International Experience Canada

Old Jun 21st 2012, 3:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by scottyxx
I am trying my luck without. If I get denied, Ill buy it and go back. I really cant afford to spend $300 on insurance when my employer and my boyfriends insurance cover me in canada Hope I get lucky!
Maybe FL can help with this, but if you turn up without insurance and therefore aren't eligible to get the visa, wouldn't it just be refused? Meaning that you couldn't reuse it? Not sure you'd get to go away and still come back and use it another time, but hopefully FL can clarify.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Stewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, small concern. I've got -£48.19 in my TD account, the account fee ran it into the overdraft for a few months. Phoned them last night and agreed to pay them it back...this wouldnt show up on any CIC check would it?
Old Jun 21st 2012, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Stewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond repute

$48.19 of course
Old Jun 21st 2012, 4:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Maybe FL can help with this, but if you turn up without insurance and therefore aren't eligible to get the visa, wouldn't it just be refused? Meaning that you couldn't reuse it? Not sure you'd get to go away and still come back and use it another time, but hopefully FL can clarify.
Personally if it is a requirement of the IEC programme to have valid insurance on arrival regardless of if covered by other policies and not in possession of it then I wouldnt issue the TWP unless I got a message in writing from CIC saying it is ok not to have insurance if covered under others. If no insurance then I would either defer your examination until you got it or I would be requesting that you voluntarily withdraw your application to enter Canada.
Also to be noted to others who say they cant afford insurance etc

I am preparing to depart for Canada but I do not currently have the sufficient amount of funding to support the first three months of my stay in Canada as per the eligibility criteria of the IEC. What will happen when I arrive at the Port of Entry?

If you do not have a bank account statement that confirms you have sufficient funds to support yourself for the first three months of your stay in Canada (C$2,500) – at the time you arrive in Canada at the Port of Entry, you no longer meet the eligibility criteria to participate in the IEC initiative. As such, the Canada Border Services Agency officer who will examine your documentation may not issue your open work permit and may refuse your entry to Canada. It is therefore critical that you have this important piece of documentation with you when you first arrive in Canada.

What type of insurance must I subscribe to before leaving for Canada?
You must have and maintain insurance for the entire duration of your stay in Canada. Your insurance policy must cover you for:
•Health care, hospitalization and repatriation;
•The Canadian territory (the policy should specify North America, Canada/USA or worldwide);
•The entire duration of your stay in Canada
You must be able to provide proof of this insurance to the Immigration Officer upon your entry to Canada. To learn more about different insurance options, please consult. Please note that the High Commission of Canada to the UK does not have the mandate of providing a list of insurers.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 4:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Personally if it is a requirement of the IEC programme to have valid insurance on arrival regardless of if covered by other policies and not in possession of it then I wouldnt issue the TWP unless I got a message in writing from CIC saying it is ok not to have insurance if covered under others. If no insurance then I would either defer your examination until you got it or I would be requesting that you voluntarily withdraw your application to enter Canada.
Thanks FL, that's what I suspected. So somebody that turns up without insurance may not get the chance to come back with it at a later date. Seems a hell of a risk for anybody to take!
Old Jun 21st 2012, 4:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks FL, that's what I suspected. So somebody that turns up without insurance may not get the chance to come back with it at a later date. Seems a hell of a risk for anybody to take!
Yes it is plus the cost of the flight back from the UK to Canada is more than the insurance policy. If they have a valid LOI sure they could come back again with valid insurance but it would cost them more than the actual insurance policy had they had bought it in the 1st place.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Yes it is plus the cost of the flight back from the UK to Canada is more than the insurance policy. If they have a valid LOI sure they could come back again with valid insurance but it would cost them more than the actual insurance policy had they had bought it in the 1st place.
Out of interest, what if you had an insurance policy but it was only valid for 2 or 3 months?
Old Jun 21st 2012, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by michty6
Out of interest, what if you had an insurance policy but it was only valid for 2 or 3 months?
Then you would only get a TWP for that time or if CBSA doubt you will leave and comply then no TWP and perhaps sent back.
Too many what ifs and I only deal with what I have before me at a POE so I cant say what others will or wont do.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Im in Canada, and working in Canada. I have OHIP and Insurance though my job, this is why I am not buying it. I just paid my thousand odd dollars for my PR applcation, and have nothing in my bank account. It seems ridiculous for me to pay for insurance knowing full well I will never need it, or use it.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

If I have to get insurance does anyone know a company who will issue a refund for unused insurance on the term?
Old Jun 21st 2012, 5:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Im in Canada, and working in Canada. I have OHIP and Insurance though my job, this is why I am not buying it. I just paid my thousand odd dollars for my PR applcation, and have nothing in my bank account. It seems ridiculous for me to pay for insurance knowing full well I will never need it, or use it.
I can see your point, but bottom line is that you're not eligible for the visa without it. CIC have to have things like this in place for those that don't have insurance through their jobs, which I can also understand.

Most visas have requirements that are ridiculous to some applicants (such as those from England having to pay £200 to sit an English exam etc), but CIC have to apply a blanket policy to everyone applying.

Tricky one, but I wouldn't risk it myself - yes, it's a pain and an expense you don't need, but surely it's better than having the visa refused after all this hassle and cost to get it?
Old Jun 21st 2012, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

I can see your point, but bottom line is that you're not eligible for the visa without it. CIC have to have things like this in place for those that don't have insurance through their jobs, which I can also understand.

Most visas have requirements that are ridiculous to some applicants (such as those from England having to pay £200 to sit an English exam etc), but CIC have to apply a blanket policy to everyone applying.

Tricky one, but I wouldn't risk it myself - yes, it's a pain and an expense you don't need, but surely it's better than having the visa refused after all this hassle and cost to get it?
Yes, I paid the $300 English test..it was an awful experience! It just seems like yet another money grab from the CIC.

I suppose ill have to borrow money from my parents and do it

But, that being said, I am not in the UK, so being in Canada would not count as Travel, so I cannot sign up for travel insurance, as if I did it would only be valid outside of Canada. I assume I need to sign up for Basic Health insurance? So confused.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 5:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes, I paid the $300 English test..it was an awful experience! It just seems like yet another money grab from the CIC.
Why did you sit the IELTS exam for an IEC or spousal sponsorship application? It's not needed for either of those. Or are you talking about a previous application?

CIC don't get any money from the IELTS, so it's hardly a 'money grab' for them.....!
Old Jun 21st 2012, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

I sat the IELTS because I was going to apply via CEC then I was advised by an immigration lawyer to go for sponsorship lol. I wish he told me that before I sat the IELTS!
Old Jun 21st 2012, 5:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I sat the IELTS because I was going to apply via CEC then I was advised by an immigration lawyer to go for sponsorship lol. I wish he told me that before I sat the IELTS!
Ah, I see! Couldn't figure out why you'd done it from your timeline.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.