International Experience Canada

Old Jan 29th 2013, 12:54 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by kangoolari
That would be cool.....though I haven't booked anything yet (would be daft to book flights before I've got the visa), and I have seen a few bad reviews for AirTransat.....though the only other option for that sort of price seems to be Heathrow-Reykjavik-Toronto-Montreal (fun!)
I have flown Air Transat before and they were fine, bit basic but you pay lower fares to compensate .I have also flown with Thomas Cook and would not recommend that experience to ANYONE lol
Old Jan 29th 2013, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oaken
Sorry but getting the cheapest insurance which doesn't give you the correct cover is beyond one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, don't just get insurance because of the price. I know an aussie who got seriously injured a few months ago, insurance wouldn't cover and is now owes close to $200,000.
The requirements specify insurance that covers medical expenses and repatriation.

Therefore, I will buy insurance that covers medical expenses and repatriation.

And having traveled a fair bit and never once had to claim I don't feel, apart from the two aforementioned cases, that I should pay for insuring myself against things like cancellation or loss of luggage as I can't imagine that should either of these situations arise that it is going to make a huge impact on my life.

Thanks for your input though.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sms1984
I have flown Air Transat before and they were fine, bit basic but you pay lower fares to compensate .I have also flown with Thomas Cook and would not recommend that experience to ANYONE lol
I wouldn't recommend getting on a plane to anyone, but until they invent transporters then needs must

Until they cancelled the route, I used to fly Easyjet all the time, and they were ok - but basic (and hugely cheaper than Swiss, which is what I have to fly now). So basic doesn't bother me so much
Old Jan 29th 2013, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kangoolari
That would be cool.....though I haven't booked anything yet (would be daft to book flights before I've got the visa), and I have seen a few bad reviews for AirTransat.....though the only other option for that sort of price seems to be Heathrow-Reykjavik-Toronto-Montreal (fun!)
Omg i love flying so much i'd almost prefer that route to a direct flight!! Though the chances of a baggage loss I guess triple if you have two connecting flights!

For me the other good thing about Air Transat is they allow a bike for £20. I'm going to use clothes and maybe a duvet as protective packaging around my bike when i put it in the cardboard bike box!!
Old Jan 29th 2013, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Mircha has a spectacular aura aboutMircha has a spectacular aura aboutMircha has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Is it possible to enter Canada on a 6 month holiday visa if you have a one year working holiday visa?

I was thinking it would be useful working towards my common law visa with the one year requirement? My gf is from Calgary and I would live with her (get my name on a bill of some sort)
I'm currently doing just this, and have been in Canada since October building up the time requirement so I can apply for the common law visa once October comes round this year.

Just waiting for the IEC to open so I can work in the meantime, so there should not be an issue for you to come over to get the timeline started. Would just advise having your gf's passport with you when you have to talk to the immigration desk on arrival and maybe a picture or two of you both. I was given a visitor's record and was asked about a return flight so you may have to take that into account if you go prior to the IEC visa. I explained that I will be applying for an IEC to cover any work while I am here until the PR comes through.

HTH
Old Jan 29th 2013, 2:51 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mitz24
I'm currently doing just this, and have been in Canada since October building up the time requirement so I can apply for the common law visa once October comes round this year.

Just waiting for the IEC to open so I can work in the meantime, so there should not be an issue for you to come over to get the timeline started. Would just advise having your gf's passport with you when you have to talk to the immigration desk on arrival and maybe a picture or two of you both. I was given a visitor's record and was asked about a return flight so you may have to take that into account if you go prior to the IEC visa. I explained that I will be applying for an IEC to cover any work while I am here until the PR comes through.

HTH
Just to confirm you are currently in Canada on a holiday visa? Thats good to know that you can go out on a holiday visa and look for work would help for the common law qualification I guess.

My gf will be heading back to Canada in April and I will be heading over in June/July so I think we will have to wait till June/July to start our one year common law "qualification".
Old Jan 29th 2013, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Mircha has a spectacular aura aboutMircha has a spectacular aura aboutMircha has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Just to confirm you are currently in Canada on a holiday visa? Thats good to know that you can go out on a holiday visa and look for work would help for the common law qualification I guess.

My gf will be heading back to Canada in April and I will be heading over in June/July so I think we will have to wait till June/July to start our one year common law "qualification".
Yes I'm currently on the Holiday/Tourist (Visitor) Visa in Toronto and was granted the full 6 months. I will likely be extending my current status as a visitor if the IEC takes a little longer to come this year.

So it is possible for you to come over as a visitor and state that you have applied for the IEC and have the valid reason of being here as to be with your gf.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

Cumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant future

Wondered why the IEC site temporarily went down, the Irish IEC seems to have opened
Old Jan 29th 2013, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cumbrian7
Wondered why the IEC site temporarily went down, the Irish IEC seems to have opened
That must mean we're next! (I hope!!)

EDIT

Changing the URL I found this...

https://iec-eic.international.gc.ca/...de=GB&&lang=en
Old Jan 29th 2013, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Ally and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

So if the Irish program is open! Surely we cannot be far behind!
Old Jan 29th 2013, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

empirestate is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhhh its almost here!
Old Jan 29th 2013, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

quota of 6350 for the Irish
Old Jan 29th 2013, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

ooooo Has anyone read the Step by step for ireland?

As part of stage one of the application process to participate in the International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative, you will be required to submit a scanned or electronic copy of the following documents to IEC Kompass. The designated IEC office will review these documents to assess your eligibility to participate in IEC. You may be requested to submit additional documents later in the process.

1 - A legible photocopy of the identification pages of your passport (family names, given name(s), date and place of birth, passport’s issue and expiry dates). Your passport must be valid for at least one day beyond the date of your departure from Canada and there must be one completely blank page, other than the last page, available in your passport.
2 - Proof that you have paid the IEC program participation fee.

So maybe the fee is upfront?
Old Jan 29th 2013, 3:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cumbrian7
Originally Posted by acrylicus
That must mean we're next! (I hope!!)
Originally Posted by Ally and Chris
So if the Irish program is open! Surely we cannot be far behind!
Interesting that they've scrapped the 'habitual residency' requirement as well.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Website is down - suspense!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.