - so I can let you know!
Thanks, that'd be great.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LakeLouise
ooh hopefully mine won't be long now then!
Yeah any day now!

Does anyone know if it matters that you put your port of entry as Toronto then say end up working in Calgary?
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jennika
Yeah any day now!

Does anyone know if it matters that you put your port of entry as Toronto then say end up working in Calgary?
Doesn't matter, I think they just like to keep track of these things for statistics...I think!
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

Stewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond repute

when you renew your sin card can you just walk into service ontario and do the same thing as the first time?
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stewart84
when you renew your sin card can you just walk into service ontario and do the same thing as the first time?
No Idea! I never renewed mine..It expired in like 2010.....I am just going to walk in like I did the first time. you'll need a valid work permit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.