Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Jan 12th 2013, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by Wizardoffire
got my certificate as well, just waiting for it to open now
The envelopes open themselves? I knew my £45 went somewhere!

sorry
Old Jan 12th 2013, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

RickD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by acrylicus

sorry
smirk...

Good old british sarcasm, I love it, even though a lot of Canadians don't get it. I guess its part of who we are

Have a quick question... I received my police certificate, however I sent off for it from the UK and it has my last address in the UK on it. I am now in Canada and will be applying for my second year from here, which address should I use when completing the application form?
Old Jan 12th 2013, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Wizardoffire is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry
hahaha i walked into that one
Old Jan 12th 2013, 8:31 am
Just Joined

Taolut is an unknown quantity at this point

Good old one!!

sorry
Old Jan 12th 2013, 8:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnification
At 50, not much money, seeking a life in Canada, qualified to MSc level in tech subjects, currently Adult English teaching - what are my chances?
Is there a demand for English teaching of adults eg Quebec or everywhere?
I think my points are just about enough on the online calculator.
Any advice welcomed.
This thread is about the IEC visa, which is for people aged 30 and under.

Frankly though, as a teacher it's going to be tough, have a read of this for more info - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Teaching_in_Canada

And what is your definition of 'not much money'? You'd need at least $14k as proof of funds, but that amount doesn't include all your visa and moving costs (add another £10k or so for that, more if you have lots of furniture etc to take). And it's usually said that the proof of funds amount is rather low, most people go through that very quickly, so it's better to take as much over that amount as you can. This recent thread might be useful reading - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=735341

HTH.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

JoeJK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all. Just checking, is this the right site to get the ACRO police check done from?

http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx
Old Jan 13th 2013, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Wizardoffire is an unknown quantity at this point

yep thats the correct site
Old Jan 13th 2013, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point

What insurance is everyone going for?

I know it says health-care insurance covering medical care, hospitalization, repatriation and travel back to the United Kingdom - but I'm just wondering what health care insurance bought here would cover repatriation or is it best to just buy travel insurance which tends to cover most of these things...?
Old Jan 13th 2013, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

NovaGlaswegian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jennika
What insurance is everyone going for?

I know it says health-care insurance covering medical care, hospitalization, repatriation and travel back to the United Kingdom - but I'm just wondering what health care insurance bought here would cover repatriation or is it best to just buy travel insurance which tends to cover most of these things...?
There was a cheap year long one I seen posted here before, I'll try find it. If the Visa is going to be for 2 years, great, but it might be a hassle finding a two year policy to cover that length of time!
Old Jan 13th 2013, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

That's what I was thinking! Guess we just need to buy it again when the year is out.

I've looked at a few and the budget ones seem to be around £350+
Old Jan 13th 2013, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

BritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jennika
That's what I was thinking! Guess we just need to buy it again when the year is out.

I've looked at a few and the budget ones seem to be around £350+
I'm sure people a couple of months ago on this thread were quoting ACE travel insurance for 1 year at costing around £100?
Old Jan 13th 2013, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Yeah I heard that too - however I am just looking now and all options for 12 months (backpacker, gap and student) all seem to be around £300 still....
Old Jan 13th 2013, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

yeastery is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I just joined this forum. I'd really appreciate some advice on a few IEC issues. I've been waiting for the IEC 2013 program to launch and reading this thread confuses me a little. Seems like people are already applying/receiving visas? Were these just visas from the 2012 program finally arriving now? Or have I missed some way you can get a visa right now? I'm concerned because I have an interview for a job that would begin in April and currently I won't be able to say I know when the visa program is launching.

Also I see a lot of people talking about potential 2 year-long visas and things like that. Is that a real possibility or just hopeful thinking?

Thanks!
Old Jan 13th 2013, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Hello, some people like myself applied and recieved the Letter of Introduction (LOI) in 2012 but have not actually entered Canada yet.

What some people have also sent away for recently are their police certificates which you can arrange to recieve at any time, irrespective of when the quota for the IEC visa opens.

And yes there is talk of the time duration being extended to 2 years but it is all just speculation at the moment!
Old Jan 13th 2013, 6:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

News about the 2013 program just in case anybody hasn't seen this thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=783633

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.