Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old May 25th 2012, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

roberto_the_besto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Hello again, also I will have to come home in November to graduate. Will I have to show proof of funds once again when I re-enter Canada a week later?

Sorry for all of the questions.
Old May 25th 2012, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Ashleigh.james87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone's payment request say €105, I thought it had to be £90?
Old May 25th 2012, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

nutfreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Ugh... Got sent to the final stage (CIC) the 9th and still I have no Loi. I'm getting pretty worried as people who have got sent to the CIC similar days have got their Loi's this week... :\
Old May 25th 2012, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ashleigh.james87
Does anyone's payment request say €105, I thought it had to be £90?
Silly question but have you applied from Ireland or another country that uses the Euro?
Old May 25th 2012, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

No, I'm British but living in Bermuda at the moment so I don't understand! Definitely sent it to the English one too. How much did yours say?
Old May 25th 2012, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

I sent mine to the London one because I am in England and they requested £90. That is really strange. I would e-mail them. You could also wait until someone else comes along later on and see what they say.

The best thing is to e-mail them. It's rather frustrating for you as it's an other setback.
Old May 25th 2012, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

I've just sent the £90 off as I don't know what e-mail address they would respond to. Also when I sent them an e-mail so they know I have paid, I didn't attach a receipt because I did it online and Halifax doesn't provide receipts, you think that'd be a problem?
Old May 25th 2012, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

megarhandi is an unknown quantity at this point

so...i don't really understand their little blurb on the website. if you've sent your payment are you guaranteed a visa (considering your application is approved) or is there a chance you can get an email saying "sorry, no more left"?
Old May 25th 2012, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Gazza292 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Like everyone else I'm painfully waiting for my LOI I already have a job which I should have started this month but there fine with waiting luckly but I really should get going soon!

Where in Canada are people planning on going? I'm heading to Vancouver I imagine in June now via Canadian affair. Just interested to see what other people's plans are.

Also any advice on Canadian phone plans would be great as its far more complicated then in the UK.

Timeline:

Application sent: 07/03/2012
NOR: 03/04/2012
Payment request: 23/04/2012
Payment made: 26/04/2012
2nd phase: 15/05/2012
LOI:
Old May 25th 2012, 10:57 pm
Banned

Rollios is an unknown quantity at this point

After yesterdays worry I woke up this morning to see my LOI had arrived!
Old May 26th 2012, 2:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rollios
After yesterdays worry I woke up this morning to see my LOI had arrived!
When was your passed to CIC?

May 10th for me and still waiting. What has annoyed me more than anything is the fact that they keep punting the "first come, first served" thing. Which is evidently not even slightly true.

and before anyone says, yes I know PR takes years of waiting and we should all be grateful that this is only taking 6 months to process.
Old May 26th 2012, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

dan09uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Third6

May 10th for me and still waiting. What has annoyed me more than anything is the fact that they keep punting the "first come, first served" thing. Which is evidently not even slightly true.

and before anyone says, yes I know PR takes years of waiting and we should all be grateful that this is only taking 6 months to process.
I expect to have my PR faster or around the same time that this IEC visa has taken, common law sponsored PR via London is taking around 5-6 months at the moment!

Iv sent my first app of in Jan, second late feb and passed to CIC 8th May, still no LOI!
Old May 26th 2012, 2:51 am
Just Joined

englishguy2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Third6

What everyone should remember is that even if they are processing on a first come first served basis then that doesn't mean that every application will take the same time to process. People have different backgrounds, may come from "higher" risk areas, criminal records, harder to prove education etc.

On another note I was asked to pay 105euros in the letter so that is what I paid - they can't refuse me for doing what was asked!
Old May 26th 2012, 2:53 am
Just Joined

englishguy2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ashleigh.james87
I've just sent the £90 off as I don't know what e-mail address they would respond to. Also when I sent them an e-mail so they know I have paid, I didn't attach a receipt because I did it online and Halifax doesn't provide receipts, you think that'd be a problem?
Surely you should have sent what they asked for. The website says the fee is 150CDN (about £90) but it doesn't say you will be asked to pay exactly £90. Neither 105EUR or 90GBP convert to exactly 150CDN so I would go with what the letter asks.
Old May 26th 2012, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Meialin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gazza292
Also any advice on Canadian phone plans would be great as its far more complicated then in the UK.
I've gone with Virgin Mobile, they have a pretty good set of plans that unlike in the UK you can have pay monthly contracts which you can cancel whenever you want without voiding the contract.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.