Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Jan 24th 2013, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

jenlaa88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Got my confirmation email from ACRO this morning thank god!
Old Jan 24th 2013, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

dsmwright is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I missed the IEC visa deadline last year so I know a lot of the requirements involved. But... reading this thread has made me concerned about my chances of getting my app right the first time and now I'm thinking that paying BUNAC £100 would be worth the insurance. Basically, I have I have my checklist ready for when the visa's are released, from my ACRO to my actual form filled and signed (ahead of my self? Maybe the form will change come V-day??)

My concerns are now few but frightening! Should I be trying to apply for a medical examination; Will I need to have proof of funds in advance of even applying?

I was under the impression that proof of funds was only necessary on landing!

Thanks people!

D
Old Jan 24th 2013, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

MikeBrit will become famous soon enough

Ha well I am sure it will be a different form but no harm doing the old one for practice. No need for medical examination. Do you have the funds yet? My understanding is you dont need it til landing, but if you have them just get a statement, if not and they ask you for it ask your parents to put enough in your bank account, get the statement, then give them the money straight back. Stop worrying and chill out it cant be that difficult.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

MikeBrit will become famous soon enough

Also my understanding is that you get your place reserved in the queue as soon as your application is opened, if you make a mistake they may send it back and it might put a couple of weeks on your processing time but I am certain you wouldnt lose your place over it.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dsmwright
Hello,

I missed the IEC visa deadline last year so I know a lot of the requirements involved. But... reading this thread has made me concerned about my chances of getting my app right the first time and now I'm thinking that paying BUNAC £100 would be worth the insurance. Basically, I have I have my checklist ready for when the visa's are released, from my ACRO to my actual form filled and signed (ahead of my self? Maybe the form will change come V-day??)

My concerns are now few but frightening! Should I be trying to apply for a medical examination; Will I need to have proof of funds in advance of even applying?

I was under the impression that proof of funds was only necessary on landing!

Thanks people!

D
BUNAC don't have any visa allowance this year, so my understanding is that you can't use them.

The application is going to be online this year, so I assume that all forms will have to be filled out online (through the MyCEC/IEC-KOMPASS accounts) once the program opens.

As far as I know, you can't apply for the medical exam yourself - if you need one, then once you have submitted the forms they will direct you to book a medical exam (I think they send you some sort of form that you need to take to the doctor).

We don't yet know what the requirements are for this year's program, but in previous years proof of funds hsve only been required on landing.

Hope that helps

Last edited by kangoolari; Jan 24th 2013 at 10:35 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 10:49 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Why are people panicking and filling out forms that they aren't even sure will be used!!!!
Old Jan 24th 2013, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

Parfait!

Yeah, I thought that the medical would only be required of people applying for certain skilled job.. Also that is my plan exactly! I've got funds lined up and have even filled out this years forms on the My CIC account, thats how I mean that I may be ahead of myself as they may chance loads when the whole system is up and running.. But as you say, it won't hurt.. My panic is well justified as I have very personal reasons for wanting to be there as soon as possible, but Mike, I will take your advice of chilling out now with a well earned tea and ciggie!

Oh, by the way, does anyone have an idea of how long we can expect to wait onto of the normal 10 weeks for the kompass confirmation?

Thanks again

D

Last edited by dsmwright; Jan 24th 2013 at 10:53 pm. Reason: typo
Old Jan 24th 2013, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

Also that is my plan exactly! I've got funds lined up and have even filled out this years forms on the My CIC account, thats how I mean that I may be ahead of myself as they may chance loads when the whole system is up and running.. But as you say, it won't hurt.. My panic is well justified as I have very personal reasons for wanting to be there as soon as possible, but Mike, I will take your advice of chilling out now with a well earned tea and ciggie!
Oh, by the way, does anyone have an idea of how long we can expect to wait onto of the normal 10 weeks for the kompass confirmation?
I guess it helps to fill out the forms because then at least you're doing something, instead of sitting around waiting for it to open (refreshing the page every five seconds to see if things have changed ). If you don't mind me asking, do you already know whereabouts in Canada you'll be heading?

I think last year the estimated processing time was 8 weeks from receipt of application, but don't know yet how the two-stage application is going to affect the processing times.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Dandaman1 is on a distinguished road

This is frustrating. I sent off my for my police certificate on Friday last week and I still haven't received a confirmation email from them.

Is anyone else still having this problem? I saw someone else's took a while too...
Old Jan 24th 2013, 11:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dandaman1
This is frustrating. I sent off my for my police certificate on Friday last week and I still haven't received a confirmation email from them.

Is anyone else still having this problem? I saw someone else's took a while too...
I didn't know they did confirmation emails, is that a new thing?
Old Jan 24th 2013, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I got an email 4 days after sending saying this:

Thank you for your recent application for a Police Certificate which was received in this office on 11/01/2013. It will now be dealt with in accordance with the published guidelines.
Then received the certificate another 3 days later
Old Jan 24th 2013, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
When I applied back in November, I got a "Receipt of Police Certificate Request" email, that just said they'd received my request (and the date it was received), and that it would be dealt with according to the published guidelines.

Which I thought was good, because then at least I knew it wasn't lost in the post
Old Jan 24th 2013, 11:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I guess that's good, although what a waste of their time! Surely everybody sends it via trackable post anyway, so they'd know it had got there.

We definitely didn't get that for ours, so it must be a relatively new thing I think.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

Hey,

Kangoolari; I'm heading to Montreal! A bad choice for someone who's french is a working progress! But there is a certain special reason for that city in particular!! How about yourself? The one city or are you touring?

Dandaman1; The first confirmation I got was the cheque being cleared, then I received the email a day or two later, I hope that is useful to you!

D
Old Jan 25th 2013, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey,

Kangoolari; I'm heading to Montreal! A bad choice for someone who's french is a working progress! But there is a certain special reason for that city in particular!! How about yourself? The one city or are you touring?

D
Not completely decided yet, but I was also looking at going to Montreal Gives me a serious incentive to work at my French in the next few months

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.