Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old May 25th 2012, 6:18 am
Just Joined

meatballsub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

We will not accept any applications mailed after Monday May 28th, 2012 (as attested by the postal mark). There is no guarantee that applications received before this date will be approved. Applications are processed on a first come first served basis. Once the quota is full with applications that have been approved, we will stop all processing. You will be notified of the status of your application as soon as possible.

Information regarding the opening of the 2013 International Experience Canada Working Holiday for participants from the UK will be posted on this page in the fall of 2012. We thank you for your interest in Canada.
The website's been updated with this.

Surely this demonstrates that a confirmation of receipt email is surely not the same as being 'approved' - assigned a place - right?
Old May 25th 2012, 6:20 am
Just Joined

englishguy2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I have had such a hassle with the IEC this year - with my first application being rejected because I didn't include the original family info form. I am already in Toronto so this has been stressing me out so much.

My second application timeline has been as follows:

NOR: 8th May (2 weeks after sending the application)
Payment Request: 25th May
Payment Sent: 25th May (from Canada)

Fingers crossed that it will all get approved now and in a timely fashion. Just seen that the website has been updated with the following:

- - - - - - - - - -

We will not accept any applications mailed after Monday May 28th, 2012 (as attested by the postal mark). There is no guarantee that applications received before this date will be approved. Applications are processed on a first come first served basis. Once the quota is full with applications that have been approved, we will stop all processing. You will be notified of the status of your application as soon as possible.

Information regarding the opening of the 2013 International Experience Canada Working Holiday for participants from the UK will be posted on this page in the fall of 2012. We thank you for your interest in Canada.

- - - - - - - - - -

It is very badly written and doesn't really say whether anyone who has already got their NOR will have a place so kind of annoying!
Old May 25th 2012, 6:22 am
Just Joined

englishguy2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by englishguy2012
Hi,

I have had such a hassle with the IEC this year - with my first application being rejected because I didn't include the original family info form. I am already in Toronto so this has been stressing me out so much.

My second application timeline has been as follows:

NOR: 8th May (2 weeks after sending the application)
Payment Request: 25th May
Payment Sent: 25th May (from Canada)

Fingers crossed that it will all get approved now and in a timely fashion. Just seen that the website has been updated with the following:

- - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - -

It is very badly written and doesn't really say whether anyone who has already got their NOR will have a place so kind of annoying!
One thing that is clear is if you have been asked to pay then you do have a conditional place because the letter that is sent with the payment request says so - relieving for me but not others I know!
Old May 25th 2012, 6:28 am
Banned

Rollios is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate this process, just got an email saying they cant find my payment. They are asking for:

• Name of the holder of the account from which the payment was made (this is
important if payment was made from an account which is not in your name)
• Date of when payment was made
• Amount paid
• Your account number
• Reference number and name of the financial institution from which your payment
was made
• Reference number for this payment which was given to you by the financial
institution
• Information on the reference line of your payment, as inserted by your financial
institution
• Your WTN

I have no idea what the different reference numbers are, they are asking for 3. Is there no number I can call to speak to them?
Old May 25th 2012, 6:34 am
Just Joined

meatballsub is an unknown quantity at this point

Judging by the last few days it seems that people in the batch from the 4th of May are people receiving their payment requests. I'm not sure how they can continue to accept requests for a batch on Monday the 28th - nearly 3 weeks later, if they weren't treating the NOR as being a valid 'place' (as far as the counter is concerned)

If it's based on a request for payment then I think anyone who has applied in the last week should be a little wary, but I just can't see an organisation like this putting themselves in a situation where they have to mail back 3 weeks worth of the last applications - that could well be around a thousand of the things.

Ahh who am I kidding - i'm trying to be optimistic but I just feel like it'd be better if they didn't give us this bloody countdown!
Old May 25th 2012, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

James_88 is an unknown quantity at this point

i dunno how it works but i received my NOR on the 13th of may and pretty much just waiting on my payment request anyone has any idea where i maybe stand ? thanks
Old May 25th 2012, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems to be around 3 weeks to a month between NOR and payment request - I got my NOR on 16th so looks like I could be waiting a long time before I find out. Have a feeling I won't have made it this time around.... gutted. Oh well, there's always next year.
Old May 25th 2012, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

James_88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jennika
It seems to be around 3 weeks to a month between NOR and payment request - I got my NOR on 16th so looks like I could be waiting a long time before I find out. Have a feeling I won't have made it this time around.... gutted. Oh well, there's always next year.
i see i guess i just have to sit tight for the payment request! thats over two weeks ago i got my nor just wish i would hurry and and get my payment !!
Old May 25th 2012, 8:30 am
Just Joined

84louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rollios
I hate this process, just got an email saying they cant find my payment. They are asking for:

• Amount paid
• Your account number
• Reference number and name of the financial institution from which your payment
was made
institution
• Information on the reference line of your payment, as inserted by your financial
institution
• Your WTN

I have no idea what the different reference numbers are, they are asking for 3. Is there no number I can call to speak to them?
What a nightmare! I've received this email today too. I paid yesterday and the money has left my account.

I've replied to this by putting name of the bank and sortcode as the financial institution. The reference number i had when i look on my online statement is just the WTN number and for the info on the reference line of payment ive literally copy and pasted everything it says about the payment on my statement? Im not sure if this is all right, it seems so pointless as ive already paid.
Old May 25th 2012, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Dandaman1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rollios

• Amount paid
• Your account number
was made
institution
institution
• Your WTN

I got this too, as did a lot of people. I received the email a few seconds after sending the electronic copy of the form. I wasn't sure about the reference details, so I gave everything but. Hopefully this is some sort of admin error on their part. I'll re-send an email with the reference numbers if I find them, and I suggest you do the same to be safe!
Old May 25th 2012, 8:39 am
Just Joined

84louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dandaman1
I got this too, as did a lot of people. I received the email a few seconds after sending the electronic copy of the form. I wasn't sure about the reference details, so I gave everything but. Hopefully this is some sort of admin error on their part. I'll re-send an email with the reference numbers if I find them, and I suggest you do the same to be safe!
Makes me feel better then hopefully its just an email they've sent everyone. This is stressing me out when i sent the payment and electronic copy i thought it was all done.
Old May 25th 2012, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Beanie_man is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dandaman1
Guess what i also received the email today as well, so how many is that now?
Old May 25th 2012, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

LHaywood1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally got my LOI this morning! Here is my timeline:

Notice of receipt - 27th March
Accepted - Payment requested - 23rd April
Payment made - 23rd April
IEC eligible, sent to CIC - 10th May
LOI - 25th May

Good luck everyone!
Old May 25th 2012, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Dandaman1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Beanie_man
Guess what i also received the email today as well, so how many is that now?
At least a dozen on here. It probably went out to everybody who's at the same stage, so there could be hundreds of confused, worried applicants out there!
Old May 25th 2012, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

roberto_the_besto is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I am slightly confused because mine says this:

"Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved." My friends does not say that she can study so I am wondering what the difference is? Is it not a working holiday? I thought studying was not allowed if longer than 6 months? It does however say, Type - Work PT!

I am currently a student and will finish my studies next week. Does anyone know if this means I am able to apply for two more in the future or just one more, because I am sure if you are a student it is almost like it's not counted.

Also, I was thinking of entering Canada as a tourist and then changing to the IEC programme when I've found a job to help give me the whole 12 months, is this possible?

Good luck for all of those still waiting. My fingers are crossed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.