International Experience Canada

Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

dodgeroo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Does anyone know if I need a medical as a social worker?
Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dodgeroo
Does anyone know if I need a medical as a social worker?
Yes, you will. From the IEC FAQ - "A medical examination is not generally required of persons residing in the United Kingdom. However, persons residing in the United Kingdom who are destined for occupations for which the protection of public health is essential must pass a medical examination. This includes working in hospitals or healthcare facilities, and working with children such as teachers and care providers."

And just checking, but you have looked in to what you need to work as a social worker in Canada? Iirc, you need a masters and to sit equivalency exams.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

dodgeroo is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I have a masters. I don't need to sit exams if my qualification is assessed as on a par with Canadian masters for social work.. For the province I'm intending on going o anyway. And you don't need a masters for all provinces. Mute point though as I have one, thanks.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

MikeBrit will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by laura_mc
Wow, only 2,951 Irish visas left since opening yesterday afternoon. Doesn't bode well for the UK visas :/
Out of how many to begin with? Was it also 5k? If so 2k applications in a day is insane....
Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MikeBrit
Out of how many to begin with? Was it also 5k? If so 2k applications in a day is insane....
Out of 6350, I think
Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

TorontoBartender is an unknown quantity at this point

They had 6,350 so nearly 3,500 in 36 hours lol!
Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kangoolari
Out of 6350, I think
That is absolutely nuts - how is it even possible for 3k people to apply in 24 hours?

**** I was assuming I could take it quite casually...... also how on earth are they gonna keep to the 8 weeks processing if they are swamped with that many?

I'd better get ready - what exactly am I gonna need come Friday?
Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dodgeroo
I don't need to sit exams if my qualification is assessed as on a par with Canadian masters for social work.
OK, cool, I just remember reading info from other social workers about the nightmare they've had being able to work, glad it's easier in your province. Hope the assessment doesn't take too long though.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

empirestate is an unknown quantity at this point

That is absolutely nuts - how is it even possible for 3k people to apply in 24 hours?

**** I was assuming I could take it quite casually...... also how on earth are they gonna keep to the 8 weeks processing if they are swamped with that many?

I'd better get ready - what exactly am I gonna need come Friday?
Its tomorrow! not Friday....we hope! Haha And I know I said the same thing, last year they ran out of 5350 in May, at this rate itll be within DAYS
Old Jan 30th 2013, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

It's just crazy, I cant quite believe it. I feel guilty because I've been telling people not to worry about it because it would take a couple of months at least. Unless it is more popular with the Irish for some reason?
Old Jan 30th 2013, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

TorontoBartender is an unknown quantity at this point

As per the Irish applicants, all that is needed is a copy of your passport and proof of payment sent but I am sure we will find out exactly what is needed tomorrow..
Old Jan 30th 2013, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

ro616 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yeastery
I like this post and I'm thinking: wouldn't it be cool if we made a guide of how to do the border? Just because it seems to be scary no matter how prepared you go. Something we could do is pool everyone's border crossing experience and see if there is a consensus. Anyone interested in helping me do this?
I could have just told them that but most tourists aren't there for 5 months and so there's a good chance that you'll get sent to the second check. I think it's partly random. However if you did only tell them you were there as a tourist, and then later disclosed you were applying for the iec then you could have some serious hassle. It really seems down to luck and how bad a day the officer you see is having.
Forum Regular

I didnt realize you paid up front, but that's cool, can we just pay online with a debit card?

Re the passport, as its online now do I have to scan it in an send it to them virtually?
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

It's just crazy, I cant quite believe it. I feel guilty because I've been telling people not to worry about it because it would take a couple of months at least. Unless it is more popular with the Irish for some reason?
I think the unemployment rate in Ireland is higher than in the UK? I remember seeing something on the news awhile ago about lots of people emigrating from Ireland, so maybe it's to do with that?
Old Jan 30th 2013, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

saryfairy is an unknown quantity at this point

I always thought it would go quick this year! Loads of people on here and on the irish boards were saying dont panic & they wont go that quick, but over 50% of the irish quota have gone in just over a day so if they continue at that rate they'll be gone in next 24-48 hours. People are super keen this year it seems- time to finally get out of recession britain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.