International Experience Canada

Old Jan 22nd 2013, 11:56 am
Just Joined

sootie17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by kangoolari
Assuming the account you have created is a MyCIC account, not an IEC-Kompass account, then it seems like it is the second stage of the application
I agree. I created a MyCIC account after doing the "Am I Eligible" questionnaire and one of the required documents listed is the DFAIT letter which is the first step of the process, I believe.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

apb1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm currently in Canada with my partner on our first IEC visa. When applying for our first IEC, my partner had a medical so he was able to continue working as a teacher whilst in Canada if any vacancies came up.

Does anyone know if he will have to take another medical examination when applying for a 2nd year on the IEC, even though he had one already for his 1st year?

I found this on the IEC FAQ page:
Do I need a medical examination? Can you send me a list of designated medical practitioners?

...persons residing in the United Kingdom who are destined for occupations for which the protection of public health is essential must pass a medical examination.
As we are currently residing in Canada, not the UK, does that mean a second medical exam would not be required?

Having a medical extended the LOI waiting time by several weeks for both me and my partner as they processed our applications together, so I'm hoping he won't have to take a medical this time round!
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

twist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond repute

There may still be a glimmer of hope for the visas being extended I think. I notice that most of the other EU countries have the exact same blurb about the visas being released by Feb 1st that we have. And all have an extra bit underneath saying "work in Canada legally for up to one year... and so on" but ours is blank.

I emailed them regarding this, as the FAQ's and various other pages are now well out of date, and they continue to say that information regarding the criteria for age and visa duration will be released with the visas.

Wishful thinking maybe, but possibly the governments still haven't ironed out a definite plan.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twist_freeride
There may still be a glimmer of hope for the visas being extended I think. I notice that most of the other EU countries have the exact same blurb about the visas being released by Feb 1st that we have. And all have an extra bit underneath saying "work in Canada legally for up to one year... and so on" but ours is blank.

I emailed them regarding this, as the FAQ's and various other pages are now well out of date, and they continue to say that information regarding the criteria for age and visa duration will be released with the visas.

Wishful thinking maybe, but possibly the governments still haven't ironed out a definite plan.
I live in hope of this and have a strong feeling that the quota will be extended as well as the length of the work permit!
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

flo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by twist_freeride

That is some good detective work there.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point

I really hope so as I am so confused by this new process.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

wardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond repute

Are the majority of people on here going for IEC to try and gain a permanent job offer for LMO TWP then cec after 2 years pr? Or just travelling?

Is anyone doing this with a travel group bunac etc?

First time for me hence the worry I am doing it wrong on my own and should have gone with a travel group or immigration company.

Regards
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Wizardoffire is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wardy_1990
Are the majority of people on here going for IEC to try and gain a permanent job offer for LMO TWP then cec after 2 years pr? Or just travelling?

First time for me hence the worry I am doing it wrong on my own and should have gone with a travel group or immigration company.

Regards
my intention is to get out there, find a part time job unless i can land a permanent one straight away, then will apply for the second year but by then will have lived for a year with my partner so she can then sponsor me
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 3:08 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Regards
Work for a year, apply for second IEC visa then straight after apply for common law visa through my Canadian girlfriend.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

Regards

My plan all along was to use IEC as a means to find permanent work with an employer in the same role as I was in the UK (finance manager, so it's on the list of job titles accepted by CEC for PR) who would be willing to support my application for a TWP via LMO and subsequently apply for PR.

I applied for my first year IEC in Feb 2012, then went on vacation to Canada before I was accepted to try and find work and check out some areas I wanted to live in. First stop was Halifax - walked in to a recruitment agency and had an interview booked for the next day, the city itself wasn't that bad either, and after having a 2nd interview over skype back home I was offered the job and entered Canada on my IEC in July 2012.

They now want me to stay on, so will be submitting an LMO application in the coming weeks so I can apply for TWP, and I hope to get a 2nd IEC in the meantime.

So what I'm saying is it's totally possible to do it without the help from immigration companies (if such companies exist, I don't think BUNAC offer that service?). I guess it depends on what kind of jobs you are looking for and whether they are high in demand in the area you move to. Also, I believe the requirement is only 1 year, not 2 years, full time work experience in a 0, A or B role as per the NOC list, but someone can correct me on that if I'm wrong.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by apb1987
My plan all along was to use IEC as a means to find permanent work with an employer in the same role as I was in the UK (finance manager, so it's on the list of job titles accepted by CEC for PR) who would be willing to support my application for a TWP via LMO and subsequently apply for PR.

I applied for my first year IEC in Feb 2012, then went on vacation to Canada before I was accepted to try and find work and check out some areas I wanted to live in. First stop was Halifax - walked in to a recruitment agency and had an interview booked for the next day, the city itself wasn't that bad either, and after having a 2nd interview over skype back home I was offered the job and entered Canada on my IEC in July 2012.

They now want me to stay on, so will be submitting an LMO application in the coming weeks so I can apply for TWP, and I hope to get a 2nd IEC in the meantime.

So what I'm saying is it's totally possible to do it without the help from immigration companies (if such companies exist, I don't think BUNAC offer that service?). I guess it depends on what kind of jobs you are looking for and whether they are high in demand in the area you move to. Also, I believe the requirement is only 1 year, not 2 years, full time work experience in a 0, A or B role as per the NOC list, but someone can correct me on that if I'm wrong.
There's a list of acceptable jobs for CEC...? I was planning something similar except I'd be going there to do a skill level B job, which is considered skilled enough for CEC. But theres also a list?
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by acrylicus
There's a list of acceptable jobs for CEC...? I was planning something similar except I'd be going there to do a skill level B job, which is considered skilled enough for CEC. But theres also a list?
The 'list' of jobs for CEC I'm referring to is the NOC list which classifies jobs in to different categories. Only those jobs in the 0, A or B categories count towards the 1 year work experience required for CEC.

Sounds like you knew that already though
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Greatdane is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by apb1987
The 'list' of jobs for CEC I'm referring to is the NOC list which classifies jobs in to different categories. Only those jobs in the 0, A or B categories count towards the 1 year work experience required for CEC.

Sounds like you knew that already though
I can see the list of jobs in the 0 section, but for the life of me i cant find the lists for the A and B categories (or what them categories are) Am i just being dumb?
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Greatdane
I can see the list of jobs in the 0 section, but for the life of me i cant find the lists for the A and B categories (or what them categories are) Am i just being dumb?
I think there are way too many to be listed - if you look on the job bank and search for individual jobs you can see the NOC number - here's how you know what class they are:

Skill type 0 are all NOC codes that start with 0 - like 0111 or 0213
Skill level A are all NOC codes that don't start with 0 but have 1 as the 2nd digit - like 2143 or 3112
Skill level B are all NOC codes that don't start with 0 but have 2 or 3 as the 2nd digit - like 1231 or 7315
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 5:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flo-bee
That is some good detective work there.
Or, just reading too much in to stuff.

Originally Posted by Greatdane
Have a look at the NOC Matrix, that's what you need - http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/...11/Matrix.aspx As said above though, there are thousands in each section, so you need to find your own NOC code and then find the relevant skill level on the Matrix from that.

HTH.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.