Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Feb 6th 2013, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

TorontoBartender is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by poppy88
great info there! good to know, annoyed at the travel insurance thing though

@lomsky i too hope they drop the habitual residency, as i have been in canada from feb 2012-feb2013, then travelling from may 2010 - august 2011, though they knew about my travelling for IEC 2012 and i was still accepted i just hope as i've been living in canada that wouldn't affect the habitual residency, well whatever i just hope it is dropped!

i think they will stop it, as they are trying to get all those that have down the working holiday visas in australia to come on over to canada etc
What annoyed you about the travel insurance?
Old Feb 6th 2013, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

fridge46 is an unknown quantity at this point

So I wanted to check my eligibility to work in canada, and the Canadian government have a questionnaire you can fill in to check if you are:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp

I did this it say that I am eligible under the IEC, then gave a checklist of the documents I require:

- IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter
- IMM1295 Application
- Additional Family Information IMM5645
- CV/Resume
- Passport or travel document
- Digital Photo
- Police Certificate

So if you are from the UK like me and waiting for IEC to open, I would be fairly sure the above documents are the ones you will need to complete/obtain.

Hope this helps
Old Feb 6th 2013, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point

I still a little concerned about the insurance issue - I've bought travel insurance which I know I need anyway. But on the IEC website it says I will need to show proof of private healthcare insurance. So I don't know whether the travel insurance I bought will cover this or do I need to buy health insurance as well?

Has anyone ever been told their insurance wasn't the appropriate one when getting their work permit?
Old Feb 6th 2013, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

Dandaman1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jennika
I still a little concerned about the insurance issue - I've bought travel insurance which I know I need anyway. But on the IEC website it says I will need to show proof of private healthcare insurance. So I don't know whether the travel insurance I bought will cover this or do I need to buy health insurance as well?

Has anyone ever been told their insurance wasn't the appropriate one when getting their work permit?
Most travel insurance includes health insurance. Check your list of coverages - my travel insurance last yeat included medical coverage.

On a side note, very few people (nor myself) were even asked for this proof when entering Canada last year, so it's perhaps not an issue you should lose sleep over (still check your coverage/get it though!).
Old Feb 7th 2013, 2:17 am
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future

Cheers for the info with the travel insurance - much appreciated

That's last thing I need to sort now after 'renewing' my passport yesterday!
Old Feb 7th 2013, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

Clare88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Get guys.
So another question... My passport expires June 2014 do you think it'll be fine to apply with it and then renew it either before I go or while I'm there? I've already got my police cert under that passport number and plan to enter Canada to be with my husband in march even though its likely the visas if even released are processed in time, so it will likely as a visitor then drive to the boarder once I hopefully get my LOI. Do you guys think the passport will be okay? It's still got a year and 4 months on it
Old Feb 7th 2013, 2:42 am
Just Joined

slattery is on a distinguished road

Hi all, need help! just did payment there of €120 from aib online and i'm not able to print details of payment. Rang them and they said no not possible so all i have is a printout of my bank statement showing €120 transfer with descrition IEC Canada......if i print this and write my WTN number on it will this do do you think or will my application be refused?
Old Feb 7th 2013, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by slattery
Hi all, need help! just did payment there of €120 from aib online and i'm not able to print details of payment. Rang them and they said no not possible so all i have is a printout of my bank statement showing €120 transfer with descrition IEC Canada......if i print this and write my WTN number on it will this do do you think or will my application be refused?
I'd also provide them with the account number, payment reference, bank name, transaction amount, date etc. (it's what they asked for last year). They need the information to track your payment to your WTN. I'm not sure how the online system works this year, but that's the information they'll probably want.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 2:52 am
Just Joined

Cumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by slattery
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...59459&page=220
That may be a more appropriate place to ask questions about the Irish IEC process, lots of questions similar to yours have been asked and answered on that thread.
Hope that helps

Last edited by Cumbrian7; Feb 7th 2013 at 2:55 am.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 2:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clare88
Get guys.
So another question... My passport expires June 2014 do you think it'll be fine to apply with it and then renew it either before I go or while I'm there? I've already got my police cert under that passport number and plan to enter Canada to be with my husband in march even though its likely the visas if even released are processed in time, so it will likely as a visitor then drive to the boarder once I hopefully get my LOI. Do you guys think the passport will be okay? It's still got a year and 4 months on it
Renew it before you go. If you arrive with a passport that will expire before the work permit length you are requesting then the work permit will only be issued for that period of time the passport is valid for.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

IT'S OPEN! For Germany... had you going, didn't I? This could be a good sign that things are moving forward though!
Old Feb 7th 2013, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dandaman1
IT'S OPEN! For Germany... had you going, didn't I? This could be a good sign that things are moving forward though!
I hate you.
and Germany, I hate Germany.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Although I will now be watching Germany very intently and see how fast they go in contrast to Ireland
Old Feb 7th 2013, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

They must have signed that agreement pretty quickly - at least you didn't have to wait until March like you thought.

(Also.....WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?)

Edit: Interesting that Ireland opened at 15:30, and Germany opened at 16:00 - I wonder if UK will open that time of day too?)
Old Feb 7th 2013, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kangoolari
They must have signed that agreement pretty quickly - at least you didn't have to wait until March like you thought.

(Also.....WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?)

Edit: Interesting that Ireland opened at 15:30, and Germany opened at 16:00 - I wonder if UK will open that time of day too?)
I'd say it's likely, they probably have a schedule of when they're opening each IEC and they will likely do it in the morning (their time) so they can spend the day working on the applications.

Working in a similar, application processing office environment myself, I can say that this is very likely the case.

So be extra vigilant around 3-5pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.