Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Feb 7th 2013, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

jackdbennett is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Does anyone know what the quota is for the UK this year?
Old Feb 7th 2013, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

MikeBrit will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by manitobain
Germany: 4200 total visa opened at 9:00 AM, 3674 visa left as of 7:30 PM (in MB)... oh boy
How quickly the German ones go will tell us a lot I think, I would expect the level of demand from the UK to be inbetween Ireland and Germany. If the German ones go in a few days, I would expect the UK rush to be as mad as the Irish.

But the reassuring thing is none have "sold out" on the first day, and all of us check daily, so I think we should all be ok.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

MellowYellow is a glorious beacon of lightMellowYellow is a glorious beacon of lightMellowYellow is a glorious beacon of lightMellowYellow is a glorious beacon of lightMellowYellow is a glorious beacon of lightMellowYellow is a glorious beacon of lightMellowYellow is a glorious beacon of lightMellowYellow is a glorious beacon of lightMellowYellow is a glorious beacon of lightMellowYellow is a glorious beacon of lightMellowYellow is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jackdbennett
Does anyone know what the quota is for the UK this year?
the quota for this year will probably be no more than the one for ireland, and today may just be the day! ^_^
Old Feb 7th 2013, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Laura2109 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TorontoBartender
Guys, just to let you know the UK IEC hasn't opened because of the huge interest in the Irish applications so the UK team has been drafted into to help process those applications. Source is the Canadian High Commission Visa section.

They didn't give a time line but I would predict within the next 7 to 10 days hopefully when most of the applications have been pushed onto stage 2.

Cheers
I suspected it might be something along these lines! Thanks TorontoBartender! This makes me feel way happier.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

wykikamoocow is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello people,

Just want to say thanks for all the info on here, I'm waiting for the IEC to open(like everyone else) so I can get out to Canada and work, planning on heading to BC. The info on here is priceless to anyone looking to apply and it's good to know that there's people in the same boat as you.

I've got a quick question though. I've booked a return flight leaving the 1st week of June and the return leg at the end of January. If I'm unsuccessful with the IEC I'm planning on going anyway because I have a girlfriend over there at the moment but I will be traveling as a tourist then so does anyone think that I maybe refused entry because my flight will be over 6 months return time? I know you can get your stay as a tourist extended but if I arrive as a tourist and my return flight is longer than 6 months away does anyone think that this could be an issue? Hopefully it wont come to that but I'm just trying to cover all bases.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TorontoBartender
Guys, just to let you know the UK IEC hasn't opened because of the huge interest in the Irish applications so the UK team has been drafted into to help process those applications. Source is the Canadian High Commission Visa section.

They didn't give a time line but I would predict within the next 7 to 10 days hopefully when most of the applications have been pushed onto stage 2.

Cheers
I thought it might be something like that They seem to have already started pushing the applicants onto stage 2, so hopefully soon.

Bet the UK team are hoping there isn't a rush for the UK visas too

Edit: and my police certificates are officially 3 months old today

Last edited by kangoolari; Feb 7th 2013 at 10:10 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 10:03 pm
Account Closed

blonde0000 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am so agitated too because of IEC delay. I can't believe Irish visas were gone in like 2 days. I'm a Polish citizen and I think the IEC program isn't as popular in my country (last year there was like 600 places and they was still availability in May 2012) but nevertheless...I have all my papers scanned and ready to upload, I keep checking the website 20 times a day for the past 3 months and I'm slowly losing hope. They sent me an email some time ago saying that the delay is due to techinical issues...blah...
Old Feb 7th 2013, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

twist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kangoolari
I thought it might be something like that They seem to have already started pushing the applicants onto stage 2, so hopefully soon.

Bet the UK team are hoping there isn't a rush for the UK visas too

Edit: and my police certificates are officially 3 months old today
Don't worry about the police certificate being 3 months old. We managed to establish a few weeks ago, in the form of a direct answer from the IEC team, that police certificates are valid for a full year from issue.

It's a different immigration process that requires them to be less than 3 months old
Old Feb 7th 2013, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by twist_freeride
Don't worry about the police certificate being 3 months old. We managed to establish a few weeks ago, in the form of a direct answer from the IEC team, that police certificates are valid for a full year from issue.

It's a different immigration process that requires them to be less than 3 months old
I thought I remembered reading something about that I was a bit worried, because the police certificates are uploaded in the MyCIC part of the application, not the IEC Kompass part (and because I had to order the Swiss police certificate over the counter last time, because the website wouldn't work - so it would mean another trip back to CH - not that I mind, it is still ski season)
Old Feb 7th 2013, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

saryfairy is an unknown quantity at this point

Pllllleeeeeeeaaaaassssseeeeee Let it be today!!! I realise the british team are helping out with the irish applications but how about opening ours up now?? We've waited long enough!!
Old Feb 8th 2013, 12:30 am
Just Joined

malkovich is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by saryfairy
Pllllleeeeeeeaaaaassssseeeeee Let it be today!!! I realise the british team are helping out with the irish applications but how about opening ours up now?? We've waited long enough!!
Who, that had a heart, could resist a plea of such profligate punctuation? Are you listening, faceless Canadian Immigration officials? For god's sake are you made of stone?
Old Feb 8th 2013, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malkovich
Who, that had a heart, could resist a plea of such profligate punctuation? Are you listening, faceless Canadian Immigration officials? For god's sake are you made of stone?
That was very poetic
Old Feb 8th 2013, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

saryfairy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by malkovich

Haha thats all im saying
Old Feb 8th 2013, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

twist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond repute

Well the German applications seem to have slowed after the initial opening rush, as it's now nearly 24hours since they have been released and they still have plenty available. Which should help everyone here relax a little!

Which begs the question what is going on in Ireland? Is it really that bad living there atm?
Old Feb 8th 2013, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twist_freeride
Well the German applications seem to have slowed after the initial opening rush, as it's now nearly 24hours since they have been released and they still have plenty available. Which should help everyone here relax a little!

Which begs the question what is going on in Ireland? Is it really that bad living there atm?
I was reading an article on some Irish news website, they put it down to the extended effort of advertising the IEC visa in Ireland this year, as well as the habitual residency requirement being abolished and the extended visa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.