International Experience Canada

Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:11 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by MikeBrit
I wonder if they are surprised by the volume of applications for the Irish one and thus feel the need to delay?

Are the people that put it up in Canada or the UK? If they are in Canada it might well go up this evening if they are behind us, if its the embassy in the UK that puts it up I imagine no dice til tomorrow as it is nearly 5 o'clock.
The sites themselves are hosted in Canada and I believe all the applications this year are processed in Canada too. I'd make the assumption it'll be someone in Canada opening it.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

MikeBrit will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dandaman1
I'm hoping the rush for the UK programme isn't as mad - it looks like the Irish quota will be filled by next week! This is nothing like last year at all

Just gotta make sure I submit my application as soon as possible!
I've been thinking about it, and it is true that economically things are worse in Ireland than here and have been for longer, BUT they have filled up this quickly from a population of 4.5m, whereas we have a similar allocation of places and a population of 60m!

Also, why is this program so biased against the UK? We get the same about of places as Ireland who have one tenth the population, the French have the same population but get almost double the places, we have to wait til last to apply etc etc.....
Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Dandaman1 is on a distinguished road

I've been thinking about it, and it is true that economically things are worse in Ireland than here and have been for longer, BUT they have filled up this quickly from a population of 4.5m, whereas we have a similar allocation of places and a population of 60m!

Also, why is this program so biased against the UK? We get the same about of places as Ireland who have one tenth the population, the French have the same population but get almost double the places, we have to wait til last to apply etc etc.....
Disgruntled ex-colonists maybe?
Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by orly
The sites themselves are hosted in Canada and I believe all the applications this year are processed in Canada too. I'd make the assumption it'll be someone in Canada opening it.
In which case it could open anytime up until midnight in that particular province, and it would still technically be before the 1st February (after all, they never specified it was before 1st February UK time....I don't think)
Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

One might ask how many places Canadians get if applying to the UK under the same programme?

Taken from the UKBA website so I dont think Canada is biased
The countries and territories participating in the scheme, and the number of places or certificates of sponsorship allocated to them for 2013, are:
Australia - 35,000 places
Canada - 5,500 places
Japan - 1,000 places
Monaco - 1,000 places
New Zealand - 10,000 places
Republic of Korea - 1,000 places (certificates of sponsorship)
Taiwan - 1,000 places (certificates of sponsorship
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...obilityscheme/

Last edited by Former Lancastrian; Jan 31st 2013 at 4:27 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:15 pm

salmonfella is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there in canada in Ottawa so they are 5 hours behind us. so i would be checking regularly from now till 10 pm our time as it might open in that timeframe:0
Also our Iec kompass account has crashed again so this might delay yer one opening

Good relations between Ireland and Canada that's why.An agreement was signed recently between Ireland an Canada so that probably has a lot to do with it too

Last edited by salmonfella; Jan 31st 2013 at 4:18 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:19 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by salmonfella
Hey there in canada in Ottawa so they are 5 hours behind us. so i would be checking regularly from now till 10 pm our time as it might open in that timeframe:0
Also our Iec kompass account has crashed again so this might delay yer one opening

Good relations between Ireland and Canada that's why.An agreement was signed recently between Ireland an Canada so that probably has a lot to do with it too
To muddy the waters further...I believe the main CIC site is hosted by Telus who have some of their Data Centres in BC... which is 8 hours behind

Last edited by orly; Jan 31st 2013 at 4:22 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

onyourradar is an unknown quantity at this point

Ireland - has your support for three months money gone up on last year?
Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onyourradar
You can check the site yourself here - http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ex.aspx?view=d

But no, it's still $2,500 - although as usual, the caveat applies that it's not nearly enough to support yourself for long in Canada if you don't get a job straight away!
Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by onyourradar

WhaT?
Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by salmonfella
WhaT?
I think he means the money required for the 1st 3 months in Canada not support for your football or rugby teams.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:48 pm

OH
Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Am I right in assuming people are getting conditional places already? i.e. you get a spot reserved once you register a kompass account
Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

yeastery is on a distinguished road

My refresh button is broken
Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

yeastery is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by acrylicus
Am I right in assuming people are getting conditional places already? i.e. you get a spot reserved once you register a kompass account
That is correct
EDIT: Once you register and submit an application on kompass, I don't think it's just when you register a kompass account

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.