Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Jan 28th 2013, 6:09 am
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by jennellapea
It should be by Friday as per the website:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ex.aspx?view=d
Thanks, I actually read that but TOTALLY missed the crucial bit
Old Jan 28th 2013, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by empirestate
Not that I know of, You can only apply for permenant residency if you've had 1 year of paid work experience over 37hrs a week, or if youve lived with a spouce/common law partner for 1 year. So what most people like I hope to do is renew the IEC after the first year so we can get the 1 years full work experience and apply for it.
Just to bring this up again, MB has a pnp program that you can access after 6 month of work even with iec, check out there programs if Manitoba is a possible choice
Old Jan 28th 2013, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

onyourradar is an unknown quantity at this point

Still no update ;(

I thought they would update and the program would open before the 1st?! Only like 4 days till then. I'm starting to worry it'll be even later!

I was thinking of heading to Toronto for six months then Vancouver for the next six.
Although I am hoping to be out there in April. If that does happen ill aim for a week in NE US before going to Toronto.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 6:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manitobain
Just to bring this up again, MB has a pnp program that you can access after 6 month of work even with iec, check out there programs if Manitoba is a possible choice
And most other PNP's have no time required for work before becoming eligible - so PR can be applied for even sooner in other provinces.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

wardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond repute

that is great advice manitobain and christmasoompa, PR is what i would like to go for, manitoba is ideal because my trade isnt regulated too!
Old Jan 28th 2013, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

empirestate is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by laura_mc
Hi all. Just wondering if anyone knows when the fee for the visa/application has to be paid? Is it as soon as you put the application in? I couldn't seem to find it on the FAQ's.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
last year it was the last thing, once youd actually been accepted and everything you had to go to the bank and get it transfered to a special account of the canadian government. so i imagine now it will be towards the end of the work permit part we will be doing with the canadians, its far in, maybe 6 weeks into application.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 7:13 am
Drop in from time to time

JimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyArtnull has a reputation beyond repute

For anybody else waiting on a Police Certificate, I sent mine off on Thursday 17th Jan and it was delivered on the 18th (I send it Recorded) I just today (28th) recieved my confirmation email saying they had recieved it on the 21st and is now being processed.

Seems they have a bit of a backlog so don't worry about delays too much.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by empirestate
last year it was the last thing, once youd actually been accepted and everything you had to go to the bank and get it transfered to a special account of the canadian government. so i imagine now it will be towards the end of the work permit part we will be doing with the canadians, its far in, maybe 6 weeks into application.
You can make the payment online too
Old Jan 28th 2013, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

laura_mc is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much Empirestate. That's good to know, me and my partner are still waiting to get our ACPO certificates back but are not actually 100% sure we can go this year. Do you know if you apply and for some reason can't go, do you still have to pay the fee? Can you give up your place if you're accepted?

Won't find out for a month if we can definitely go, but don't think I want to risk waiting just incase they do go before then (I know it's unlikely going on previous years but you never know!)
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Jimmyjokerz is an unknown quantity at this point

where is the best place to get medical insurance? i did it through moneysupermarket last time but had to claim and provide my flight info so as i wont be flying back, where is the best, and chespest, place to get insurance converage?
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jimmyjokerz
where is the best place to get medical insurance? i did it through moneysupermarket last time but had to claim and provide my flight info so as i wont be flying back, where is the best, and chespest, place to get insurance converage?
Hi did you buy medical insurance or travel insurance that covers medical expenses? I've been looking around and the prices I've seen have been about £1/200!
Old Jan 28th 2013, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Jimmyjokerz is an unknown quantity at this point

i got travel insurance that covers medical expenses. im not sure what i have to get though as i had to claim on it last time and they asked for my flight info to prove i left the country and as i wont be flying home it kinda complicates it. where did you find those prices?
Old Jan 28th 2013, 9:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jennika
Hi did you buy medical insurance or travel insurance that covers medical expenses? I've been looking around and the prices I've seen have been about £1/200!
That's incredibly cheap for a year! You need travel insurance, not medical insurance, as one of the things it must cover is repatriation.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Oaken is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jennika

I wish mine was that cheap, mine last year was £1100
Old Jan 28th 2013, 3:04 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

GreatCover backpacker. 150 quid for the year. Covers repatriation and all the other usual stuff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.