International Experience Canada

Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Greatdane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by kangoolari
I actually had a dream last night, where the program didn't open until 5am, and after about 15 minutes all the spaces were gone..... (and yes, I did wake up in a panic, until I checked the website and it hadn't been updated)
haha me to! I woke up and immediately got the webpage on my phone, half asleep i thought it was different, then i realized it was 4am and i went back to sleep.

Ive took today off work so i could sit down and hit refresh every 10 minutes to no avail. Needless to say im pretty gutted atm! Long months of waiting has finally got to me
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Good grief. Taking days off work, setting up autorefresh etc - what on earth are you all going to be like if you apply for PR?!
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Greatdane
haha me to! I woke up and immediately got the webpage on my phone, half asleep i thought it was different, then i realized it was 4am and i went back to sleep.
I did have another dream where you had to write a 30 page essay on why you wanted to go to Canada, before they would grant you a visa
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

wallsey28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Youre right, a triple whammy to be honest. Just had a thought, it may also have been affected by the amount of Irish citizens living and working in the UK, and therefore not being able to apply on the scheme before. All these conditions are bound to affectr the volumes of applications and the speed of them
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Good grief. Taking days off work, setting up autorefresh etc - what on earth are you all going to be like if you apply for PR?!
I plan to, and I'm growing fond of this forum! I'm sure I'll be known as a huge pain in the ass soon enough
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:58 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I think I'm reasonably sane with my PR application. I check it once a day usually even though it'll likely be a while before I hear anything. No harm in trying though
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

MikeBrit will become famous soon enough

When I was browsing these forums for the past month I was thinking quite condescendingly about the people going on about how stressed they were and dreaming about it and taking days off work and the like but actually I must admit even I am getting a bit anxty now....
Old Jan 31st 2013, 6:00 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

My brother is back in the UK and will be applying but he's about as organised as a bag of rubbish so I'm checking the site each day along with my mother lol
Old Jan 31st 2013, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MikeBrit
When I was browsing these forums for the past month I was thinking quite condescendingly about the people going on about how stressed they were and dreaming about it and taking days off work and the like but actually I must admit even I am getting a bit anxty now....
I think I would be less anxty if the Irish visas weren't going quite so fast
Old Jan 31st 2013, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kangoolari
I think I would be less anxty if the Irish visas weren't going quite so fast
Precisely, this is whats getting to me. Whatever people say about changes and new procedure and the like, a swing from filling up in four months last year to four days this year seems just incredible, almost logically impossible. If there were 4k+ people sitting waiting for it to open in tiny Ireland, just imagine how many Brits could be doing the same right now...... Britain has 13 times the population of Ireland so by that proportion it could be 50k!
Old Jan 31st 2013, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

laura_mc is an unknown quantity at this point

Argh think I'm getting to wear out my refresh button by the end of the night. Why aren't the out yet?!

Just another quick question if anyone can help. Do you know if they charge your for the ACPO police certificate if you don't actually get one? I sent mine off a few days before my partner and the cheque has been cashed at the start of the week and I've now got my certificate back but my partner hasn't had anything. I'm worried it's got declined as he's got a few driving offences (even though they were over 5 years ago), hate all this not knowing!
Old Jan 31st 2013, 6:14 pm
Drop in from time to time

JimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond repute

Woo Hoo! PoPo Certs have arrived: NO TRACE baby! They ain't never caught me! Took 14 days from sending till receiving, now just need this bloomin' application process to open.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by laura_mc
Argh think I'm getting to wear out my refresh button by the end of the night. Why aren't the out yet?!
I know, right? I dont wish to speak ill of the country I wish to move to, but honestly, how hard is it to just announce a release date and time (not a vague and perhaps false "before Feb 1") and stick to it.......?
Old Jan 31st 2013, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JimmyArtnull
Woo Hoo! PoPo Certs have arrived: NO TRACE baby! They ain't never caught me! Took 14 days from sending till receiving, now just need this bloomin' application process to open.
Haha, this gave me a chuckle.

I just e-mailed ldn.iec about a specific issue I have and they gave the usual generic response of 'dear madam Please be advised that all the details pertaining to the changes to eligibility criteria, opening date, application process, as well as duration of work permits, will be published on our website just prior to the opening of the 2013 working holiday initiative in order to allow applicants to prepare.'

sigh
Old Jan 31st 2013, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

flo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by laura_mc

Just another quick question if anyone can help. Do you know if they charge your for the ACPO police certificate if you don't actually get one? I sent mine off a few days before my partner and the cheque has been cashed at the start of the week and I've now got my certificate back but my partner hasn't had anything. I'm worried it's got declined as he's got a few driving offences (even though they were over 5 years ago), hate all this not knowing!
Did your partner receive an email to say they received his application? If he has a record it won't be declined, he will just receive a record with those charges on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.