Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Jan 19th 2013, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by Kassibien
I think theres a way of getting around applying at 30 - I think theres room to do it before your 31ST birthday, I remember reading this - as long as your application falls on a day BEFORE you actually turn 31. I read this around November last year..... in IEC FAQ's? can't remember where I read it - sorry will try to find, I need to know for myself also : )
I am 30 right now and will be 31 in Jan next year. It is 100% possible to apply whilst you are 30 hence why I said this is my only time to apply - cannot apply again next year. So will need to figure out how I am to get PR from IEC so that I can continue staying there.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nudda
I am 30 right now and will be 31 in Jan next year. It is 100% possible to apply whilst you are 30 hence why I said this is my only time to apply - cannot apply again next year. So will need to figure out how I am to get PR from IEC so that I can continue staying there.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/index.asp

If you have one year of skilled Canadian work experience, this is probably your best bet
Old Jan 20th 2013, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kangoolari
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/index.asp

If you have one year of skilled Canadian work experience, this is probably your best bet
Thanks. I've actually worked for a canadian company for 6 months based in London but work was in Canada. Can that be counted towards the 1 year experience?
Old Jan 20th 2013, 6:08 am
Just Joined

CitizenErased is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there.

I'm terrible sorry for asking this relatively-straightforward question. I have looked around the forums for a while but cannot find an answer, so thought it best to make sure...

Like everyone else, I'm planning on applying for IEC. I appreciate that the page has not gone live, but also that it will shortly. What should I be doing now? What sort of documents should I have ready?

Thank you, very much, for any help that can be provided.

Zach

Last edited by CitizenErased; Jan 20th 2013 at 6:31 am.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 6:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CitizenErased
Hi there.

I'm terrible sorry for asking this relatively-straightforward question. I have looked around the forums for a while but cannot find an answer, so thought it best to make sure...

Like everyone else, I'm planning on applying for IEC. I appreciate that the page has not gone live, but also that it will shortly. What should I be doing now? What sort of documents should I have ready?

Zach

Just have a look at the FAQ page on the IEC website, as that will tell you what was needed last year and you can get sorted (things like police check, travel insurance, etc).

HTH.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 6:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nudda
Thanks. I've actually worked for a canadian company for 6 months based in London but work was in Canada. Can that be counted towards the 1 year experience?
What do you mean 'based in London but work was in Canada' - do you mean you were based in London, or the company was? Where did *you* actually work?
Old Jan 20th 2013, 8:18 am
Just Joined

CitizenErased is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just have a look at the FAQ page on the IEC website, as that will tell you what was needed last year and you can get sorted (things like police check, travel insurance, etc).

HTH.
Thank you!

I changed my name by Deed Poll in 2010 but have not yet updated my passport, which I understand I must do. This process will take approximately 6 weeks, though. I'll then (most likely) need to obtain my police check, so that's probably another 2 weeks. Is this delay going to be a problem?

I note that the spaces didn't fill until May for 2012, but what is the likelihood of the window being open so long this time around?

Thanks.

Zach.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 11:35 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CitizenErased
Hi there.

Zach
ACPO/ACRO police certificate, a CV and a set of passport photos (and from memory, a copy of your birth certificate)
Old Jan 20th 2013, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

TorontoBartender is an unknown quantity at this point

No need for birth certificate in 2012... Police certificate can take 10 days to get so apply now..

An updated CV is required, along with the passport photos, valid passport for the duration of your trip.. Hope that helps guys!

Last edited by TorontoBartender; Jan 20th 2013 at 1:20 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

i wonder if the cv needs to be in a certain format?
Mines A4 sized and just a general layout
Old Jan 20th 2013, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

TorontoBartender is an unknown quantity at this point

General A4 CV was accepted with my 2012 application so you should be fine but make sure you check the new rules once released...
Old Jan 20th 2013, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

sootie17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know whether we'll still have 12 months to activate the visas once we've got them?
Old Jan 20th 2013, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

jason4501 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sootie17
Does anyone know whether we'll still have 12 months to activate the visas once we've got them?
I'm quite certain we will still have the normal 12 month window to activate the visa
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TorontoBartender
General A4 CV was accepted with my 2012 application so you should be fine but make sure you check the new rules once released...
Thanks!
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

sootie17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jason4501
I'm quite certain we will still have the normal 12 month window to activate the visa
Excellent news! I'm hoping to fly out early next year so want to get my visa sorted so that I'm not panicking this time next year.

I got my Police Check back very quickly, I sent it first class post on Friday 11th January and received it back with the morning post on Friday 18th January! Just need to sort out my passport photos and update my CV then I'm all set.

This thread has been very helpful, thanks everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.